• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

March Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread

Nice to hear you've got a plan in place somni, and to hear about progress.

Nice to hear you've got a plan in place somni, and to hear about progress.

Thanks.... Feeling pretty good honestly. Thinking of all the new sober things I can do with the money saved fills me with excitement. How are you doing?

I'm still breathing, for better or worse, that's really all I can say at this point, have alot of things that haunt me that I'm trying to deal with.

I have to come to terms with them myself first, to accept that they happened and I can't change that.

I do appreciate the support, sober living and TDS are the reasons I joined. I have so much love for all of you.

gotcha. I'm in an incredible amount of acute pain right now. I went to get up and some how one of my knuckles SLAMMED into solid matter. It's bizarre like I was PUNCHING something, even though it was like normal speed movement. It's like impossibly painful for the pitiful amount of force I exerted. 8(

hoping the pain will go away and is not indicative of a fracture :|

I know that feeling, I blew out a tendon in my hand a few years ago, hurts like hell if I so much as bump it on something.

Ive been struggling with the patience,love and tolerance piece here lately, been trying to deal with room mate problems.

Trying to not be the old me and think of ways of getting back(ill show you). Been complaining about the guy and its getting to the point of its about to be me and the guy im having problems with getting kicked out.

On the bighter note today i dont have to get high or drunk over it unless i choose to.

Have you ever had your tendons looked at? I blew mine out, but had pretty chronic tendonitis before that, it's hereditary.

Ive been struggling with the patience,love and tolerance piece here lately, been trying to deal with room mate problems.

Trying to not be the old me and think of ways of getting back(ill show you). Been complaining about the guy and its getting to the point of its about to be me and the guy im having problems with getting kicked out.

On the bighter note today i dont have to get high or drunk over it unless i choose to.
Sorry to hear that D's. I find it very difficult to live with anyone. I used to joke after my divorce I would live with someone but I never wanted to be married again, but honestly, I don't even want to live with anyone. Friends tried to get me to commit to sober living which wasn't a bad idea, but given how difficult I am to live with, never mind the fact that I have problems with authority, I wouldn't do it. They then tried to get me to find a sober roommate. I rationalized not doing so by saying that I don't want to jeopardize my own sobriety by bringing someone else into the picture who might bring me down in a relapse, but the truth is I just don't want anyone else in my house. But yeah, it is liberating to know that drinking or using is not something I have to do. I had a moment this morning when I spotted an empty heroin bag on the sidewalk while walking the dog before work but then I remembered the days of being at work and trying not to nod and the idea quickly evaporated.

bptubbs said:
Have you ever had your tendons looked at? I blew mine out, but had pretty chronic tendonitis before that, it's hereditary.

I had tendonitis bad about 18 years ago. I was complaining to a work colleague that the doctor kept pushing surgery and she suggested acupuncture. It took a bunch of sessions (at least 15, can't remember exactly it was so long ago) but it worked. I wouldn't have surgery now unless it was something life threatening. I've known too many people that have died from those superbug infections.

It is so easy to practice patience, love, and tolerance with someone I don't know. The better I get to know them the harder it becomes and the more I have to "practice". Anonymity is one of the more challenging principles to practice and in turn, the most rewarding. One way I can practice it in the moment is that I attempt to picture the person in front of me as a 3 year old running through the sprinklers. Sometimes I will actually see the innocent little child in them, sometimes I will just have to imagine really hard. If it works once in my entire life, it is an improvement. In this moment I am okay, learning to bring my feeling to the present moment is part of the journey. True spiritual principles are never in conflict. They compliment each other. When I experience conflict I inventory what principles I am not practicing to contribute to this conflict. It is possible to be calm in the midst of a maelstrom. If it happens once it is better than what I had...

31 days today. fuck yeah. How's everybody doing?? Hope everyone is well.

Congrats tubbs! I wouldn't worry about the how long. Just focus on the day.

I'm just worried about the fact that I didn't want to get clean, this is being forced, I'd still be using if it wasn't for this.