• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

A great way to get high in a financial bind. (Making dab edibles from resin)

aLinkToTheAss

Bluelighter
I was bored the other day, and had a cool idea to try while cleaning a pipe. It was covered in resin, so I soaked in isopropyl alcohol (everybody usually has some somewhere), which is fairly common place in pipe cleaning. I let it soak a bit longer, to really make sure all the thc would dissolve in the alcohol. DO NOT DRINK THIS! Filter out the gunk through a coffe filter, into a vessel to boil down the alcohol carefully. Boil it low, to decarboxilate the thca into thc, without vaporizing it. Unless you want to just hit the beaker like a bong. Don?t actually do that, as there is very dangerous alcohol vapor. I tried it once without any other chemicals once, and it made for a funny picture though.
Patience is key here. The lower you boil the solution, the stronger, and less nasty tasting the product. Once it?s been ruled in volume by around 60 to 80% it probably best to let evaporate in an oven, no higher than 280F, or better yet, let sit over night in a warm area to evaporate. You should be left with a low quality cannabis extract, that will be a bitch to get off the pan you evaporated it in. You have been warned. You can melt it into butter, ethanol (drinking alcohol), potentially milk (haven?t tried this), and any other good solvent you can think of. I just melted it directly on to some crackers (carful melting, as to avoid vaporizing once again. I used a microwave). If you have the balls, you could just eat it. It?s also perfectly smokable in theory, but I might not want to put such impure dab through a nice rig, if you want to keep it looking fine. Good luck, and be carful. Eating straight decarbed concentrates of even shitty quality frequency caches the inexperienced toker off guard. Let me know if it works for all you ass well as it did for me.

True and true. Probably won’t burn my house down for a while, but the resin is a good point. Burn the fumes, while boiling with a Florence or Erlenmeyer flask (something with a narrow neck), and it should be counterintuitively safer. Just let evaporate if your more patient than I am, and it should be decarbed though. Thanks.