European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Codeine Linctus

Doublecup9011

Greenlighter
Hello guys, recently I've bought some linctus and mixed it with sprite but I was a little disappointed of the taste, it was okay but not delicious. I used to lean with euphon and the taste difference is huge... Does someone have some advices for sodas I could take or maybe some sweets that I could add in my mixture? Thank you :D
Also I just have a little question, when you buy it online, what is the time period before you can buy another syrup?

What do you mean I'm not sure if I understood correctly?

Don't mind me, I'm just a bitter twisted old cunt who's just discovered his favourite beer has gone up by 20p a can.

But seriously mate, don't be taken in by this codeine+soda=lean bollocks. Just neck the linctus and enjoy...

Don't mind me, I'm just a bitter twisted old cunt who's just discovered his favourite beer has gone up by 20p a can.

But seriously mate, don't be taken in by this codeine+soda=lean bollocks. Just neck the linctus and enjoy...

You mean you drink linctus without anything? (sorry but english is not my mother tongue)

You mean you drink linctus without anything? (sorry but english is not my mother tongue)

I have done, but personally I prefer to buy over the counter codeine+paracetamol tablets and perform a cold water extraction. However, I've no idea if this is possible in your country - where are you?

I have done, but personally I prefer to buy over the counter codeine+paracetamol tablets and perform a cold water extraction. However, I've no idea if this is possible in your country - where are you?
I'm in uk.
But extractions are not the simplest way it's better with just syrup

If something's worth doing, it's worth doing properly. You don't actually need much to separate the codeine and paracetamol in standard 500x8 co-codamol pills (available cheaply over the counter in most UK pharmacies). 32 such tablets (the largest pack size available without prescription; the idea being that someone intent on overdosing on OTC meds might just rediscover the will to live somewhere between pharmacies ..... or at least decide it's not worth the bother, and go home instead?) providing 256mg. of codeine phosphate hemihydrate, if extracted properly. A 200 ml.bottle of codeine linctus containing 15mg.per 5ml. will provide 600mg. of codeine, roughly equivalent to 2.34 packs of co-codamol -- plus 160 grams of sucrose (i.e., ordinary coofee sugar) -- yes, you read that right; it's about 32 teaspoons by my own measurements -- and about 3.6ml.of alcohol (equivalent to about 200ml. of beer, not much to worry about for most people). I really don't want to think about consuming 160g. of sucrose holus bolus like that. Maybe you just haven't got enough sucrase in your system to decompose it all to glucose, and will shit much of it out unaltered. Where's Limpet Chicken? If anyone knows, he's bound to .....

Whether or not the fizzy lemonade actually helps with the absorption of the drug (one vaguely plausible explanation: maybe the CO2 makes you burp, you breath some of the drug-laden stomach gas back in and it absorbed into your system better that way, on account of the molecules being spaced further apart and so exposing the maximum surface area; compare how iron filings undergo chemical reactions much more quickly than a big lump of steel weighing the same, all other conditions unaltered?) seems to be ripe for experimentation.

Remember also: Codeine addiction is no easier to get out of than any other opioid addiction. The Powers That Be just reckon a 64mg./day codeine habit (i.e., the maximum you could get from 4 doses/day * 2 tablets/dose * 8mg./tablet) is breakable without too bad withdrawal symptoms, is all.

good point. Rarely mentioned on this board is one of the most insidious drugs of all: sugar

laregly responsible for the obesity crisis and can be as unhealthy and addictive as booze/tobacco and is in absolutely everything!

If some of the above went over your head, and sugar-content is not something that concerns you, then yes. Drinking codeine linctus alone provides the exact same effects as combining it with soda. Personally I always liked the taste of codeine linctus but each to their own.

Codeine linctus can be had in a sugar free version. In fact every pharmacy I've been to that's been willing to sell it has stocked the sugar free variant and only sold the sugar version when they've run out of the sugar free. Because those pharmacists aren't daft and know what you're doing with it.

OP I recommend buying the sugar free version (yes it's stocked in most of the online pharmacies, search for it) and just drinking about a quarter of the bottle which should be roughly 150mg codeine, since you're opiate naive that should be plenty.

I like the taste of sugar free linctus but not so much the sugar version which is bad for you anyway.

I'm surprised to see some people promoting CWEs over linctus. With a CWE you'll always have some residual paracetamol and it's pretty much impossible to know how much. Pure unadulterated codeine is much safer than risking poisoning your liver with paracetamol.

I'm surprised to see some people promoting CWEs over linctus. With a CWE you'll always have some residual paracetamol and it's pretty much impossible to know how much. Pure unadulterated codeine is much safer than risking poisoning your liver with paracetamol.
But you can tell approximately how much APAP might be in the finished product just by weighing it. 1ml. of water weighs 1g. by definition, and there isn't enough codeine -- 0.008g. per 8 / 500mg. pill -- to make much of a difference; anything the extract weighs over and above the original mass of the water used in the first place can be assumed to be paracetamol coming through.

Are most people doing CWEs going to weigh the content of the liquid in reality? Probably not. As long as it's not overly cloudy they'll assume it's fine. When you're crushing up 32 tablets each containing 500mg paracetamol it's pretty easy to get at least a few grams leftover which, if taken regularly, is enough to harm your liver.

As linctus simply has no paracetamol in the first place, it is by far the safer option.

As linctus simply has no paracetamol in the first place, it is by far the safer option.

Granted, but it's a damn sight harder to come by than just popping into a few high street chemists for a pack of co-codamol with no questions asked...

Codeine linctus can be had in a sugar free version. In fact every pharmacy I've been to that's been willing to sell it has stocked the sugar free variant and only sold the sugar version when they've run out of the sugar free. Because those pharmacists aren't daft and know what you're doing with it.

OP I recommend buying the sugar free version (yes it's stocked in most of the online pharmacies, search for it) and just drinking about a quarter of the bottle which should be roughly 150mg codeine, since you're opiate naive that should be plenty.

I like the taste of sugar free linctus but not so much the sugar version which is bad for you anyway.

I Avoided the sugar-free linctus (sorbitol?) because some people said it gave you explosive diahroehea, but downing that much raw sugar is not great - I wonder if it could even counteract the effects of the codeine

btw, as mentioned in the other thread about online pharmacies, you can legally buy pure codeine tablets with an online prescription

Last edited:
Granted, but it's a damn sight harder to come by than just popping into a few high street chemists for a pack of co-codamol with no questions asked...

This is very true. Sadly you're very lucky if you can find a pharmacy willing to sell you linctus these days. Most will try to palm you off with pholcodine. I have one nearby that sells it to me, they've just told me I can't take the piss and come in every week for a bottle.

I Avoided the sugar-free linctus (sorbitol?) because some people said it gave you explosive diahroehea, but downing that much raw sugar is not great - I wonder if it could even counteract the effects of the codeine

The sugar free version does not contain any sorbitol. There is literally nothing inside the sugar free linctus to deter you from just necking the stuff. I'm honestly amazed it's legally an OTC product.

You might be thinking of the Australian dihydrocodeine syrup, that contains sorbitol. J Collis Browne's Mixture contains it too, but only in a small amount.

Mix it with sprite and grape soda from tesco to make a proper authentic sizzurp ;) you could put some boiled sweets (hard candy) in there too. I remember doing this with a mate by the river when I had low tolerance, was a great rush that lasted the whole evening. You could mix it with promethazine to potentiate it

Mix it with sprite and grape soda from tesco to make a proper authentic sizzurp ;) you could put some boiled sweets (hard candy) in there too. I remember doing this with a mate by the river when I had low tolerance, was a great rush that lasted the whole evening. You could mix it with promethazine to potentiate it

doesn't Promethazine inhibit the CY enzyme that converts it to morphine?

Regarding sorbitol, found out the Pinewood brand does contain it upon getting that brand for the first time in years of buying codeine linctus. Although I found all it did was give me a slightly upset stomach and the farts even when I drank almost a whole bottle. Still best avoided though, doubt it's good for you.

For whatever reason my usual pharmacies were stocking that instead of the usual Care+ brand which does not contain sorbitol in the sugar free version. Care+ is definitely the one to go for, tastes better too. And the bottle doesn't look like it was designed in Microsoft Word 2000.

813cGSc.jpg