• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone Maintenance High

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy Bizzle

Greenlighter
Hello.. ive heard people say you can get high everyday while on methadone Maintenance.. is this true or possible in any way? Because im on subutex and i feel good but do not get high. Though the first 2-3 times i started subutex i did get high.. rlly high actually.. is methadone like that except everyday? Just curious.. thanks

You will build a tolerance to it and feel less, but compared to buprenorphine you still feel slightly intoxicated. Although euphoria goes away quickly with methadone, it still keeps you warm/protected, etc.

Dont switch dude. Suboxone withdrawal is a walk in the park compared to methadone. Not worth a little buzz. That would probably only last a week or two.

combined with weed methadone is great. prob the same for sub, in fact I've heard sub really potentiates weed!

Nah, that’s the point of MMT; methadone has no ceiling effect(well until you begin to prolong the qt interval, though that takes massive doses)

Methadone will feel more like a Full agonist, more Larkin to a traditional opioid, compared to buprenorphine, which can be kind of weird, and it is a partial agonist, which some kind of a ceiling effect

And they raise usually gradually in MMT, and in many cases, your stabilized, more or less, well before being put on a giant daily dose, that produces severe wd symptoms if stopped, too quickly. However, you are not “high”, your body builds a tolerance eventually

Methadone does provide a consistent opioid feel, however doubt it’s worth switching, unless bupe wasn’t enough and your still doing street drugs

^Being on Buprenorphine is IMO a very clear or sober feeling after taking it for a month. You will not suffer any withdrawal, but you are not protected in a warm blanket and have to think about your problems again.
For some this is very good and helps them pull themselves together or be able to work again. Others react differently and can't live without feeling the effect of a full-agonist, which only methadone is, as described earlier.

I take methadone and certainly don't feel a high, although I take these crazy euphoric naps whenever I close my eyes for a few minutes.

^ Well it is a powerful full agonist- and highly potent and long lasting- 90mg is like, surprisingly close to a half gram morphine. It provides that extra boost buprenorphine doesn’t, though the WD is long AND intense - so pick wisely (or try))

Im on my cell for a few so forghve me for being laconic. No ethics no morals. If you enter maintenance seeking a high everyday perpetually, turn around.

Closed. If you have questions about maintenance, your question ia documented and commonplace. Yoy are not there to get up but to keep from being down, period.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.