• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Chocolate edibles

Holly.3

Bluelighter
Hi friend recently came back from Colorado with some Nature's High edibles. Each chocolate piece is supposed to contain 10 mg of THC. I have never done Edibles before, wondering if I should eat half of a chocolate or the whole thing? I'm 5 foot 9, 155 lb. How long should it take before you start feeling the effects and how long do they last?

I've read that if you have low to no tolerance you're going to want to do it in 5mg intervals.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/5-tips-to-safely-dose-and-enjoy-cannabis-edibles

"The standard dose according to Colorado’s edibles dosing guidelines is 10 milligrams, but a cannabis newbie or low-tolerance consumer should start with half of that."

"Instead, take a dose and wait it out – that way, you’re much more likely to have a positive and in-control experience. Because body fat and metabolism vary so much from individual to individual, it’s hard to say when that edible is going to kick in. It could be 30 minutes later, or it could take an hour and a half. Resist snacking on the rest of your edibles until you’ve felt the effects the first dose, then, once you’ve waited long enough (it could be two hours or longer), you can decide whether you want to pop another peanut butter bite into your mouth."

I ended up taking half and then about 30 minutes later took the other half. Other than having a weed taste in my mouth for a while, I had absolutely zero side effects. And I've got a low tolerance. Didn't get high, didn't get buzzed, didn't even get the munchies. I know the stuff legit. 10 mg per chocolate. According to Colorado law, Edibles can't contain more than 10 mg per serving and a package cannot contain more than 100 mg total. I had one of these chocolates about 6 or 7 months ago. Ate the whole chocolate and again, same thing, had that weed taste in my mouth for a while but no other side effects.

Many people I know do not register the effects of edibles.

A few friends like this do swear by the little breath strip type things.

Try again with 20mg, if 10mg is absolutely nothing, then 20mg is unlikely to be overpowering at all. If that doesn't work I'd go up in 10 max 15mg intervals from there.

How much THC is in one average joint? She only gave me 3 10mg chocolate's, don't want to have to waste my last two but I may need to.