• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Not Feeling the Oxycodone

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I popped 25 mg 35 minutes ago. I know it takes a while to come on via oral administration but I should feel something after 35 minutes, right? I took a 6-day vacation off opiates (to lower my tolerance) so I could enjoy these Percocets. Should I pop another 10 mg or wait till 50 minutes passes and THEN take another 10 mg if I'm not feeling anything? I don't want to take too much APAP as well, and my GP won't prescribe me 10 mg Percs, only 5 mg. (I do have legit pain, as well -- abscess in a tooth.)

Since you're having tooth pain, you may try adding some ibuprofen or naproxen to help with the throb. You're right in not overloading yourself on the acetaminophen. If you have a raised tolerance, using more Percocet may not give the recreational effects you're looking for.

Since you're having tooth pain, you may try adding some ibuprofen or naproxen to help with the throb. You're right in not overloading yourself on the acetaminophen. If you have a raised tolerance, using more Percocet may not give the recreational effects you're looking for.
Thanks for the response. Yes, I also added ibuprofen to the mix, and also added an extra 10 mg of oxy. Helped with the toothache, but only got a mild high from it.

Not sure if something like Orajel or Ambesol would help with an abscessed tooth, but may be worth a try. I've been dealing with my fair share of tooth problems, so you have my sympathies.

Mate get oil of cloves and paint it on the tooth area and i hope you have antibiotics or it will get far worse not better.

Tooth abscesses can actually kill you if you just leave it and pop pain pills as that bacteria in that area loves to go straight to your heart if it ruptures.

Forget enjoying your drugs right now just use them to cope and focus on that when youre healed.

O

In case it hasn't been noted, as someone who's been through several surgeries in his life, I can tell you that you're much less likely to catch a strong buzz/high if you actually are in pain. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but for this purpose, as T. has said, you should make sure to use other OTC pain meds to their maximum possible extent if you're still in pain.

There are prescribing guidelines that differ based upon chronic and acute administration of stuff like Ibuprofen and APAP. My surgeon routinely advises me to take 800mg Ibuprofen up to 4x daily, with the max daily APAP and Hydromorphone. As long as it's for a short period of time, you don't even necessarily need to consult a physician regarding their use.

It's my opinion and that of many others that these OTC analgesics are really underutilized. I'm not saying in a general, universal way, but more in the sense that people tend to think that they are prescribed a powerful Opioid that they are already receiving the most analgesia possible. Really, you can extend the use of your Opioids further and have a superior analgesia by using OTC analgesics to their full extent with Opioids.

^ Yeah and opioids doesn't seem to do much for toothpain IMO and ibuprofen or naproxen works much better than opioids.

^ Yeah and opioids doesn't seem to do much for toothpain IMO and ibuprofen or naproxen works much better than opioids.

I'm really sorry to hear that MrRoot. I've heard the same regarding tooth pain for some reason. Could it potentially be that it's a combined issue of nerve sensitivity and regular old pain? Have you tried to use anything like Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica) for the pain? I have a hunch that both, combined with your NSAIDs might give you comfort. PM me dude, cause I'd like to know what you think and what comes of it! Please.

Yeah if you have real pain you wont feel the buzz, the meds will go to the pain . Like others said take an Aleve for the tooth then the ocs for the fun .

I I completely agree with Larimar that if you are in pain and take medicine that it goes to the pain and you don't feel a buzz or high.

I've been on a pain management regimen since my mid-30s and I can tell you that I never felt my pain medicine except for the first week that I used them. Since then they either help my pain or don't help my pain but I don't get any type of Buzz at all.

I'm scripted 60 mgs of Oxy IR a day and 40 mgs of hydrocodone a day plus 30 mgs of methadone and 1.5 mg of Klonopin. On top of that I take 600 mg of gralise, which is basically Gabapentin, every night. I don't feel anything at all except a sense of calmness at night after I take my gralise. It's like my nerves stop buzzing and the pain kind of backs off for a little while and gives me a chance to breathe.

I think that's why my doctor has prescribed my medicine like this for the last eight years. I've never run out, asked for early refills, said my medication was stolen, etc. and I don't take more than I'm supposed to. If anything I try to take less if possible.

I would love to know what it's like to feel high but my body simply won't allow it. The sad part is that I have family who think I'm an addict and should stop all meds and just 'deal with it'. These are the same people who are quite eager to get into my medicine if possible so I keep everything in a lock bag and the keys are on my cigarette case so they are always with me.

Just because they can get high on my medicine (I've had 100s of pills stolen over the year hence the lock bag) doesn't mean I can. I try to explain what Larimar said above to them but they don't deal with massive pain everyday so they don't understand.

I find it ironic that the same people who think I'm an addict and should stop taking all medicine are the same ones who will beg, steal or cheat to get a hold of my medicine LOL.

I'm really sorry to hear that MrRoot. I've heard the same regarding tooth pain for some reason. Could it potentially be that it's a combined issue of nerve sensitivity and regular old pain? Have you tried to use anything like Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica) for the pain? I have a hunch that both, combined with your NSAIDs might give you comfort. PM me dude, cause I'd like to know what you think and what comes of it! Please.

I don’t currently have any toothpain as I am going through a treatment for my tooth

I geot my dental protesis withing a month after they have off the worst teeth and then I can smile again.

I have another question for this it?s my first time posting here and my question is if I took 30mg of methadone at 6am and it?s now 8:30pm could I take let?s say 20 to 40mg of hydros and feel them at all? Or is the methadones long half life going to interfere with the hydros?

Yes, you can take 30mgs of Methadone and take a few Norcos later in the day and you'll feel it working. At least until your tolerance gets to the point where the medicine is still working to relieve pain. but it doesn't make you "high".

I take 30mgs of Methadone a day plus Norcos and oxys. I was able to feel them for probably 3 years. This is my 8th year in pain management so obviously it's been a long time since I've felt high but my body isn't screaming in pain either.
Btw, this is my 2 nd pain clinic so when I mention using various meds it's from my 1st clinic.