• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Should I be majorly concerned?

throwthisawayrite

Greenlighter
So once upon a time I had 22mg of Clonazepam and I took them over what I think to be two weeks maybe a week and a half around that. I first started with low doses of .5 mg, not sure how long I did that for probably a day and then onto 1 but never exceeding 2mg in a day. I was taking them to stay off another substance.
The last two days my dose has only been 1mg and I think the two before that it was 1.5mg a day.
With such a short time frame and (relatively) low dose I should be pretty ok right besides some residual anxiety?
Oh and it was always taken sublingually if that makes any difference... I think I've read it affects the length of the effects but not sure about half life.
Oh and I usually dosed twice in a day if that matters either...

Yes, there will likely be just residual anxiety.

If you are especially worried, don't want any anxiety, and have some left, then tapering would be your best bet.

I just went through 14mg in 2 days last week I semi regularly have had binges like that for years. You'll be fine

I agree that you shouldn't have much of any issues z but for the sake of HR and the running tp create a thread like this, perhaps research or ask about the possibilities before you start munching pills or what have you. Not an attack by any means, or meant as smarm, but it's just a much better plan all around.

It depends, usually 2 weeks isn't long enough to develop any serious WD symptoms (if you've never been dependent on benzos in the past) but 1.5mg a day is not exactly a low dose for someone who just started taking benzos, in my opinion. Clonazepam's half life is between 20-60h IIRC so it will build up in your system. So you'll probably be fine, but just as an anecdote, I've felt some pretty annoying rebound anxiety from taking 0.5mg or less for a couple of weeks (and not even everyday!)

Last edited:
I agree that you shouldn't have much of any issues z but for the sake of HR and the running tp create a thread like this, perhaps research or ask about the possibilities before you start munching pills or what have you. Not an attack by any means, or meant as smarm, but it's just a much better plan all around.

Do you not think I haven't done that prior to making this thread? Please find me anything conclusive other than rehab and medical sites saying you'll die and other people who have asked for opinions where the variables weren't the same as my situation. But sure, I probably should have used them more responsibly. I knew about the withdrawals but I didn't think it would be enough and then I started second guessing myself (probably due to some residual anxiety.)

How long do you guys think I should anticipate having any form of withdrawals? And any personal experience with using cannabis for them?

Because klonopin has a very long half life you might feel some anxiety for a week. Smoking cannabis is usually a good way to lower anxiety but it depends on the strain of cannabis you get. I've been on klonopin for over 7 years. I was initially prescribed 2.5mgs a day but my doctor lowered it to 1.5mgs a day last year and I had some pretty bad anxiety attacks for weeks except when I smoked cannabis. You'll be just fine with or without cannabis but be careful about how long you use klonopin at doses over 1 mg a day. You could find yourself in a nasty situation if you take large amounts for a month and stop cold turkey.

Out of all of my prescribed medicines my klonopin scares me the most and the thought of running out sends me into panic attacks so I take my exact dose and no more.

Yeah, I guess the biggest thing is I'm just trying to make sure I am nowhere near seizure territory to put my mind at ease. I've already felt the minor pains in some bones, the minor bouts of depersonalization and depression and general fogginess. I'm coming up on 36 hours since my last dose of 1mg sublingually and just doing all the research I can. Reading shit like this is annoying:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/34lx7u/a_warning_about_cannabis_use_when_withdrawing/

You will be fine. The biggest concern that I would have personally, is the fact that you have fairly rapidly escalated your dosage and being that you're relatively new to these drugs, you could potentially end up in a blackout. Blackouts are dangerous because they leave you open to be fucked with and you can, yourself, do damage by getting behind the wheel of a car. I know more than one person who compulsively shoplifts knick-knacks while in blackout.

There will be no lasting damage or anything like that. A lot of the damage that you hear about regarding Benzodiazepines is done over a long-period of time. This damage, as it were, is pretty esoteric, but in a lot of ways, amounts to being unable to return to functionality without Benzodiazepines.

Knick-Knacks are not worth it.

I don't know why this bothers me so much. So, this was a experiment of mine (out of necessity). Just goes to show while I may feel anxiety free on a daily basis it's also a very dangerous road to go down...especially with someone with such an addictive personality like myself. It's not my first experience with a benzo by any means but it is the first time I did them at length... I didn't do anything stupid just can't remember the exact day I started taking them. I really am trying to figure out how the way I took them affects the half life if at all... I am at 36 hours so by tomorrrow night it will be 60. Is 60 hours the maximum half life for any dosage/length of time you think? I definitely feel minor withdrawals from it though but the weed does seem to help.... Just dont want it to provoke no damn seizures!! if that's even relevant...

Appreciate being able to just vent about this shit regardless.

Yeah, I don't care about the anxiety. I guess I could have just asked what the likelihood of seizures was and be done with it but...

Do you not think I haven't done that prior to making this thread? Please find me anything conclusive other than rehab and medical sites saying you'll die and other people who have asked for opinions where the variables weren't the same as my situation. But sure, I probably should have used them more responsibly. I knew about the withdrawals but I didn't think it would be enough and then I started second guessing myself (probably due to some residual anxiety.)

Scootin' was using you as an example for our viewers at home, on how not to do things; he speaks truth, heed him.

You're right, OP, about drug info being a mess online, especially benzos. That's why it's best to avoid forums until after you've read published, peer-reviewed, or sourced information.

If you went to the generally good drugs.com entry on clonazepam you could look at dosing information--1mg/day is a maintenance dose for panic disorder, and as seizure-prevention, dosing starts at 1.5mg. (I did find a typo there, so double check elsewhere. Unfortunately, most places just use the same FDA monograph.)

That tells you risk, after going cold-turkey, of seizure at your level is pretty low, and for anxiety, moderate. Most people who abuse benzos go way, way beyond the therapeutic dose, since tolerance is fast with these things. They are the ones who have horror stories (that are real) of years-long tapering.

You've been below the therapeutic dose for a few months. Like with a lot of things, you can safely quit cold turkey tomorrow. The next day you might feel irritable. It might be unpleasant to be around you. That is not "withdrawal," it's just quitting a med. You can handle that. You don't need any weed or gabapentin or fucking kratom to just stop taking a dose of Klonopin every day. Your mildest hangover will be worse.

Yeah, bud (OP), as I said at the end of my initial post, I wasn't looking to provoke, or perhaps abate the fires that light our sempiternally fortnightly Bluelight Edition of Sabbath Scufflin' Sabbath, but I realize that I do have a tendency to come across like an L or G, maybe even a Bptubbs...

But yeah, best of luck, you got dis