View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD first time help

Emiliene10

Greenlighter
Hello, tomorrow I am planning to take LSD for the very first time. I am pretty small, I am 18 but I am 5'2 and I am 45kg (99 pounds). My dealer split the tab up in 2 halves, he said the whole tab is 180ug and half the tab is 90ug. I am contemplating wether to take one of the halves (90ug) or both the halves (180ug) and if I take both of the halves wether to take one and then an hour and a half later take the other. I am going to take the first one tomorrow at around 7 am then I'm going out at around 9 and then going to my friends around 11 to 5 pm. I don't want to get to the point where I forget about my cast and I start running around and can't walk on my crutches and I don't want to look or seem noticably high on LSD. However I do want to experience what LSD is like and want to have some visuals and stuff. How much shall I take for a safe amount? Also how much will LSD last for if I'm 5'2 and 45kg and if I take whatever amount you recommend?
Hello, tomorrow I am planning to take LSD for the very first time. I am pretty small, I am 18 but I am 5'2 and I am 45kg (99 pounds). My dealer split the tab up in 2 halves, he said the whole tab is 180ug and half the tab is 90ug. I am contemplating wether to take one of the halves (90ug) or both the halves (180ug) and if I take both of the halves wether to take one and then an hour and a half later take the other. I am going to take the first one tomorrow at around 7 am then I'm going out at around 9 and then going to my friends around 11 to 5 pm. I don't want to get to the point where I forget about my cast and I start running around and can't walk on my crutches and I don't want to look or seem noticably high on LSD. However I do want to experience what LSD is like and want to have some visuals and stuff. How much shall I take for a safe amount? Also how much will LSD last for if I'm 5'2 and 45kg and if I take whatever amount you recommend?

I would recommend you wait until you're not injured as the lsd will make it very noticeable, and also that you set a day aside rather than plan to go out in public/to a friend's your first time. It's also generally a good idea to have a sober sitter with you your first time.

As far as dose goes definitely avoid taking part of it at one point and more later, it's just a waste of material as you'll get considerably less effect from the second dose. The dose I usually recommend for beginners is around 150ug so a little over 3/4 of that tab, but given your size you'll probably be okay with the 1/2 tab provided it's decent stuff. Expect it to last around 8 hours with an afterglow that lasts through the evening and likely into the next day. You're taking it early enough that you shouldn't have any interference with your sleep.

I don't want to get to the point where I forget about my cast and I start running around and can't walk on my crutches and I don't want to look or seem noticably high on LSD. [...] How much shall I take for a safe amount?

As someone with no psychedelic experience, on crutches? Not wanting others to notice you're high? I would recommend taking 0 tabs.

You have to understand that set and setting are critical. Worrying about your crutches, or about other people noticing that you're tripping, is a surefire way of ruining your trip.

Also, an LSD experience usually lasts around ~10 hours. If you take a tab at 7 AM, you'll probably be peaking around 10 AM, and starting to gradually come down around 1 PM or so; during the comedown the visuals will be among the first things to fade, but there will be plenty of (not necessarily pleasant) residual stimulation, as well as feelings of mental and emotional exhaustion.... so, just about the worst timing if you're planning to hang out with your friends between 11 AM and 5 PM.

Really, not wanting to "look or seem noticably high on LSD" and having a good trip are generally mutually exclusive, especially on a drug with such an intense headspace. Certain other psychedelics (ex.: 2C-C or 2C-B) may offer a milder headspace without sacrificing the visuals, but even with those there's a good chance people will notice you're high on something.

Last edited:
if you take half you will get a good sense of it
if you take all you will have a stronger trip
I doubt you would try anything to hurt your cast encased limb.
more likely you will be overwhelmed by impulses from all your senses and ideas all happening at once and continuing indefinitely as if time has already stopped or eternity has already started.

As someone with no psychedelic experience, on crutches? Not wanting others to notice you're high? I would recommend taking 0 tabs.

Yes. This.

There is no need to rush this experience. You can store it relatively safely for extended periods.

Set and setting are ultra important.

If you are already worried about someone noticing you are high, then you will surely be worried about this while high. Why not wait until a time that you won't need to worry?

Do not take a psychedelic if you'll have to worry about others not noticing.
Wait for when you are with friends whom you trust and can openly say what you're on.

Unless your dealer has a direct connection from a chemist, most chances are that s/he doesn't know the real amount of LSD in the tabs. Try to find out from others who have taken similar tabs whether they recommend half or one.
Personally, I'd say better take a full one than risk being disappointed by a weak half. But ideally, you should obtain more than one tab so that you can first try one half, and still have a full one to take on another day if you were disappointed.