• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids PAWS? Very confused.

Bloc91

Greenlighter
I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this kind of question, but anyways...here it goes.

I?ve dabbled in opiates and opioids over the years and recently, after my most prolonged period of abstinence since my first use (I didn?t use for about a year), I recently began chipping on Hydrocodone, using for around a 2 week period at a time, the last 3 months or so.

About a month ago, I began experiencing panic attacks and as of a few weeks ago, have seen a recurrence in my depression. I?m very confused and am starting to attribute my symptoms to PAWS. Am I wrong in doing so? Only once in my life have I ever had to physically kick an opi habit and that was 4 years ago after using for only 10 days in a row? Could PAWS be setting in this quickly and without physical dependency? Any information would be extremely helpful.

Theory No1.
Do you think the opiates have been masking all ready occurring symptoms of anxiety and depression? What is your history with treatment for those disorders? Have they been treatable in the past?

Theory No2.
Look up ?kindling?. Since you?ve stated you have dealt with full blown withdrawl before, it could be possible you?re body doesn?t need to hit the opiates as hard anymore to experience withdrawl symptoms (but since you stated that that ocuured some years ago I?m leaning more toward theory no. 1, but that doesn?t exclude the possibility of no. 2).

Do you have a history of these conditions?
Falling into substance abuse involves a lot of things it might just be a trigger for your depression.

I’ve had depression since adolescence, as well as OCD, but these panic attacks are a fairly new thing. I’ve experienced them before, but nothing like the severity and frequency I’ve been experiencing lately. I’m struggling really hard to find the true correlation here and the Hydrocodone I’ve been effing with lately is the only thing I can think of.

First thing I would recommend is having control over the only thing that helps you and try not burning thru it and I would consider tapering down your dose until you figure out how the handle the depression and panic