• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

March Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread

Yeah it's 42 here and a little windy, so still a bit chilly. I can't wait til next weekend, saturday's supposed to be a high of 59. I've been getting back into skateboarding, but not feeling up to going to the indoor park I like yet, so I need the warm weather.

Congrats on your 8 days btw man, hope you stick to it. This trip was chaperoned by someone who wouldn't let me run off, don't trust myself that close to home alone, probably never will again.

The fact I was in the mood to take pics says alot though, I haven't had the will to in so long.

Thanks bptubbs, I appreciate it. And I definitely plan on sticking to it this time. If not I'll lose everything. Lol, got my hospital bill from when I went to the E.R. for alcohol withdrawal a couple weeks ago. Had to get benzos to get off that shite. 6819$. No insurance. I also owe the bank 300 dollars, and owe over 4000 dollars in loans that I can't afford to pay. And just a few months ago I was completely fine financially. Relapsing fucked my shit up. At least I have a good job again, just sucks that it's second shift. I'm just grateful to be sober, not even worried about that shit, my credit was already jacked.

I feel ya man, you can just call me tubbs btw. The no insurance thing is rough, I broke some ribs a few years ago, and I'm sure me not asking for pain meds saved my ass on bills. When I got clean my finances were fucked too. Took me a while to realize just how much money I used to spend on drugs, literally thousands a month.

The thing I'm most sad/pissed about is I sold my guitar. Now I have nothing to play. Got 200 bucks for a 500 dollar guitar. arrghhhhh

I know that feeling too man, sold almost everything I had for meth in the beginning, before I started dealing again. Had guns, loads of car parts, quite a bit of silver(like random bits), and other random bits and baubles. Now I have my vehicle and am staying with family.

I know that feeling too man, sold almost everything I had for meth in the beginning, before I started dealing again. Had guns, loads of car parts, quite a bit of silver(like random bits), and other random bits and baubles. Now I have my vehicle and am staying with family.

yeah, I would've got evicted if I didn't take out loans, as I didn't work for like 2 and a half months.

Went for a hike today for the first time in months. Was nice to be out in nature again.

w05pic.jpg

beautiful

reminds me of when I used to take hikes in my back yard in Virginia

before I left that shit lol

Thanks bptubbs, I appreciate it. And I definitely plan on sticking to it this time. If not I'll lose everything. Lol, got my hospital bill from when I went to the E.R. for alcohol withdrawal a couple weeks ago. Had to get benzos to get off that shite. 6819$. No insurance. I also owe the bank 300 dollars, and owe over 4000 dollars in loans that I can't afford to pay. And just a few months ago I was completely fine financially. Relapsing fucked my shit up. At least I have a good job again, just sucks that it's second shift. I'm just grateful to be sober, not even worried about that shit, my credit was already jacked.

Why don't you have insurance? ACA is still active.

Why don't you have insurance? ACA is still active.

Oh, I'm aware. Unfortunately the "affordable care" is unaffordable.(if I made less I think it would be better) What sucks now is I would've had good insurance through the job I had after 3 months, but now the job I have i through a temp service, so I won't even get hired on for 3 months, so then wait another 3 months for insurance so 6 fucking months total.

Smoked a couple cigarettes today, haven't smoked at all in 6 months, not regularly in 3 years. Probably just gonna give the rest away, don't need to start that again.

I don't know if anyone remembers me but I am going to try and be around more. I have a long history of drug abuse mostly opiates. I ran off to Daytona to start a new job at a resort and sober up. Love the job and my life but have been using with my roommate and the crack and heroin is getting out of hand. I have been using heroin 3 times a week or so. I had 3 days sober and cigarrette free. Unfortunately I used a bag today. Day 1 again... Still no cigarrette s. Going to incorporate running into recovery to enhance neuroregenesis. I also attend 12 step meetings for support. Love u guys ..-Somni

Yay Somni's back! =D Tried to PM you but you have too many messages in your inbox. Do you still have my phone number? I am off from work most of next week and would love to catch up. I've been doing a lot better since the start of the year.

Yay Somni's back! =D Tried to PM you but you have too many messages in your inbox. Do you still have my phone number? I am off from work most of next week and would love to catch up. I've been doing a lot better since the start of the year.

Yaaa.... Haven't been logging on but I have been following all you guys. I don't have access to a computer and I'm still getting used to the phone format. Missed all you guys. I don't have your phone # anymore.. I need to get caught up with everybody. Anyone talked to 10yrs after?

I don't know if anyone remembers me but I am going to try and be around more. I have a long history of drug abuse mostly opiates. I ran off to Daytona to start a new job at a resort and sober up. Love the job and my life but have been using with my roommate and the crack and heroin is getting out of hand. I have been using heroin 3 times a week or so. I had 3 days sober and cigarrette free. Unfortunately I used a bag today. Day 1 again... Still no cigarrette s. Going to incorporate running into recovery to enhance neuroregenesis. I also attend 12 step meetings for support. Love u guys ..-Somni

Good luck man. Stay strong.