• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Amphetamine 125mg - Zolpidem 16mg - Veteran - Beware of IV Zolpidem!

crOOk

Bluelighter
Hello again beloved fellow bluelighters!

I have done a few dozen Zolpidem pills in my life which isn't all that much. I fortunately don't enjoy GABAergic drugs other than alcoholic beverages and had only ever taken Zolpidem for it's psychedelic effects or as a sleeping aid. My wife has recently been prescribed 10mg Zolpidem pills which naturally resulted in me doing a quick search about the potential benefits of administering it intravenously. The research usually boils down to the question "Is there a rush?".

The word "rush" has been used very inflationarily by some of us in the past few years, at least the way I see it. By my own and many others' definition it stands for the very seconds after intravenous injection of a psychoactive substance during which which one must feel qualitatively different and more intense sensations than after using other routes of administration.

It turns out a lot of people claim they experience a very unusual wonky rush upon mainlining Zolpidem while others simply feel a quicker onset of the usual effects.

I instantly convinced my wife that this was something I needed to do, so the next day I went to the pharmacy to buy a '2ml' syringe (which can carry up to 3ml) and a 27G needle. I removed the coating by holding two pills under a stream of cold water for a few seconds and rubbing them between my thumbs until their surface ceased to feel smooth, crushed them to a fine powder, added 5ml of cold water and stirred for a few seconds before sucking 2.5ml of water through a cotton pre-filter attached to a 220nm filter which yielded a clear solution.

After the injection I felt a slight tingle, possibly just caused by my excitement and the cool water. I suffered slight amnesia, loss of coordination and could not remember exactly when I fell asleep while I watched movies together with my wife on the couch. After 5 hours I awoke fully refreshed. I still planned to have another go in the future. This is not only because I could have have stirred the dispension more thoroughly and let it sit for a while, but also because I suffer the fate of having a hard time getting rushes and there was a good chance I had just not taken enough.

I never have any tolerance to the substances I use, since the frequency at which I use drugs other than cannabis and alcohol has gradually decreased to once in 1-3 months since I first met my wonderful wife.

Fast forward four days and we decide to do amphetamine. I made sure to buy both a 10ml and a 2ml syringes along with needles for myself. We were lucky to come into possession of 500mg phosphate salt of which I injected 125mg for a kickstart after coming home from work. Amphetamine does not ever result in a rush for me unless it is cut with a drug that does. Its effects are also more subtle during the first few so I had a gradual comeup.
The remaining 375mg were taken orally with my wife throughout the next 20 hours, after dissolving them in aqeous solution. My wife usually spends most of the duration playing playstation while I do some coding or self educating. This process is only interrupted by taking baths or showers and episodes of overwhelmingly intense sex. To us there is no drug that comes even close to enhancing all aspects of sex the way amphetamine does.

My opportunity to repeat the Zolpidem experiment with a higher dose and more careful preparation came towards the tail end of our speed session after approximately 36 hours. This time I crushed the pills more thoroughly, added 5ml of water and let the dispension sit while I took a final shower before bedtime.

I was able to draw up slightly more than 4ml of solution through the filters. Dissolving salts in water can either increase or decrease the volume of the resulting solution. Zolpidem is a vile-tasting chemical and the lack of bitterness of the remainder leads me to believe that more than 16mg must have found it's way into my bloodstream, contrary to what I stated in the title of this report for the sake of harm reduction.

I felt a bit uneasy pre-injection due to my knowledge of the many dangers injecting GABAergics poses. It is also without a doubt the class of drugs I have the least experience with. The result proved I indeed had reason to worry.

Before I finished the shot I knew something big was coming my way. That did not keep me from going through with it. The plan was to put the lid on back onto the needle as soon as I could and bin my tools, then lie down onto the couch before joining my already sleeping wife in bed. However I was not only rushing very hard by the time the lid was back on, but I also became extremely nauseous and had to stumble towards the sink within seconds to relieve myself of all stomach content, consisting of whatever was left from 2L of liquid consumed during the four hours prior to this. I vomited hard. Over and over, both through my nose and mouth. It was bad. I'm not the type of person who has a low threshold for puking and hadn't read any mentions of such a reaction in the IV Zolpidem thread, so this came as a big surprise.

As soon as the rush came on I began to experience visual distortions. They were very different in quality from those that other classes of drugs cause. Other than DMT there aren't any substances that cause overwhelming visual effects these days, not including the hallucincations caused by deliriants. I remember little of the whole scene. It looked like I was staring through a window outside of which everything was warping and dancing. It looked absolutely insane. There weren't any convincing hallucinations however.

I eventually managed to part with the bathroom sink, but had to make a stop at the one in the kitchen for another wave before finally reaching the couch. The vomiting did nothing for my nausea. I still felt miserable, so I soon went to bed where sleep came easily.

There wasn't much to be enjoyed about the experience, but I am glad to have taken the plunge so I could cross this one off the list. As I have stated before, the visuals were unlike any others I have experienced.

I slept like shit and felt like shit the next morning, but at least had a healthy appetite. My nose, mouth and throat were irritated from the stomach acid, my muscles were stiff and my joints hurting, I was weak and kept feeling like I was going to faint. When my wife convinced me to go for a walk with our neighbours' dogs things improved for me. The day is now approaching it's end and I am optimistic that I will feel perfectly fine by tomorrow.

<3

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_amphetamine
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_stimulants
substancecode_zolpidem
substancecode_gabaergics
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_healthissues
exptype_bodyload