• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

March Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread

Yeah, I'm being drug tested bi-weekly now, and if I fuck up I'm homeless. If I end up homeless things aren't going to turn out well.

Damn that's rough. You got a strategy for staying clean or you just winging it?

Same as I had last time I guess. I was clean for over 6 months before this last relapse.

I'm planning on beating my all-time record of 60ish days and keep going. So many goals I need to accomplish.

I feel ya man, I'm striving for that whole, "life not in shambles"thing. That would be a new experience.

^ For sure!

I'm planning on beating my all-time record of 60ish days and keep going. So many goals I need to accomplish.

You can do this! And it will feel great. If it helps, don’t focus so much on the days - just keep going as you said.

Good luck RPD89! :) <3

^ For sure!

You can do this! And it will feel great. If it helps, don’t focus so much on the days - just keep going as you said.

Good luck RPD89! :) <3

Thanks Erikmen!! I always count days, but I really like when I forget for a few days and have to think back and add it in my head. It's almost like sober is atually normal for me at those times, lol.

I feel ya man, I'm striving for that whole, "life not in shambles"thing. That would be a new experience.

Yeah, me too. I mean, I'm not that bad off currently but I could be way better off and plan on getting there. It's hard not to dwell on where I could be by now. But then I just think about how much worse it could easily be as well.

So Im some where over 2 months since my last alcohol binge.
Many areas are improving but life still seems so ... lackluster.
I thought things would be different by now

So Im some where over 2 months since my last alcohol binge.
Many areas are improving but life still seems so ... lackluster.
I thought things would be different by now

Persevere. In the depths of PAWs I was totally convinced that's "just how life was" now, and it all seemed so grey and pointless. In reality it can take up to a year for your brain to right itself (even 2 in cases of severe, long-lasting substance abuse), so just know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.