• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery A new me.

Guess who had their window smashed in last night so that the person could have my bag of gym clothes?

(it was me)

Ugh

Sorry about the smash'n'grab (and all the job crap), lady, but otherwise you sound very upbeat. Good for you, staying positive! We addicts are survivors, especially we recovering addicts. Keep up the great attitude and everything will work out.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters." -- Epictetus

Yeah, fortunately they didn't get much of actual value. My debit card was snatched too (I was in the gym, i usually bring that and stick it in my gym bag and bring my phone and bag in..but I left my bag bc I didn't need anything out of it like my bathing suit last night) but I canceled it and have a new one coming soon.

Found a junk window at a junkyard for $30 and have a friend who's gonna put it in for free this weekend. All in all, not horrible just a great example of the wonderful people of the world.

I started getting mad, then I realized the person who broke into my car was probably a fucking junkie too. I never broke into cars/homes during my addiction or did any stealing at all (minus stealing old pain pills in my parents med cabinets or somehting here and there)..but I understand not everyone had a great set of enablers like I did.

Yeah, fortunately they didn't get much of actual value. My debit card was snatched too (I was in the gym, i usually bring that and stick it in my gym bag and bring my phone and bag in..but I left my bag bc I didn't need anything out of it like my bathing suit last night) but I canceled it and have a new one coming soon.

Found a junk window at a junkyard for $30 and have a friend who's gonna put it in for free this weekend. All in all, not horrible just a great example of the wonderful people of the world.

I started getting mad, then I realized the person who broke into my car was probably a fucking junkie too. I never broke into cars/homes during my addiction or did any stealing at all (minus stealing old pain pills in my parents med cabinets or somehting here and there)..but I understand not everyone had a great set of enablers like I did.

jesus. with all this shit coming your way and you staying strong, you are definitely due some good luck. stay strong.

I'm here and still alive :D And still dope free, also!

Car window issue is almost solved...found one at a junk yard for $30 and picked it up. Now, I just gotta find someone to help me put it in. It's been freezing and rainy since I got the window, so putting it in hasn't really been an option. I have a couple of friends who can help me with it, just gotta get them to *actually do it* ya know?

I had a really good job interview with a construction staffing co who's looking for an office manager. Same pay but better benefits (and in a company that isn't going down the tube, like mine...) so I accepted it. I'm supposed to get the *official* "welcome aboard" call from HR today..I've been checking my phone every 2 seconds. Already 1:30 and still haven't heard anything. I hope I do soon...I'm dying to put in my 2 weeks here!! Esp. to that nasty HR bitch!! Haha bitch you no longer affect me!!

Anyways, despite the bullshit, trying to stay positive. I'll feel a lot better if I get that phone call soon...

Sounds like a good fit for you, and less stress, and no negativity from nasty HR bitch ; ). It's funny sometimes, we don't realize how much stress we're under until we remove ourselves from it, and then we feel like we can breathe easy again. I hope this is the case for you. Sounds like you will be happy there, and that's important.

So proud of you honey, you're doing such an amazing job not only with your quit but just in general.

Much love and continued support to you.

Here for you always,
Your friend,
Ash.

Now ring you damn phone, ring!! ; )

I'm here and still alive :D And still dope free, also!

Car window issue is almost solved...found one at a junk yard for $30 and picked it up. Now, I just gotta find someone to help me put it in. It's been freezing and rainy since I got the window, so putting it in hasn't really been an option. I have a couple of friends who can help me with it, just gotta get them to *actually do it* ya know?

I had a really good job interview with a construction staffing co who's looking for an office manager. Same pay but better benefits (and in a company that isn't going down the tube, like mine...) so I accepted it. I'm supposed to get the *official* "welcome aboard" call from HR today..I've been checking my phone every 2 seconds. Already 1:30 and still haven't heard anything. I hope I do soon...I'm dying to put in my 2 weeks here!! Esp. to that nasty HR bitch!! Haha bitch you no longer affect me!!

Anyways, despite the bullshit, trying to stay positive. I'll feel a lot better if I get that phone call soon...

I haven't anticipated a phone call like this since my using days....when I was in super bad wd and my dealer's not answering...sitting there waiting for that call back..lol That's how it felt yesterday...

..and still today because THEY HAVEN'T CALLED ME YET. :( I did eventually call the lady I interviewed with at the end of the day who told me HR was slammed and if i didn't hear from her today (yesterday), I would def hear from her "at some point this week". Ugh wtf i need to put in notice ASAP. They told me I got the job, but I'm not quitting mine till I have official word from HR

Fingers crossed I hear something fucking soon! ARGH JSRFHSDJSEDTHDGJHFJGHXJTYERUTH!!!!!

Well the job still hasn't called. I called HR yesterday and left a message asking what the status of the process was, but nothing back yet. Sigh.

I can't say I've been to a job interview where the woman literally hired me on the spot, then I didn't hear anything..but we're on Thursday now (when I was told I'd hear first thing Monday) so I'm worried. My current job status seems ok, for now, but I'm worried about the long-term.

My car is STILL acting up...overheating. All the problems I've had with it are NOT being resolved and I keep taking it to the mechanic who tells me there's nothing wrong with it. Idk how something can overheat daily but be "fine". My mom, who's retired and in south FL, and my stepdad, who used to be a mechanic, decided to drive up. They're gonna try and help fix my car and/or assist me in getting a newer, more reliable one. I feel bad to have to be rescued by "mommy" but thankful for the help and happy to see my mother (who I haven't seen since April) who I'm very close with. They'll be here tonight.

It's also been raining nonstop here in Atlanta for over a week. It's been in the 40's and pouring rain for like 10 days, all the while i have a broken window and a car that I constantly have to pull off the road and put fluid in/let cool off (in this weather, mind you, ugh). I've got a new window, I just need it fixed and everyone I know who can help can't do it while it's pouring like that (and no one i know has a garage).

The sun just came out..mom will be here soon. Things will be better...I hope. Everything has been just so damn stressful lately and I need relief...but I'm still not using dope and I'm still vaping (not smoking!) and still exercising. I'm doing well, all things considered. Ready for this shit storm to pass, though,

Nice attitude lady! That sucks! Junkies and junkyards. Junk. Hey I guess junk can find good use once it comes around into the right hands. I mean I was an avid thief in addiction but I cannot recall the last time I stole personal property. I only victimized companies.

Well the job still hasn't called. I called HR yesterday and left a message asking what the status of the process was, but nothing back yet. Sigh.

I can't say I've been to a job interview where the woman literally hired me on the spot, then I didn't hear anything..but we're on Thursday now (when I was told I'd hear first thing Monday) so I'm worried. My current job status seems ok, for now, but I'm worried about the long-term.

My car is STILL acting up...overheating. All the problems I've had with it are NOT being resolved and I keep taking it to the mechanic who tells me there's nothing wrong with it. Idk how something can overheat daily but be "fine". My mom, who's retired and in south FL, and my stepdad, who used to be a mechanic, decided to drive up. They're gonna try and help fix my car and/or assist me in getting a newer, more reliable one. I feel bad to have to be rescued by "mommy" but thankful for the help and happy to see my mother (who I haven't seen since April) who I'm very close with. They'll be here tonight.

It's also been raining nonstop here in Atlanta for over a week. It's been in the 40's and pouring rain for like 10 days, all the while i have a broken window and a car that I constantly have to pull off the road and put fluid in/let cool off (in this weather, mind you, ugh). I've got a new window, I just need it fixed and everyone I know who can help can't do it while it's pouring like that (and no one i know has a garage).

The sun just came out..mom will be here soon. Things will be better...I hope. Everything has been just so damn stressful lately and I need relief...but I'm still not using dope and I'm still vaping (not smoking!) and still exercising. I'm doing well, all things considered. Ready for this shit storm to pass, though,
Lol I was reading your post from the 8th when I posted that above. Then this shows to me after it posts. Lol ok so that was old news.

Anyways I wish you the best with the job! I am in a job right now that has potential to become more than temporary but I guess I have to prove myself but it might actually depend more on their bias towards me as it does in most places?

I totally bombed a couple interviews right around the same time I was hired on the spot here.

All I can say is take nothing personally because what people do is a reflection of what is inside them.

Sorry I've been absent, Lady. I've been slammed at work and I've now been pressed into service as a manual recount observer/reporter because we STILL don't know the outcome of some key elections last week. We the voters did give back felons who have completed their sentences automatic restoration of voting rights (about 1.5 million people) so I hope this is our last election as a "swing" state. We also abolished gerrymandering in 2010. The politicians did it anyway in 2012, and the map got tossed out in court and had to be redrawn in time for the 2016 election. Politicians of both parties can't be depended on for a single fucking good thing here, whether it's the Liberal Democrat who keeps continuing the push to ban kratom (failed 3 times) or the Republicans who think it should be illegal for doctors to ask about guns in your house (that lunacy DID pass), at least it's a place when the chips are down, we are able to push back against the nitwits who are supposed to be serving us. And for the feel-good election story of the month, again, we the voters, abolished greyhound racing.

It's finally cool here. It rained on and off yesterday and it felt downright arctic (ok, it was only 62, but it was windy) when Sonny and I took our morning walk. Tonight will be down in the 40s (WILL BE SLEEPING WITH THE WINDOWS OPEN!!!) and tomorrow will only be 65 or so.

Well I'm hesitantly dipping a toe back into the online dating waters. I joke that I mainly did it because reading the news while standing in lines was making me feel like I might shit my pants, but some of these profiles make feel like shitting my pants, too. WTF is it with bathroom selfies? Like I want to see where the potential future mrs ex drops a load. I now remember why I was content being single, but it would be nice to get laid once in a while, too, so we'll see how long it lasts this time.

You're killing it with the non smoking Lady. I need to stop. I can hear myself wheezing at night. Maybe that's another good reason to put myself back out in the dating pool again, since it's a deal breaker for so many anymore. I light one, and I don't even really want it a few puffs in, but I finish it anyway. And a lot of times I'm not even craving one, but will smoke anyway just out of boredom.

Last edited:
Glad to see you back around, A! That election down there has been nuts...my mom lives in FL and is visiting me right now, so I've heard lots about it. We've had our own issues, as I'm sure you've heard, up here in GA as well.

Well, the job i got "hired" for emailed me to say I wasn't hired today. Not a huge shock since they didn't follow up immediately, like the lady claimed they would. Kinda shitty since she was telling me to go ahead and put in notice at my current job...good thing i didn't! I had another interview today. It went well. It came with a 12 question SAT style question test that i'm positive I got every single answer right on, so hopefully that worked in my favor.

Works been slack af. Everyone left to go to another office that we own except for my boss (who's cool af) and me. And he's gone almost all day anyways...so..yeah...kinda sweet. We have wed-the weekend off....tomorrow is payday and we're all hoping to god they pay us. I know the company is very close to broke.

My mom has been in town...which..sigh, is nice bc we're close and I love her, but she stresses me out..especially when my step dad is with her bc they fight non-stop. Long story short, he decided to help do some things with my car but should've just left it alone bc now its in worse shape than when he started and they had to stay extra days so he could fix the car..and now mom's stressed...i'm stressed...BLEH.

I need a vacation, I've decided. Gonna take one as soon as I fucking can.

Just popping in to see how you are Lady.

Haven't seen an update from you in a few days, so I hope everything is A-OK for you.

Sorry about the job, that just blows. But you will find something better, any place would be lucky to have you.

I hope the time with your mother isn't too stressful, a vacation sounds like a great idea, for you and me both!!!

Take care Lady,
Your friend,
Ash.

Hi again Lady.

I have been thinking about you.

I haven't seen you online now for quite some time and I'm worried about you. I hope you've just decided to take the much needed vacation you were hoping for.

Please update when you have the time.

We love you,
your friend,
Ash.

Hey Lady, we're all wondering how you're doing.

Hey 209 - how you doin' bro? I feel a lot better today than I have in a long time. Have a houseguest coming in later today. It's nice out now (we had a record high of 88 yesterday - in December - yikes!) but it's going to pour rain this afternoon and tonight and cool us back down to where we should be (low-mid 70s) tomorrow.

Hey Lady, we're all wondering how you're doing.

Hey 209 - how you doin' bro? I feel a lot better today than I have in a long time. Have a houseguest coming in later today. It's nice out now (we had a record high of 88 yesterday - in December - yikes!) but it's going to pour rain this afternoon and tonight and cool us back down to where we should be (low-mid 70s) tomorrow.

Aihfl... I'm doing really good. I was abusing my methadone take homes but I just recently stopped a few months ago. I'm much happier taking it the way I'm supposed to. I'm never out for a day or 2 anymore and it's very nice.

I'm truly sorry about Nelson, I liked him. Plus the less power the guy in the W.H. has the better. My opinion. I've been a political junkie for about 14 years now. Rachel Maddow and others has taught me a lot. Real facts not alternative ones LOL. I remember a while ago when Rachel said with all the negative things going on in politics people just want to turn off the TV and ignore it because it's exhausting... Then she said but now is not the time to stop paying attention now is the time to start paying attention. She is a 1000% completely right.

About 2 hours ago it was cold and very foggy I went outside 20 minutes ago and it's sunny... like wtf. The fog has burnt off or blew out or whatever it does LOL. It's a beautiful day here in Northern Cali.

Last edited:
Hey 209, yeah I'm sorry about Nelson, too. There was some pretty dirty pool involved - I know because I was one of his "boots on the ground." I've been in kind of a news blackout since the election, even the local news. I'll occasionally watch it for the weather, but pretty much all I can take right now is The Daily Show and occasionally Hardball, which I have to turn off frequently because I'm just sick to death of hearing about the Mueller investigation.

Hello my dear friend Drew,

I pm'd you.

Take care,
Princess Ash. ; )
Haven't heard from you in a min Lady... Hope your straight.

I wanna say what's up to AIHFL too... Good morning brother! Hope you're doing good?

Also, I wanna say good morning to EPL1 aka Princess Ash... Hopefully your doing great but too?

It's a beautiful day! Actually it's ugly as fuck where I live right now... Foggy and cold lol. Thank God my heater decided to stop working. Perfect timing... yay! Hey at least I'm not in withdrawal... It could be a million times worse... Thank you mr. methadone!

Hay all!
I never post but I’ve been on Blulight almost daily for about 10+ years....
A few weeks back I sat down and read this entire thread. I feel a connection to LadyH, and the rest of you active posters. <3

I’m worried about you, LadyH, and hoping you’re ok....I keep checking in for a update.
Please know you’re thought of, and you’re loved. I’m rooting for you! You’re a strong, strong woman.

Take care, all!

Getting a little concerned my love.

Would love to hear from you, I just pm'd you too.

Take care,
here for you always,
your friend,
Ash.

Hi again Lady.

I have been thinking about you.

I haven't seen you online now for quite some time and I'm worried about you. I hope you've just decided to take the much needed vacation you were hoping for.

Please update when you have the time.

We love you,
your friend,
Ash.