• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Trump wants legislation to kill drug dealers

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/25/trump-wants-the-death-penalty-for-drug-dealers.html

The leader of the world's largest economy believes all drug dealers should face the death penalty, news website Axios reported late on Sunday.

President Donald Trump speaks about the mass shooting at a Florida high school in a national address from the White House in Washington, U.S., February 15, 2018.
Leah Millis | Reuters

President Donald Trump considers drug traffickers to be as bad as serial killers and would "love to have a law" that executes dealers in the U.S., unnamed sources told Axios.

While he admits that such a law would be impossible to pass, the head of state may support legislation that requires a five-year minimum sentence for dealers selling as little as two grams of fentanyl, Axios stated.

Use of the synthetic opiod, more potent than heroin, has been steadily climbing in North America, producing an increasing number of fatal overdoses.

The government must make drug dealers fear for their lives, Trump has told associates, pointing to Singapore and the Philippines ? where offenders can face death ? as examples.

Trump's comments mirror those of Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte. The controversial leader gave police the authority to execute drug peddlers ? Duterte has even admitted to personally killing criminal suspects ? but the matter has morphed into a human rights situation amid widespread reports of extrajudicial killings.

Trump "often jokes about killing drug dealers," a senior administrative official told Axios. "He'll say, 'You know the Chinese and Filipinos don't have a drug problem. They just kill them,'" the official said.

According to Axios, Trump's team is reportedly discussing the prospect of adopting elements of Singapore's zero tolerance policy, such as more anti-drug education in schools.

A spokesperson for the White House wasn't immediately available for comment when contacted by CNBC.

Can we impeach this chuckle head yet?

So when are they executing the big pharma execs?

Anyone selling fentanyl has it coming. I don't feel bad for anyone who sells that trash. They had it coming.

Him and Dungterde or whatever It's name is both, need lining up and shooting in the head, that way we only need to waste one bullet to kill the pair of the cunts.

Anyone selling fentanyl has it coming. I don't feel bad for anyone who sells that trash. They had it coming.

That's really unfair to say. There's many deadly drugs. Meth, heroin, cocaine, alcohol, tobacco, barbiturates, GHB, etc. can call be deadly. People have died taking these. Lots of people die from tobacco and alcohol use.

It's arguable whether or not an individual dealer really knows what they're selling. I'm willing to bet there's many dealers who truly believed they were selling heroin (especially the ones who don't use themselves). Other addicts may just be happy to be getting high, or not know the difference in subjective effects.

There's many deadly drugs. Meth, heroin, cocaine, alcohol, tobacco, barbiturates, GHB, etc. can call be deadly. People have died taking these. Lots of people die from tobacco and alcohol use.

The closest I ever came to physically overdosing on a drug of any kind was with alcohol, and honestly I may not have been that far from it. Anyways, I was relatively new to drinking thus had never been properly wasted before and didn't know when I was crossing the line. I honestly could have died, and I cannot say that I have had a similar experience with any other substance and I've used a decent number of them. Never did opiates per say other than prescribed doses during a very brief time, but I've done some stims as well as lots of pot and psychedelics (including some RC psychs/stims) as well as dissociatives on a few occasions. Plenty of these substances are illegal, yet the only drug I ever felt I was close to death from was that time I nearly drank too much when I was living in my Mom's house when I was much younger, many years ago.

Basically, I was too apathetic and out of it to even realize that I was in serious danger. In fact, I do not even remember. I have no idea what occurred, but I remember drinking massive amounts of wine after already coming home drunk from a party. Next thing I know, I start puking while sitting on the couch, and I cleaned up the small amount of vomit and then felt progressively worse after finishing that last beverage. I walk upstairs, feeling terribly sick and everything is all blurry and spinning. I throw up again in the sink, all red wine spewed on the sink. I went in the shower. My Mom did not even realize that I had turned the shower as she was sleeping. I got in the shower and remember vomiting about eight to ten times in the shower, just liquid red wine going down the drain basically and significant amounts of it. I remember throwing up again and again with the water running and feeling very fatigued. Thank God I woke up, because honest to God had things been different I might have been one of the ones that didn't wake up. While I was vomiting repeatedly, dizzy and fatigued in a way that far exceeds normal drunkenness....... somehow my memory was just gone. Total blackout, just woke up and the shower was still running.

The next thing I remember after vomiting repeatedly and being in the shower vomiting by myself with my Mom asleep in the next room was waking up as it was beginning to get light. I had gotten in the shower around 1:00 AM, and when I checked the clock getting out of the shower it was 7:30 AM. I remember perhaps 30 minutes while I was in the shower, vomiting repeatedly. When I awoke, I still was slightly buzzed from the alcohol but it was wearing off. I luckily got up to clean up the vomit in the sink. Then, I went to bed, and I slept a very long time. As you'd expect, I woke up with a very bad hangover. But at least I woke up. I could easily have not woken up, and that wasn't from "drugs", it was simply from drinking way fucking too much to the point that I reached a pharmacological threshold where the body cannot handle it which could have been just as lethal as an OD on hard drugs. Luckily, I did get out of the shower in the morning. But I could have not woken up honestly.

This is not to demonize alcohol. In fact, I still drink often, nearly every day. I enjoy drinking, but with any mind altering substance, moderation is key. Because with many substances, not using moderation can result in death from an overdose and/or chronic damage. As you can see from my story, this is not something that applies strictly to illegal substances but any substance that has strong CNS effects. Yes, one can overdose on Fentanyl that is sold illegally but one can also overdose on legally prescribed fentanyl. They also can overdose on wine, as I nearly did. In my opinion, to give someone the death penalty for selling a substance that one can overdose on is absurd. They were not responsible for the overdose. The end user was. I do not blame the person who sold the wine for my dangerous experience. Or anyone else. I blame myself for not knowing that alcohol can cause one to overdose/have alcohol poisoning. Education is key. Had I known that alcohol can reach overdose territory with amounts that are relatively easily reachable by someone who is binge drinking and been aware to avoid this risk of the substance, this would not have happened. Education and harm reduction is the key, not killing people.

We need a law brought in that allows Donald Trump to be put to death. It would be for the good of not just the US, but the entire world, not to have a failed abortion like that given power to do anything more than stack tins of cat food on supermarket shelves.

We need a law brought in that allows Donald Trump to be put to death. It would be for the good of not just the US, but the entire world, not to have a failed abortion like that given power to do anything more than stack tins of cat food on supermarket shelves.

No. Our congress is worse. They had the power to stop him from taking office, and they have the power to kick him out. They're not going to.

Killing them is excessive. The worst they deserve is a lengthy prison sentence.

jesus this just shows the abiliy of trump to jump on the next media bandwagon that comes along. This is a real low swoop

Well this puts his praise of duterte into new perspective.

Anyone else have a trouble take at the "as little as 2 grams of fentanyl" line?

Anyone else have a trouble take at the "as little as 2 grams of fentanyl" line?

Yeah, I doubt that 2 grams of fentanyl, if converted into the number of typical doses, would be all that different than 100 grams of heroin or 500 grams of cocaine, which carry five-year minimums federally. The problem, though, is that the system for drug quantities triggering minimums does not depend on purity. So, a low-level street dealer with 2 grams of "fent dope" which is less than 1% fentanyl will get the minimum just the same as someone who has 2 grams of pure fentanyl, over a hundred times the amount of actual drug.

i'm tired of hearing about tobacco is a deadly drug, while it been shown it can cause disease in long term use no one smokes one cigarette and dies.

i'm tired of hearing about tobacco is a deadly drug, while it been shown it can cause disease in long term use no one smokes one cigarette and dies.

If they do it while blacking our and the lit cigarette burns down their house, it does.

Tobacco use could theoretically trigger a stroke in someone susceptible.

I have never seen someone fatally OD on heroin in real life; that doesn’t mean it never happens.

i might be wrong but i think more people die from caffeine every year than nicotine. falling asleep with a lit cig is dangerous but so is falling asleep while driving

i might be wrong but i think more people die from caffeine every year than nicotine. falling asleep with a lit cig is dangerous but so is falling asleep while driving

Even if it's true that might not mean very more in terms of underlying danger.

You gotta account for there being more caffeine users than nicotine users and that deaths related to fatigue could be more spread out than nicotine which takes a lot longer. So even if it's true it doesn't inherently mean what you might think it means.

Besides, falling asleep while driving isn't the caffeine fault, its the fault of the person driving instead of sleeping or in the case of truck drivers, the system which compels them to do that.