• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis Overdose?

smokeymcpot42088

Bluelighter
Laughable right? Well a friend had a relative who went to the hospital after a seizure. At the time said person was smoking 3 different kinds of hash along with idk dank, dro, you know the good stuff. Sour Diesel if the 'dude' didn't lie.

Said person is around 55 years of age and in not the best health. *hence the medical card.
Well after getting to the hospital and numerous tests being ran the doctor came back with a diagnosis of "cannabis toxicity" which everyone I have talked to finds laughable. Especially considering person is seizure prone and on 3 anti seizure meds.

The doc was told to run more tests because that couldn't possibly be it. He said he had never seen THC levels this high and that cannabis toxicity was in fact a real thing.

1. This is bullshit correct? I know it was 5 years ago but I don't research cannabis as avidly as most; the research is already done.
2. Does Said person have any chance of a lawsuit for malpractice, defamation, anything of the nature as this is now plastered into there medical record.

Salutations,

Laughable right?

"Wall of Shame" is how i call it around here, SELF-VILIFICATION comes next and that's what i'd investigate before making Hollywoodian statements as announced in your title...

...said person was smoking...

Right. It's called multi-intoxication and we got decades of contaminated events about that.

Said person is around 55 years of age and in not the best health.

Getting worse as we read. Time to re-evaluate the situation!

...hence the medical card.

M'yeah, never heard of medical patients going in court over pesticides, for example?

...the doctor came back with a diagnosis of "cannabis toxicity"...

Doctors can prove to be the most socio-toxic of all as they actively contribute to the "war on drugs" and "drug-free world" utopia.

...the doctor came back with a diagnosis of "cannabis toxicity"...

The only "toxicity" i can imagine is about THC-centric genetic selection. Doctors are obcessed with monomolecules, they keep warning about high-THC % in absolute values but consistently fail to question THC/CBD/CBN/Terpenes (and more) ratios. Not to mention i was reading recently about them getting 30 minutes on the subject over 6 years of medical school...

...person is seizure prone and on 3 anti seizure meds.

Oh, a last hit! Multi-intoxication again.

He said he had never seen THC levels this high and that cannabis toxicity was in fact a real thing.

See what i mean??

Is this bullshit correct?

Half-truths, distortions of reality. Never heard of pregnenolone i guess.

...I don't research cannabis as avidly as most...

Here's your chance to acquire/develop some criticism on the "science"which was accumulated since Nixon, In The Name Of Children...

Does Said person have any chance of a lawsuit for malpractice, defamation, anything...

My suggestion of a good read:

[ www.leafly.com/news/health/how-the-...his-doctor-to-speak-up-about-medical-cannabis ]
How the Hippocratic Oath Drove This Doctor to Speak Up About Medical Cannabis (2018-Feb-20)

For all i know there's no certainty they're all worthy of dressing in white, wearing a stethoscope. You may need an electro-shock:

"Kid for Cash"
"Fix my Kid"​

If you get the chance.

In any case smoking "joints" ain't the best consumption method around: it's inherited from the 1880 paper rolling machine invention of James Albert Bonsack, may be time for a revision and doctors won't do it for us. Why not consider healthier alternatives based on "1-Hitter" vaporizers that break down the session as individual tokes, promoting moderation (while the cigarette format invites for more)? Doing so translates as smaller intakes and hence provides some opportunity to cancel the show early if something seems wrong. While it may be too late when promoting disfunctional abuse as with smoking...

Good day, have fun!!

Last edited:
I've been trying to commit suicide via this method. Its just not working

Ha the doc ain't seen my blood levels then.

By definition, a drug overdose does not have to be fatal so yes there is real case of cannabis overdose but not fatal.

Would think that the ability for a lawsuit would depend on the state and current political and legal trends in that state. You could contact the ethical board though and possibly have the doctor reprimanded, the files changed and more importantly- you could get the medical care you need. A seizure is a potentially fatal event and if you are clearly seizure prone and on anti-seizure meds seems insane that he would be so rigid in his belief. You could contact lawyers that specialize in the field. Some law firms offer free consultations. Beyond that, I dont think legal discussion is allowed here on BL. And neither is SWIM, seems pretty clear that it isn't a friend, no need to put up a guise.

I OD'd on weed ate a whole ice cream cake went into a trance for a couple hours listening to tunes. Careful, weed kills.

An overdose in a medical sense, is just taking something over a prescribed/recommended dose.

If you're prescribed 5mg of something and you take 10mg, it's classed as an overdose.
If the recommended dose of a supplement is 1 capsule and you take 2, that's an overdose.

So the idea that someone could overdose on cannabis isn't silly in the slightest. Sure we know cannabis can't directly kill someone. Though it can have an effect on blood sugar, blood pressure, heart rate etc... So if you smoke too much, sure, it can make you feel worse for wear.

People just immediately associate the word overdose with it being fatal. Yet don't actually see it from a medical sense.

An overdose in a medical sense, is just taking something over a prescribed/recommended dose.

If you're prescribed 5mg of something and you take 10mg, it's classed as an overdose.
If the recommended dose of a supplement is 1 capsule and you take 2, that's an overdose.

So the idea that someone could overdose on cannabis isn't silly in the slightest. Sure we know cannabis can't directly kill someone. Though it can have an effect on blood sugar, blood pressure, heart rate etc... So if you smoke too much, sure, it can make you feel worse for wear.

People just immediately associate the word overdose with it being fatal. Yet don't actually see it from a medical sense.
Exactly. My good friend just went to the hospital the other day because of a weed overdose. It was just anxiety i guess but he still went to the ER because of an edible. This is a big guy we are talking about here too, someone who i've smoked with daily for years. It happens, no one dies, but it happens.

I used to smoke weed for 8 years every single day, starting my day with a dab of 99.9% pure distillate before I even brushed my teeth. I've purposely tried to OD on it to see what happens. I've taken legit dispensary edibles tested at over 500mg and had a great time. I've dabbed 500mg of 99.9% pure distillate, also tried a mixture of 300mg 99.9% THC and 300mg 99.9% CBD powder. The worst that's ever happened to me is I've fallen asleep and woken up higher than when I fell asleep. I don't think OD'ing on weed is possible IMO at least not realistically. You would probably need to ingest like 3 syringes of 99.9% pure distillate to come even close to OD'ing, and even then I think you would just have some nice sleep followed by a nice day of a mellow high. Also greatly depends on tolerance

this

I had a weed overdose a while back. I became convinced existence was malignant and that we all were going to suffer in inexpressible ways after death on another plane of existence where pain and misery are exponentially augmented in ways we can't comprehend. So I laid down on the floor where I became concerned bugs were going to start crawling all over me (there were no bugs) as I heard people using saws outside (there was no one outside)

Then 20 mins later I got up and had some cereal.

I get some "Wall of Shame" overdose practically every now and then around here. Best/only remedy: abstaining as i'm hooked, enslaved, so to speak...

Anyone tried electro-shocks??

What is a wall of shame? IME that term refers to a wall of pictures of people who are not welcome at bars/other establishments due to bad behaviour.

Abstinence is a terrible recommendation after an overdose, that would make tolerance drop considerably and make it much more difficult not to OD when they try again.

Electro-shocks for what? An overdose? I don't see the connection

The treatment for acute cannabis overdose should be food & rest, pure cbd if you've got it. That's about it unless you happen to have some rimonabant or something on hand lol
Post-fact, just take a lower dose next time.

I have a hard time believing your friend's blood concentration of THC was at toxic levels, that would require something like 200 grams of pure thc ingested for a 70kg human, i.e. smoking something like 300 grams of shatter all at once would get you to that point, and that's just extrapolated from rodents because they have never been able to kill any larger animals with thc in the lab.

So while cannabis toxicity is a real thing, it would be prohibitively expensive to attain, and physically extremely difficult to consume

Its apparent that your doctors have no medical training or experience pertaining to the canabinoid system. Anyone can tell you that one of the primary medical uses of cannabis is for its anti-convulsive properties, so no it wouldnt cause a seizure. A cannabis overdose is called greening out, and despite the term overdose it is actually not dangerous at all (but it isnt pleasant either). The most common symptoms of greening out usually are dizziness, blurred vision, and vomiting. Cannabis presents no physical danger unless you consume roughly 1500 pounds and 15 minutes, which is fairly ridiculous. This makes it far safer than acetaminophen ibuprofen and other over-the-counter medications. Since this individual is experiencing seizures I would actually HIGHLY recommend using CBD for treatment, as it is HIGHLY effective and MUCH more safe than any anti-convulsant medications that I have ever heard of.

Last edited: