• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Storing old cottons different methods

Theopieking

Greenlighter
I'm new here and this is my frist thread, so I apologize for doing something wrong if I do,
Anyway my doc is morphine sulphate instant release tablets 30mg which I iv (anamorph)
A quick rundown on my prep method is I just crush my desired dose in between aluminum foil and place in spoon and than heat until its starts boiling than remove heat immediately, than I place a cigarette filter in the spoon and draw my hit up through it (micron filters arnt available in my area :-( ).
When I'm done I than place the filter in a empty pill container (which I clean with a alcohol swap frist) and than place in fridge to stay there until im ready to use them, I never use a filter older than 5-6 days MAX. I've only ever gotten cotton fever twice using this method after years of using it ( which I believe was because I used filter which were 7 days old so that's why the 5-6 day limit is in place) I would love to hear your ideas to improve my method, and the method you use to store them (if you do). I would love to see all the different methods people use and how to improve mine. Im aware there's a few threads already about this but there all really old and I didn't want to bump an old thread, so I appoligize if I did something wrong. Happy high days guys ????

I'm storing them because my supply to my morphine always runs out 2 days before I'm able to fill my script again, I always try and make them last the full week but I never do (I lack the self control) so the cottons I save get me through till I'm able to fill my repeat script without getting dope sick ??

Well, since you've gotten cotton fever twice, you obviously know that is always a risk, and I'd recommend ordering micron filters, they can be easily found with a Google search, and are usually cheaper than many seem to believe, especially when you factor in the added level of safety they provide.

And I don't believe IR morphine tablets require any heat to inject, in fact unless I'm mistaken, it's actually frowned upon. I've never seen heat used with very similar pills.

The only reason I use heat, is the brand of ir morphine pills dont completely breakdown without heat, the brand I used to get before I changed pharmacy, didn't need heat at all. But I find a little heat makes the shot a lot stronger when using these specific tablets ?

I'll defer to Tubbs and anyone else who used to or currently does inject, although I have been around people who IV'd all sorts of substances. Poor injection methods can lead to some very serious, potentially deadly complications, man, is it worth the small amount you retain in the filters? If you can't make your pills last by yourself, perhaps a friend or family member can dole them out to you?

Hey man, not trying to sound like a dick, but the strength difference is in your head. Morphine, like #4 heroin is extremely water soluble, the stuff left over if you don't heat it is non soluble filler/cut.

If I can find a cheap source of micron filters that ship to Australia than I will switch and start using them, i agree with you it really isn't worth it but when dopesick a lot of addict will go above and beyond to get a fix sadly enough, my housemate just had his hand amputated due to poor injection method. I think I'm going to invest in micron filters this week for the added safety, if anyone can point me in the right direction to get micron filters within Australia it would be greatly appreciated ?

I believe it might well be in my head, that is just the method I was shown when switching to this brand, I've tried the non heat method once but the dose I used was much smaller than what I normally use now that I think about it, so for tommorow dose I wont use heat and see if it makes a difference ?? thankyou

Hey man, not trying to sound like a dick, but the strength difference is in your head. Morphine, like #4 heroin is extremely water soluble, the stuff left over if you don't heat it is non soluble filler/cut.

That-And all due respect, storing cottons is stupid- They won't help with that tolerance, and will make you sick-and why cigarette filters and heat- you need to read up on injection technique-you are lucky to have Morphine Classic, my old friend, unfortunately had to deal with MScontind quite often

Morphine sulphate isn't nearly as soluble as heroin Hcl just to correct an earlier post. ~60mg/ml if I remember correctly for MS.

Never said it was, only said both were very soluble in water, neither require heat to dissolve in water.

You would need a need a 3ml syringe to inject multiple tablets-only problem w/ Morphine Classic, although us d to keep BD Syringes around primarily for that purpose, to do shots over 100mg; With H, a quarter gram of Good dope with a high diamorphine content can easily be dissolved in a ml of water; Either way heat is not required , except for certain CR morphine preparations, otherwise you are wasting your time and dissolving filler

You were right bdtubbs, this morning I didn't use heat for shot and it worked just as well if not a little better than if I used heat, I think I had the idea I needed heat in my head because when I tried it without heat last time it was a lot less than my regular dose, and yes I do use a 3ml barrel for 180mg of morphine as im well aware its only soluable in 60/ml ?

If you get a micron filter, you're really going to have to budget out your doses, you won't have the cotton washes to rely on anymore.

You should still get one, especially shooting pills.

And ya don't add heat dumb dumb, the particles expand like 6x the size..

FkKSITi.png

You'll notice that in the heated pics things look more clumped together but with higher resolution there are a myriad of < 2um particles swimming around the clumps.

0.22um Syringe filters in 25mm 0r 33mm sizes will filter down small enough to remove bacteria. PIll excipients and bacteria is a 2birds- 1 stone kinda thing. Omicron makes a triple layer filter that has two borosilicate glass filters of descending porosity on top of the PVDF or Nylon main filter that will last durability wise and are less than a dollar a piece. I suggest e-bay, they ship anywhere. A light flush with 0.1 ml will rinse out any left over MS negating the need for cotton unless you pre-filter which is not a bad idea as it adds life to micron filters but it's better to eat the saved/ used prefilters then trying to rewash them. Stay Safe!