Logged out every ~60 seconds

RedRum OG

Bluelighter
I get logged out about every minute, this started happening recently, within the last 6 months probably. Doesn't matter what device or IP I use. Makes posting very frustrating. Used to be maybe 5-10 minutes. Is this everybody or just me?

What am I doing wrong?

Mine's working as normal. Does it still occur if you click 'remember password'?

You have cookies disabled.

The site uses cookies to track you and your account. So, if you deliberately disable them, or browse in private mode they can't keep track of you with them and that will happen.

There might be another reason.

I've encountered the problem describe here on occasion. It never bothered me enough to look into the cause in depth, but it's definitely not a cookie issue.

Usually it's just that I was forgetting to click that checkbox that keeps you logged in. Sorry I can't remember what it's called but it's the only checkbox you can click when signing in. "keep signed in" or something. Sometimes my browser would randomly unselected it for unknown reasons.

You could be right and it's a cookie issue, that would do it as well. But when I've experienced the problem described here (I think it tended to happen with safari) it was related to the browser not properly selecting the "stay logged in" checkbox.

And as you mentioned, if you use in private browsing (which only helps keep your session private from other people who have access to your computer by the way, not with being tracked by law enforcement for example). Then you will find yourself logged out as soon as you close the private window.

I've been experiencing the same thing, and it's very frustrating.

When I type in a reply to a post, or edit a post I made, when I click on "Post Quick Reply", or anything else I'm doing, I'm stopped, and asked to "Refresh Page" And "Log In".

When I do that, my entire reply is lost, and I have to start over. It's like a "Race Against Time".

What I've been doing is Copying My Replies, Etc., Refreshing The Page, Logging Back In, Clicking On "Post Quick Reply" (Or However I'm Submitting Something), Pasting What I Copied, And Submitting It VERY QUICKLY.

Has anybody found out what the solution to this is?

If so, would you please post your answer in this thread, and also send me a Private Message?

Thank You.

R.