• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it wasn’t guaranteed that he would’ve made the comeback. Suh and Donald probably would have had a say in that.

I personally have a problem the way Ty Montgomery was treated after that game. I mean, of course, some fans and the media are going to pounce on that fumble and try to attach all kinds of importance to it. Yeah, he definitely fucked up. All players fuck up. Part of being on a team is your teammates are supposed to have your back no matter what, good times and bad.

When our guy DJ Moore had a terrible game in Philly, everybody on the team, but especially Cam had his back. Every single question that was asked about it, they expressed confidence in him and shielded him from any kind of special blame for what was a team performance.

The way Rodgers was sulking on the sideline after the fumble, his entire attitude afterwards. He basically said to the press, ‘he didn’t lose the game but he prevented us from winning’. Really? That’s your teammate man. How about talk to him and hear his side. Even if he did fuck it all up, was he the only one who fucked up? Just because his mistake happened at the end of the game, it’s more significant?

Cam cant sulk. He can’t so much as put a towel over his head or speak in the wrong tone without getting criticized. But when he had the chance, he had DJ Moore’s back. The very next Sunday, Moore had an explosive game and was a huge part of the victory.

It really felt like two 3-4 teams playing that's for sure. Eagles couldn't get a pass rush which meant our terrible secondary got exposed. Then our our Oline couldn't block long enough to expose the jags depleted secondary. I'm glad we won but it didn't inspire much confidence for the rest of our season

Good insight. It was overall rough for me

Yeah, he definitely fucked up. All players fuck up. Part of being on a team is your teammates are supposed to have your back no matter what, good times and bad.
absolutely.

i'd love to understand his decision. here's what he said after the game:

"“I made a split-second decision, I don’t know if this is going to land on the goal line,” Montgomery said Monday. “So I’m not going to take a knee on the goal line, at the half-yard line and take a chance at putting the game in the refs’ hands. Unfortunately, I ended up fumbling the football. I don’t think we’d be having this conversation if I didn’t fumble the football because we know how good our two-minute offense is. But I’ve never been a guy to completely disobey what I’m being told.”"

i took another look at the play - he fielded the ball a good 2 or 3 yards in the end zone so i have trouble buying the idea that he didn't know if he was in the end zone for sure.

no matter. bottom line, i agree with your statement.

man, i would have loved to watch that drive :)

alasdair

I have a hard time judging it, especially with the circumstances he was under. That was a super high pressure situation. On the road against the only undefeated team left in the league. You don’t know where the balls going to land until the last second. It wasn’t going to be right on the line but it wasn’t going to be deep either. Like he said, if he didn’t fumble, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I just think it was a very disappointing loss, and it is easier psychologically to be talking about some kind of controversy than it is to take a hard look at your team as a whole.

i think the packers sent a message when they traded him to the ravens today. see what they got in return? a 7th round pick. and not for 2019. for 2020!

loud and clear.

marvin jones and demaryius thomas are both on my ff team. they both got a bump today.

alasdair

I personally have a problem the way Ty Montgomery was treated after that game. I mean, of course, some fans and the media are going to pounce on that fumble and try to attach all kinds of importance to it. Yeah, he definitely fucked up. All players fuck up. Part of being on a team is your teammates are supposed to have your back no matter what, good times and bad.

It gets worse than that. He was traded for nothing today. Ha Ha also went being his contract is up next year and wanted out.. for a 4th round to Washington I think.

My take is that really good teams have that special chemestry. The brewers had it this year. Those teams don't bicker and back stab. They support and strengthen each other. Green Bay right now is struggling a bit and now its time to see what we are made of this year. Those descions were front office descions. Not the ones I would have made. We just played with arguably the best team in football right now and that makes me feel good, but we need to start winning and now.

Golden Tate traded to the Eagles for a measly third round pick?

WTF?!?!?!?!?

i got so mad when i heard the news, i almost punched the wall

My take is that really good teams have that special chemestry. The brewers had it this year. Those teams don't bicker and back stab. They support and strengthen each other.

thats the way I see it too
Green Bay right now is struggling a bit and now its time to see what we are made of this year. Those descions were front office descions. Not the ones I would have made. We just played with arguably the best team in football right now and that makes me feel good, but we need to start winning and now.

Well you guys are only a game behind in the NFC North. I think yall can pull it off.

All black uniforms debuting Sunday 8o

7xomYVk.jpg

VnCCEQL.jpg

I like New Orleans at home over the Rams. Drew Brees has been unstoppable at home this year. It's going to be something like 42-35

49ers are starting undrafted rookie QB Nick Mullens

haha wow. wasn't going to watch til i heard that.

from ESPN:

With each completed pass, Mullens seemed to reach another historical benchmark.

- Mullens' passer rating of 151.9 was the best by a quarterback making his debut with at least 20 attempts since 1970.

- Mullens joined Marc Bulger, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Marcus Mariota as the only players over the past 25 seasons to throw for three or more touchdowns in their first game, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

- Mullens is the first player since Carson Wentz to throw a touchdown in his first career game on the team's opening drive and one of four to do it in the past 15 seasons, along with Wentz, Mariota and Matt Ryan.

- Mullens is the first player in 49ers history to throw three touchdowns in his first game with the team, according to Elias Sport Bureau.

- The last time a 49ers quarterback threw two touchdown passes on the first two drives of a game was Week 4 of 2016 (Colin Kaepernick). The last time the Niners scored a touchdown on their first two drives of a game was Week 14 of 2016.

from ESPN:

With each completed pass, Mullens seemed to reach another historical benchmark.

- Mullens' passer rating of 151.9 was the best by a quarterback making his debut with at least 20 attempts since 1970.

- Mullens joined Marc Bulger, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Marcus Mariota as the only players over the past 25 seasons to throw for three or more touchdowns in their first game, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

- Mullens is the first player since Carson Wentz to throw a touchdown in his first career game on the team's opening drive and one of four to do it in the past 15 seasons, along with Wentz, Mariota and Matt Ryan.

- Mullens is the first player in 49ers history to throw three touchdowns in his first game with the team, according to Elias Sport Bureau.

- The last time a 49ers quarterback threw two touchdown passes on the first two drives of a game was Week 4 of 2016 (Colin Kaepernick). The last time the Niners scored a touchdown on their first two drives of a game was Week 14 of 2016.

i just hope he really is that good, and it wasn't simply a product of playing against the rayda's defense.

If you can even call that a defense. Jesus. Did you see Gruden's face on the sideline? 10 year contract. Lol!

The kid played well and hes from my city but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. It was a meaningless Thursday night game against a bad team. Hopefully he at least earned himself a backup job for someone next year

Status
Not open for further replies.