• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Kratom users: What is your plan in case of a ban?

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
We all know the latest with a potential looming kratom ban here in the US, with the DEA telling outlandish stories about 44 deaths (all with other drugs in their system, and even if not, OH NO NOT 44!!) and it being just another opioid, so on and so forth. It seems like an inevitability at this point, knowing the way things work here and with all the ominous signs in the last few months. So I'm curious, if the scumfuck DEA gets their wish and kratom is ultimately placed in schedule I, what are your plans to either get off, or replace kratom?

Personally, I am not ready to stare down that void that would be left in the absence of daily kratom. I've been using it for almost three years now, and have been fully dependent on it for about a year and a half, and it has been the only thing that has made a noticeable difference in my depression. I have had minor success with two antidepressants (Wellbutrin and mirtazapine) only to see the benefits disappear after a couple months. I have been a non-responder to everything else, and don't have any intention of trying anything new at this point (17 years of antidepressant failure and side-effect misery is enough for me).

As it stands now, I will be keeping at least a few weeks worth on hand at all times, and if it looks like the ban is imminent I plan to order several kilos for a few months supply, after which I will probably switch to tianeptine (SULFATE) to fill the void left by kratom, in the interest of not going back to old behaviors and habits (needless to say for many, going back to traditional opioids, including heroin, is a likely outcome). Tianeptine SODIUM is of course more abuseable than kratom and will only make an unfortunate situation worse, but I feel confident that the sulfate version can be properly maintained on in much the same way as kratom.

I'm just not prepared to go without that consistent opioid, which fills a void and keeps me motivated enough to lead a productive life, but does not present life-altering addiction problems for those of us who have lived through that and have absolutely no desire to replay that part of our lives.

So how are you other daily users preparing for this scenario?

I try to keep a kilo or two on hand at all times. Should be more than sufficient to taper with in the event of a ban. I also keep enough money in savings to place a sudden order in the event of a ban announcement, I believe even in the event of an emergency scheduling we will have 30 days notice.

I also keep a stash of phenibut on hand just in case I'm ever forced to suddenly deal with cold turkey withdrawals.

I also keep a stash of phenibut on hand just in case I'm ever forced to suddenly deal with cold turkey withdrawals.

That's a good idea. Unfortunately, phenibut has taken me for a ride that I'm never trying to buy a ticket for again. And even if I thought I could, my significant other would probably take my kid and leave me. Not because of the phenibut itself, but because of the consequences that came with my phenibut adventures. She is not prepared to go through again what I put her through before, and it is completely understandable. For whatever reason, phenibut made me suicidal both times I tried to employ it as an aid in my anxiety fight. The first time it took many months and full-blown dependence to culminate in that, but the second time it took only a couple days, and I made an attempt on my own life that by every notion and standard I probably should not have survived -- especially without permanent damage of any kind. Yet here I am, and now I know better.

If I had the discipline and self-control to keep some benzos on hand for a kratom withdrawal emergency, I would do that. But I'm not even going to try and kid myself.

I don't use nearly as much as I used to, but if I did then I would probably order enough bulk to taper when they declare the ban. I also have some bupe and a few benzos laying around for stuff like this

Currently i?m not using kratom anymore, got off in january. Back when the DEA first revealed their intentions to ban kratom i started buying a kilo at a time instead of the usual 250-400grams.

Kratom got me off the ferris wheel of biweekly opiate binges that left me in some state of withdrawal nearly 50 percent of the time. All i can do is hope that this plant is around in the future in case i ever slide into my old habits or others want a way out of their addictions.

Already been banned in the UK since 2016 as the Psychoactive Substances Act also covers natural substances. I've just been doing codeine and DHC instead. Codeine is obviously "meh" but I rank DHC very highly it has to be said. I consider it along similar lines to kratom where it's not very potent but it feels stronger than it is.

Just order a fuck-load. Its cheap enough. You could buy 10 kilos for the price of rent. I have so much I don't know what to do with it. I ordered 2 kilos just because it was 4x cheaper per oz that way.

Also, why does it being illegal mean you have to stop using it?? Its not like drugs dogs are going to be trained to smell it. Just say its green tea. Its only slightly more expensive on the dark net.

^ well it?s not the kind of drug that?s going to be available if there are bans. Cartels and dealers aren?t gonna profit from selling powdered kratom

^ Source discussion isn't allowed here, but I am telling you I have seen it for sale with my own two eyes, in places that are not going to be affected by the ban.

Last edited:
I never used Kratom until recently. bought a sampler pack for w-d's and still cannot decide which works the best Can anyone reccomend what is best to use for methadone withdrawals. I am one of the lost souls that got hit with the opioid scare. Took me straight off methadone for chronic pain which worked great for me and stuck me on oxycodone. 60 mg per day. I need that doubled if not 3 times over buut she won't do it. Freaked about what Trump said.>"Opioids should be for end of life only." end of quote. I did everything right for 11 years with these people and then she sits there and tells me"It's not us it's the government."
Debra Houry never said we should be cut off. There are no new laws. Except in New Jersey that I have found and I have been reading everything I can find on this... What do I have to look forward to when I try to cut the Kratom. Is it tough?

I started using kratom while I was tapering off Suboxone. Got almost to the end and then never-ending withdrawals hit. And stayed. I went over a month without it and things hadn't improved, so I got my doctor to prescribe again, but he won't go over a very low dose because it affects other health issues I have, like a failing liver. It's not quite enough, and doing anything illegal is no longer an option for me, as I'm just too old to go back to prison. So I heard about kratom and checked it out, and found that it made the low dose of Sub stretch far enough that I could be OK most of the time. I don't use very much--I take the capsules and only about 6-10 daily, on days that I don't take Sub, and maybe 2 at night on days I do. My Sub dose is every other day, which was cool at a higher dose but not this low. Without the two caps at night I can't sleep.

I'm thinking that, besides ordering a shit-load and keeping a lot on hand while anticipating the ban, that once it comes I'll probably find a way to get back up to a higher dose of Suboxone. I take one mg a week, broken down into every other day, which isn't much. I could probably get either my current doctor--who's actually retired and still seeing me as a private-pay patient--to take me back up to one mg daily or so, so I wouldn't have to go through withdrawals from the kratom or get a new one. We finally have other providers here in Nowhere.

I've given up interest in becoming opiate-free, as I'm in my mid-60's with health problems that make me terminal-ish. No firm expiration date--I've already outlived one--but I could go anytime from tonight to 5 years from now. Anything more than that isn't anticipated, and I'm OK with that. Consequences of my own actions--lung disease from smoking and liver disease from hepC and drinking--neither of which I do any more, but the damage has been done. Since that's the case, I see no point in reducing my limited quality of life by going through interminable withdrawals. If we had a methadone program here, I'd probably be on that, but I don't want to move, so these are my best options. I'm pretty sure that doubling my Sub dose would enable me to stop the kratom.

I've been surprised that I'm able to go back and forth between the two pretty easily. Kratom seems more like bupe than it does a full-agonist opiate--actually, it reminds me a bit of Tramadol, but without the seizure danger--I hope! I'm sure it's not great for my liver, so if I can get my Sub increased, I might go ahead and quit now. It's not especially euphoric or anything, same as Sub. I've given up on getting "high" any more; just don't want to live in ongoing withdrawals.

It can still be imported easily enough. Only issue would be risking customs on your end.

I don't think hundreds of grams through customs is smart, Indonesia etc will be flagged. a few grams of powder from countries that aren't hot is somewhat low risk, not this though.

I crazy enough had tried kratom before I got into Heroin, but not before opioid pills, couldn't get over the horrible taste. So I didn't touch it for a awhile.
Then I brought it up to my bf when we couldn't score but knew there was 3 head shops selling it a few blocks away. Worked great for him.
I'm like you and don't want to face what the DEA may do, but I'm pretty confident in the fact that head shops & glass shop near by that already (usually) sell kratom, would be open to continue doing so if you asked the owner/manager to keep ordering it, and if that law was implemented I'm sure they'd be happy to sell you their remaining product, and If they aren't open to purchasing it after it's illegal, ask for their supplier, 99% of the time it's online.
Seems to currently be the best option for quality, quantity and price, but if it becomes a schedule I you would have to do some research into who would mail it properly. That's my solution but I'm currently only an occasional user when the bf has some laying around. When head shop opens this morn I'm off to switch from Heroin to Kratom because in the past I was able to quit cold turkey multiple times w just my usual chronic bud now takes more.
Kratom helped my highly addicted bf drink less alcohol and quit H.
Since kratom has helped at least a 100 users off Heroin the DEA, FDA and our govt should take great notice of that and take into consideration using it for medical use in this huge "opioid crisis" that they keep letting the pharmaceutical industry rake in the cash on.

-
?✌️