Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA depression: Lasting over 2 months

Usmc22

Greenlighter
Drug Induced depression

I need help and I don't know what to do. Let me give you a little back story. I was just discharged from the Marine Corps a little over 10 months ago. Everything was great, partying hanging with my girl, and with my family. Here's where it goes wrong: I have a history of taking pyschedilcs like: orange sunshine(fucked me up when I was 17 - and was hospitalized) Lsd, mdma, ketamine, etc etc basically all of those and is mass quantities. I like to trip and go to shows. So anyways, Back to most recently, over Christmas break I bought about 5 grams of Molly to share with my family and go to concerts and what not. Anyways everything was great until one night. I took just two finger dips and was expecting to roll just a little for the night as my brother was home from college. Casually feel good while we're all drinking.

That was December 21st and since then I have been a zombie, lethargic, stopped working out, suicidal, unmotivated, and feel abnormal all the time. I feel like I have this cloud pressing over my head and brain and nothing is real or has no meaning to it. I can sleep 12 hours easily and I've been gaining weight. Anyways, I saw an old psychiatrist and he got me back on Gabapentin 1200 mgs 3x a day.

I am seriously messed up all day, I can barely write this but I can?t stand it anymore. If anyone knows how to help me, I'm ready. I'm really sad and it's affecting all my relationships. I?m getting in stupid arguments with my girlfriend, I?m crying all the time, i'm trying to exercise and eat write. It?s been 2 months strong, the gabapentin makes it bearable but I?m not the happy motivated person I used to be.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited:
Could this depression relate to you being discharged from USMC?

When I was honorary discharged from army because my injuries I had a huge depression which took a lot of time to get better.

MDMA may have of course caused it to become worse but if depression stays on while abstaining from MDMA I would say there are more reasons for it.

Yeah that could definitely be a huge factor. I was medically discharged, so I was forced out. Definitely was a big factor. Im just so sad all the time, i've been checking the thread every hour, hoping somebody has advice. Thanks for commenting.

@Usmc22

Hi man. Many people here struggle with symptoms like yours, including me. We call it LTC (Long Term Comedown). Bad news you will feel these symptoms for at least couple of months. Good news is it gets better. I'm on my 6th month and although I need more time to recover, I'm slowly getting better. First month was an absolute nightmare, next two months were terrible, last three months were bearable, sometimes even quite good.

Here is thread for people with similar problems: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/838466-MDMA-Recovery-(Stories-amp-Support-6)/page5

@sick_guy
Thank you so much for a reply. I am struggling and its hard to put into words. I'm happy you responded and same with Mr_Root. Its been 2 months of this already and I'm getting real sick and tired of this. I can't even get out of bed to get to class. Thanks for the link, I am not alone it seems. Again thanks for the response.

Wow, this is insane. I’m not any better mentally but seeing this gives me a little relief. It is just temporary. Thanks for the responses