• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Which combination of these will calm me down fastest?

Ripplyuk

Bluelighter
I've been having a strange health issue which I'm getting some tests for next week. I also have anxiety in general so right now I'm terrified. My doctor said they'd give me something to help reduce this anxiety but all they gave me was a few diazepam pills of 2mg!!! I've had 10mg before for dentist appointments which barely calmed me down so I know this will not help.

I've heard that grapefruit juice or alcohol will increase the effects but I'm not sure what would be best or if that would even be enough. I also have access to chlorphenamine, oxcarbazepine, amitriptyline, baclofen, Oxynorm and Thorazine. I'm so anxious that I'm tempted to take a whole mix of these but I know that might be dangerous. Could anyone tell me what which of these would be best to take for maximum effect with the least risk?

Baclofen mixes well with valium for me, greatly increasing it's effectiveness.

Though 2mg of valium is an extremely low dose, I'd be careful mixing baclofen with any benzo.

For me Baclofen has anxiolytic properties of it's own, and for me works just as well if not better than Valium with anxiety. (I'm on 80mg atm with a high tolerance, and I still think it works better than any benzo I've ever taken)

What I did was take 50mg of baclofen and 10mg of valium, at this amount it would honestly inebriate me when I was without such a high tolerance

I'm not sure why, but baclofen only kicks in after I would eat something if I took it on an empty stomach.
So usually I'd Take the baclofen, wait an hour or so, eat a grapefruit and then 15 minutes later take the valium sublingually
I honestly think the grapefruit is just placebo for me, (it seems to have a benzo like placebo effect when I eat it without taking anything)

Baclofen is great, I take it about every other day to every 3 days to help combat alcoholism and anxiety, and it's been fairly successful. My anxiety is at 0. It's like my brain finally found it's equilibrium. I take 5 day breaks when I think I may be running the risk of becoming dependent.

tl;dr try taking 20-30mg of baclofen, wait an hour, eat a grapefruit or something, and then sublingually take 2mg of valium and see if that helps. Or phenibut would work as well.

Last edited:
I would have gone the oxynorm personally and forget the valium.

I would have gone the oxynorm personally and forget the valium.

I meant taking both together. Would oxynorm on its own get rid of anxiety? I know people take it recreationally but I don’t need to get high or anything. I just want calmness. Its driving me nuts.

I don't see that you would need to combine these. Amitriptyline by itself is sedating and would calm you down.

Don't use Thorazine unless it's medically necessary.

You would want to use care in mixing oxynorm, baclofen and diazepam because together, they can contribute to CNS depression.

I will piggyback and totally agree with T.'s mention of using caution when dealing with multiple CNS depressants. You have access to both an Opioid in Oxycodone and a Benzodiazepine in the form of Diazepam (Valium). You're right that 2mg Diazepam is a rather small dosage. You don't often see other Benzodiazepines prescribed in equipotent dosages for some reason, but it's not unheard of.

By using a reasonable quantity of Diazepam, say, not higher than 20mg at most to start and a dosage of 5mg-10mg Oxycodone, unless your tolerance is higher. A combination in this range should be enough to anesthetize most folks or at the very least, mitigate anxiety and all of those pesky "bad thoughts".

I personally wouldn't use any of these other drugs. The combination of these two is sufficient. I feel like, even if you add a sedating antihistamine into the mix, which isn't really dangerous, you will still end up severely intoxicated. Keep in mind the concept of synergy, which works in the same fashion as the Richter Scale in that the more different drugs you introduce into your body, the greater the intoxication than if you were to simply examine the sum parts of a given situation.

If the effect you are looking for then I wouldn't recommend mixing unless it's necessary.

I suggest baclofen by itself. It won't fuck you up and dependence on it isn't as common as the other drugs mentioned. If it's not helpful then it would probably be okay to mix a small amount of chlorphenamine in as well.

As for the oxynorm, valium, and alcohol, they can help (highly advice against mixing), but are pretty addictive and would get you high. The rest you shouldn't worry about.

If the effect you are looking for then I wouldn't recommend mixing unless it's necessary.

I suggest baclofen by itself. It won't fuck you up and dependence on it isn't as common as the other drugs mentioned. If it's not helpful then it would probably be okay to mix a small amount of chlorphenamine in as well.

As for the oxynorm, valium, and alcohol, they can help (highly advice against mixing), but are pretty addictive and would get you high. The rest you shouldn't worry about.

Right, I really don't think it can be said enough, that if you do desire to use drugs like Benzodiazepines as aids to your functionality, it needs to be done at the lowest dose as possible. People could stay out of trouble more often if they wouldn't take a stance that if prescribed, the Benzodiazepine needs to relieve their anxiety entirely, when really, they should be doing part of the work. By not completely and totally relying on the Benzodiazepine, you can make some progress with your anxiety.

People actually trying to be responsible and not let the drugs do all of the work are really, just as rare as prescribers who actually prescribe within the universally-accepted medical guidelines. Dosage as low as possible and not for longer than 14 days at most.