• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

March Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread

today is my 30th birthday, I really had no idea I would have made it this long. Kept thinking I was going to die early like Jannis Jopplin, and Kurt Cobain did, and yet here I am writing this.

So like any normal person, I am working on my birthday, and tomorrow I am going to celebrate by calling the bank to talk with them about something that looks funny that is on my account.lol

today is my 30th birthday, I really had no idea I would have made it this long. Kept thinking I was going to die early like Jannis Jopplin, and Kurt Cobain did, and yet here I am writing this.

So like any normal person, I am working on my birthday, and tomorrow I am going to celebrate by calling the bank to talk with them about something that looks funny that is on my account.lol

Happy Bday buddy

Happy Birthday D.

I remember the first time I actually went to work on my birthday instead of calling in to celebrate instead... My how we age haha

Just wanna say how proud of everyone on here staying clean and supporting one another! I don't know what I'd do without this forum!

Day 22 in recovery, one minor relapse last week, but haven't fallen back into the cycle. 7 days since my one use relapse, and still holding strong!

Just wanna say how proud of everyone on here staying clean and supporting one another! I don't know what I'd do without this forum!

Day 22 in recovery, one minor relapse last week, but haven't fallen back into the cycle. 7 days since my one use relapse, and still holding strong!

Love ya, Ladyhlove. Stay strong. Day 4 no sub for me. One month since last oxy

Congratulations!! Got 21 days clean/sober myself. Definitely getting cravings, but not giving in!!

Congrats! This part as we well know is quite challenging but knowing that is already a great improvement.
Take care, and remember that if one day at a time is getting too hard sometimes, do it a couple of hours at a time. :) <3

Thanks! Yeah, I have to do that sometimes. That and just remembering to think of the bigger picture and the goals I'm working toward. And how much better I am mentally and physically clean and sober. I just hate being such a negative doom and gloom person. I'm so quick to be like "everything's fucked". I'm trying to change that, and honestly I probably need to be on some kinda medication.

What's up everyone.. 10yrs, aihfl, captain, Eric, simco rdhp ladyhlove and anybody else I missed. Rooting for you guys. I had a horrible blow out on my birthday but I am currently dtoxing a small habit with Zubsolv. I also have naltrexone to take after the zubs. I know I have to wait like 5 days after my sub dose but I am resolute. I always have the problem of coming home to my roommate using and fail by proxy. The naltrexone will give me a safety net untill I can find a better situation. Love u guys and I'm cheering for you 10yrs... Hoping the subs work for you sweetheart.

Still going with this relapse, I'm not using alot, but it's the fact that I'm using them all that bugs me.

Still going with this relapse, I'm not using alot, but it's the fact that I'm using them all that bugs me.

Sorry to hear Tubbs. It's difficult to stop once you scratch that itch.. The pleasure pathways are reignited. The sleeping dragon awakens and the addict voice cries to be fed. Keeping you in my prayers hombre. You've done it before and you can stay clean again. Stay proactive and find pleasure in life. I'm going to step outside of my comfort zone and join this meditation group. Getting my tax return and signing up for the gym and yoga.. CHOOSE LIFE!!

I've relapsed before, I know it happens, but never like this, I had been clean off a single addiction for almost 7 months, and then bam now I'm using coke, dope, and meth again.

And it's not even because it feels good, it's more my brain saying why the fuck not.

I've relapsed before, I know it happens, but never like this, I had been clean off a single addiction for almost 7 months, and then bam now I'm using coke, dope, and meth again.

And it's not even because it feels good, it's more my brain saying why the fuck not.

It's a strange thing indeed.. it'n it. I was clean for a lil' over a yr. Fell back in... Then got another 9mths till there was a girl. That one ended in a suicidal relapse in Medellin, Columbia.. now I'm back it it again. Going to use all the tools.. 12 steps and all. I'm 37... Too old for this shit. I'll use all the help I can. I'm good at separating the good from the B.S... everything is a tool. We stop when we truly want to stop.. Much love from Somni brother.. we're in battle together... Brothers in arms... Suit up and join me brother.

Long ahead of you brother, I've been fighting for years, despite being much younger than most here.

Today is all that matters and tomorrow never knows Tubbsy me boy... Spent 12yrs on the methadone, benzo merry-go-round... Been doing dope since the late 90's. I've seen a thing or 2 and I'm here if you ever need to talk. Going to be around sober living more often.. prayers from the inner recesses of Somniland.

Feel ya there man, I need to remember to do that more often. Ya know give myself a bit of a pep talk.