• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

concerns about adderall leading to heroin

DETROIT*edm*JUNKIE

Bluelighter
hello,

i guess just to give a prelog i was in pain management for a year ended up on heroin and caught a felony which im on diversion for now. i have been sober 4 months and im truly not enjoying sobriety but i also understand that it keeps me safe...

i have a degree in finance and have literally never been able to do finance / project management without drugs... like i got a degree with really good grades cause i was high for the entire thing (i enjoy business when im high, hate it sober)....

anyways im looking to get back into the working business world (haven't been employed the last 3 months as i quit my job when i went to rehab for the heroin).
when studying for the interviews and reviewing with videos and whatnot i notice my concentration simply just isnt there............

like i literally cant just sit there and do finance for more than 20 minutes without saying fuck this and having to take a break........
i need to be committeed 6-7 hours a day of studying to get my brain right again...........

i am thinking about adderall but im worried if this could lead back to heroin (adderall gives me anxiety sometimes and i used to take xanax / heroin for the adderall crashes, i also was shooting up adderall at one point)............

i have been diagnosed with severe ADHD in the past and I do believe i have it to some degree....

anyways,,,,,,, do you guys believe that using something like adderall could lead back to heroin or not???

Part of me says no it won't because my inhibitions were never lowered on adderall unlike xanax / alcohol. Im generally pretty careful on adderall. Like going to the hood to cop would not be something id ever feel comfortable doing on adderall lol. im more likely to go sober and i really have no anxiety being in the worst part of any city off any opiate / benzo.

I don't think Adderall leads to heroin mostly because Adderall is a stimulant drug while heroin is an opiate drug, so the effects are very different from each other. The logic is simple if you don't want heroin don't take it, because amphetamine type drugs like addreall wont all of the suddenly make you crave opiates (in my experience).

Well being a polydrug addict who is getting used to being sober I would say it doesn't matter what the most problematic drug was as others can become problematic on their own.

I don't want to touch stimulants either anymore as I know they might cause me addiction too. That same applies to benzos and GABAergics etc. but this is just my take on it.

If something in the reality doesn't make you comfortable without drugs you'll need to address the issues behind that instead of taking drugs IMO.

I quitted opiates month and a half ago in a detox and now I am in rehab for staying sober so I could live my life without other drugs too.

All I can say is if it's something you associate with your heroin use, it's possible it'll lead back to it. I haven't used coke in years but every time I drink, I want a line. Simply because I associate them together. Same with opiates and any benzo.

I'm going to side with most of what has been said already.

Even you state that adderall>anxiety>xanax and that you used to take xans/h for your crashes off adderall. If you are crashing that hard it would seem to me like you had a slightly abusive relationship with adderall already as well.

Seems like you already know that adderall will be giving you cravings for both xan and h, so I would think it's a pretty bad idea, especially if you are buying it off the street,