• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Am I allergic to weed?

OGSnaps

Bluelighter
I've recently noticed that a lot of the time when I smoke, I start sneezing, over and over again, I sometimes get a runny nose, and even itchy eyes sometimes. I do have cats, and I used to have really bad allergies to them, but it's gone away over time. I'm really used to symptoms like this just being there all the time, so it's not something I really think about at all (especially when i'm high) except for recently, because I thought about it once when I smoked and now i'm noticing it happens almost every time I smoke. It does go away after 5-10 minutes after I smoke.

I've been smoking weed for about 4 years, and I used to not smoke as much, but now I usually smoke every day. Maybe I just didn't really notice until now? Maybe it's just different kinds of weed that give me allergies. Is it even possible to be allergic to weed?

Sounds like an allergy to me, man...I?m sorryvto say...
And yes, allergies to cannabis are possible. My roommate is allergic.

I used to take pseudoephedrine prior to smoking (and this started back in the 80s) specifically because my nose would usually plug up. Nowadays I don't combust weed, I use a few other methods readily available (vape through heat, concentrates, etc) and I don't seem to get the nose plugging issues I used to.

So yes, definitely you could be allergic - however, it may more closely related to the *smoking* part and not weed itself.

I used to take pseudoephedrine prior to smoking (and this started back in the 80s) specifically because my nose would usually plug up. Nowadays I don't combust weed, I use a few other methods readily available (vape through heat, concentrates, etc) and I don't seem to get the nose plugging issues I used to.

So yes, definitely you could be allergic - however, it may more closely related to the *smoking* part and not weed itself.

I think OP is more concerned about a runny nose, I've only ever gotten what you describe from smoking, a plugged up nose. It happened more when I started smoking and not much now, unless I blow a lot of smoke out my nose or something then it gets more congested. I did switch to almost exclusively vaping close to a year ago but it was the same situation when I hit the bong.

Runny nose & itchy eyes does sound more like an allergy to me since based on our experiences pot is more likely to cause congestion, not the opposite. OGSnaps, have you tried taking an antihistamine before toking to see if it reduces the negative effects? Not a long-term solution but it could provide some confirmation

Salutations OGSnaps,

...when I smoke...

Ah, so in fact you have 2 problems and 1 major.

...sneezing, over and over again... ...runny nose, and even itchy eyes...

Sounds familiar. Does sucking a strong piece of gum as Dentyne Ice "Intense" bring any relief at least for a couple minutes?

Is it even possible to be allergic to weed?

There we go again... Yes, but then who can garantee it's really from consuming cannabis in such a multi-toxic context??

Think "1-Hitter" vaporization as with the DynaVap, or some older devices as the VapoCane, etc.

Good day, have fun!! =D