• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to reduce cannabis anxiety?

George1012

Bluelighter
I've had all sorts of experiences with cannabis. Jr high was when I truly started but quit for quite a lot of years then started again, so I had two first times. Both were extremely intense, especially my first time as an adult at age 21. Three years later I've developed no tolerance, my intention. Just like to use sparingly I guess. I've since tried a few other remedies, soft herbs like kratom and kava, and occasionally alcohol. When I smoke I start to get really anxious, even after a hit or two. The high can become very intense and my mind starts to wander. In junior high I didn't know anything about cannabis and actually believed it was a bad thing, bad for you and bad to do, so anxiety then was believing that THC was dangerous. Now my anxiety stems to other things.

If anyone has tried kratom or kava they'll know they reduce anxiety. I've always had some form of anxiety on cannabis, that's kind of why its fun but its gotten pretty severe lately and I think it has part to do with my other herbal remedies. Kava tea is powerful when brewed properly and can get you feeling pretty tipsy, krunk, no anxiety whatsoever just blissfully relaxed and happy. Does cannabis anxiety have anything to do with tolerance? My bud guy told me I need to smoke more and I'd be less paranoid, getting more accustomed to its effects I guess. Some have suggested quitting for awhile and completely starting over. I've tried the latter before and that made things slightly worse. When I take a few days break and smoke again the first two highs can be pretty bad but after they get more manageable and enjoyable.

I smoke on average 1-4 times a day on days I do smoke, depending on the day, with 2-3 days completely off each week. I can't drink coffee or caffeinated beverages anymore before I smoke or that would make it much worse. Drinking a nice brew of kava after smoking is nice and reduces the anxiety. Drinking it before just gives the cannabis a chance to completely overpower the relaxing effects of kava or kratom, even if taken right before. How can I enjoy cannabis again without having to have kratom and or kava with it?

Salutations George1012,

When I smoke I start to get really anxious...

This board has an anxiogenic "Wall-of-Shame", no need for SMOKING mari-caca that's potentially pesticide-laced and THC-centric: just read and save money!!

Does cannabis anxiety have anything to do with tolerance?

A self-vilifying consumption method that promotes disturbing abuse ain't gona help it.

Some have suggested quitting for awhile and completely starting over.

Another dead-end on the long run. Anyway how can "T-Breaks" ever fix what's fundamentally flawed, playing Yo-Yo!?

How can I enjoy cannabis again without having to have kratom and or kava with it?

Some people do this daily but it comes at the cost of significant trade-offs. Come back in 7, or maybe even 30-some years, when you're ready to pass the wall...

If in a hurry then perhaps consider exploring other alternatives unless you think that repeating the same mistakes can lead to different results. Though it's unclear you've got realistic expectations relatively to cannabis, as someone who'd better think LSD as in the good old days instead...

Good day, have fun!!
biggrin.gif

Figure out the root of your anxiety and work to reduce this. To quote Bob Marley - smoking weed "shows you yourself".

Hi, one of the easiest way to temporarily forget about the anxiety and give your brain a dopamine spike would be to eat some candy or some sort of sweets.

smoke less (this should be obvious to anyone with a brain)- saves u money and solves the probelm

have a tiny amount and wait 20 mins to see how it affects you

tolerance isn't beneficial- except for people who think its cool to have to spend more money for same effect

go excercise when the high hits instead of sitting on your ass

endorphin buzz gets rid of anxiety and meshes well- go swimming (one of the best activites)

Last edited:
Start by taking one hit by yourself. Stay buisy when you start thinking negative thoughts change what you are thinking about. Face the fear. You aren't going to die what is there to be afraid of? I have the same issue as you but love weed now.

I started off by taking it slow I give myself at least one hour after a hit before I have to see anyone by that time you should be composed. I smoke now and go to the gym. I go to the store I go wherever I want. I only take 1-2 hits. After awhile you will be able to harness your fear and anxiety. You can't fear weed.

Face your insecurities your fears get your life in order.

Hello dude, while it may be the case as some others have pointed out that weed is forcing you to face some things you should work on in your personality/choice making, which especially at your still young age is nothing to be ashamed of.

But for some people most strains of weed commercially distributed today have an effect that is anxiogenic in nature, partially due to the ratio of THC to CBD being too high in favour of THC, and also because some people have a brain that is "geared" in a way that weed brings some "parameters" in an uncomfortable range.

There are strains of weed that have different THC:CBD ratios, I suggest you try to smoke some high CBD strains and see if they are better for you.
As an alternative, it mat be possible, depending where you live, to legally buy cannabis products with no THC content that do have CBD in them, as well as pure CBD crystals.
Adding this type of product to your weed will allow you to experiment with a different ratio of THC to CBD.

Salutations Phobos,

...I suggest you try to smoke some high CBD strains and see if they are better for you.

Allow me to add some complement of information in directly-accessible graphic format:

Which means "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" as the venerable Volcano, Arizer (etc.) only make things worse for some of the most vulnerable people, on top of affecting the lungs path of many more users negatively...

How so? M'well, it seems to me if CBD transforms into THC as a result of slow "baking" in an "oven" then this shall increase the THC:CBD ratio by removing part of the CBD via its conversion into THC. Possibly raising the THC amount until it degrades further as CBN...

eyesclosed.gif

Personally i wish i could experience 2:1 THC:CBD ratios since i don't reject the so-called "recreative" aspects as defined in a bipolar regulatory system. My "Weapon of Massive Seduction" has been ready for some while now:

Too bad Justin MiniHarper Trudeau was little more than a cheating liar and manipulator when he bragged around promising to make "incidental possession" legal - which in clear implies only wealthy ($$$) white people who voted Liberal (and/or Conservative before...) will truly enjoy his socio-toxic "reform".

Good day, have fun!!
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
As far as I know, CBD to THC conversion requires a highly acidic environment, meaning a solution of THC with a low PH within a specific range, to be held at a certain temperature for a certain amount of time.
Same sources also say that different acids used for the solution and different times before restoring a normal PH and extracting the resulting cannabinoid mix, will produce different versions of the THC molecule, like the 8 and 6 isomers.

As far as I know, and I might be wrong here, but that's what information I have acquired so far, heat only decarboxylates CBD-A to the active form CBD, and same with THC-A becoming THC.

Hi again Phobos,

...CBD to THC conversion requires a highly acidic environment...

To the risk of sounding desperate, ain't superhot CO2 as collected from a torch flame corona at least somewhat "acidic", though in "Micro-Bursting" mode that might not be sufficient. Anyway perhaps i should just rephrase as follows:

..."Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" as the venerable Volcano, Arizer (etc.) might only make things worse for some of the most vulnerable people...

E.G. Maybe, maybe not. Still awaiting for duplication and associated peer-reviews by resourceful individuals with different perspectives.

...meaning a solution of THC with a low PH within a specific range, to be held at a certain temperature for a certain amount of time.

It only reads ? CBD cyclization occurs over time, and is accelerated by acidity, heat, prostic solvents and other factors. ?, synergy of multiple factors is only 1 possible option the way i interpret it - but nobody is expected to prove omnipotent except on websites where gurus are the worst trolls around, hence the need to "share the fun". In other words there's only 1 way to find out and that's not something i can do much about.

Same sources also say that different acids used for the solution and different times before restoring a normal PH and extracting the resulting cannabinoid mix, will produce different versions of the THC molecule, like the 8 and 6 isomers.

M'well, is it not good news to have a toolbox full? :)

As far as I know, and I might be wrong here, but that's what information I have acquired so far, heat only decarboxylates CBD-A to the active form CBD, and same with THC-A becoming THC.

That's more input i'm used to receive on practically any board, want a sample what it's like to seek active exchanges on a novel consumption method which i'm probably alone to have ever actually experienced?? Contemplate how easy-talk sounds cheap:

Professional Troll said:
Your continued effort to pass on wrong information... ... ...you misunderstand everything... You are not a good scientist. If anyone even listens to you, there's a chance causing harm to themselves and others. ... You get about 10% of your info correct... ... Your ego is killing any chance you have at being right.

You, you, you - anonymous. I get this sort of deception every few months since 2010. Or 2013 in the VaporGenie case. So that's why i'm rather pleased having some fair dialog for a change, once in a while...

The pipe still works the same for me, alone in some under-exploited specialty niche that's clearly out of reach to Hot Dry Air Ovenizers (AND their owners) by design. While the genuine VG product as sold to me in 2012 simply failed flat. E.G. i still feel proud for contributing with a major improvement, nonetheless.

%)

Back to the announced topic, on ways to avoid negative effects:

Animation_for_2-to-1_THC_vs_CBD_Ratio.gif

Does that appeal any better? What genetics have 2:1 or 3:1 THC:CBD ratios to begin with??

Good day, have fun!! 8)

Honestly just smoke more

Somebody describes how weed gives him anxiety and you suggest a dosage increase?
I'm sorry but this is not good advice at all and you give no reasoning as to why this would be a good idea.

Weed has been linked with causing anxiety in some users, and in those that suffer from this, the anxiety is
directly proportional with dosage, not inversely as you seem to imply.

Some of this may have already been said further up the post. Though not wanting to have to read through every post, I'm going to give my 2 cents regardless.

There's a few ways I can think to combat cannabis anxiety -

1/ Stop smoking cannabis

2/ Find the root cause of your anxiety and address it. (sometimes peoples bodies just start to not tolerate high amounts of THC. So if that's the case, revert to #1)

3/ Smoke strains with high CBD 1:1 is usually a good start. More CBD less of a noticeable, 'head high' and CBD can help in reducing anxiety.

4/ Take a long break. Months. Not days/weeks.

After close to a decade of smoking, the last few years everyday I started to experience anxiety/panic attacks when I smoked. So I stopped...
2+ Years later, recently I started smoking CBD cannabis and I don't really get any anxiety. Not from the cannabis anyway (sometimes I can psych myself out).

I like weed (used it on&off for 45 years) but smoking it sometimes gives me anxiety. I never get that with edibles. No idea why, but the edible high is much mellower and more enjoyable for me. Also longer-lasting, which is a bonus!

Peace&Love,
jasper

I am prone to anxiety, and I like to remember when I smoked, usually writing the time down. This way if I get anxious I can look at the time and say, for example"Ok, 20 mins, I'm pretty much at the peak now, another 20 mins or so and I'll be coming down" or something like that. I view it as a roller coaster and I can reassure myself that it's ok and I'm about to come down the peak the other way.

I realize that isn't some magic cure or anything, but I'm quite an anxious person by nature, often much more so on weed, and it's done wonders for me. I even manage to enjoy the anxiety to some extent, viewing it, as I said, somewhat like a roller coaster.

TL;DR: Actually writing the time down where I can see it helps me remember the temporary nature of this anxiety.

Salutations,

Mabe some individuals simply need to learn how to recognize the "Wall of Shame" in order to be able to sort a few socio-toxic elements out of the equation, to begin with, as it might feel better not having to assume the guilt of a nation, off the cross...

4hcryvd.jpg

Good day, have fun!! =D

Back when I smoked I found a benzo or phenibut would make it possible to get high without the anxiety. Of course those aren't viable options if you want to smoke every day since they can be habit-forming.