View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping at theme park?

Rollinginclouds

Greenlighter
Planning on going to pleasure beach Blackpool with a good friend, we both intend to take acid and possibly a weed edible aswell, we are both very used to being on drugs in busy places with people we dontknow, infact we tend to find it quite funny so that wont be a problem. Though Im not sure what it would be like to ride rollercoasters tripping, is it safe? Should we build up to the big rides or start off with the biggest? Any tips would be useful, thanks.

Last edited:
I did that once, and it was a big mistake. Theme parks are not a good environment for tripping, IMO.

It honestly depends who you are. I recommend dose before going to the park so you're already feeling it by the time you get there so you don't have to deal with the come up in the park

I did that once, and it was a big mistake. Theme parks are not a good environment for tripping, IMO.

ha ha, I second that. When I was a teenager I used to trip with my brother quite often. He was a great tripping buddy. Then he went and took mushrooms at Disneyland with some classmates and they both ended up having a nightmare trip. He's sworn off psychedelics since then. I lost a tripping buddy cause of that; fuck you Mickey mouse.

I suppose on the tail end of a trip an amusement park might be fun though, but I'd avoid coming up or peaking while at an amusement park. That doesn't sound fun to me at all.

I did it at a 2 day waterpark pass. Dropped a tab first day and it was really fun. The 2nd day I took 3 tabs and it was, you guessed it, more fun! hah I remember this slide where it ends as a big bowl and you slide around it until you drop out the bottom into pool. TRIPPY AS FUCK lmao.

I tripped at a amusement park. Rides, rollercoasters etc and it was much less fun. I would have rather drank some beers throughout the stay then be tripping. Having my head being tossed around whilst tripping I didnt find too much fun.

So my opinion? Water park-Yes. Mechanical ride park-No.

Last edited:
Yes water rides do seem much more appealing might go and just avoid the big rollercoasters untill later or just not ride them at all, really just want to ride vallhalla tripping lol.

When I was younger I had some amazing times at themeparks with good friends on mushrooms. Now days trips are just to heavy and introspective so i do them at home alone, when I'm in public tripping at an event or whatever now I usually just say "this is stupid" and want to go home to trip in comfort

I would say keep the dose low, no more than 70 ug. leave the weed out until the comedown

Thirded that; I always get really anxious around non-tripping people. Better to be at home where I have music and picture books and drinks within easy reach!

I recall a vice article where someone took acid in an abandoned theme park one night. They actually did a series documenting different places and situations where people took acid. London Fashion Week On Acid was really funny, and the aquarium one looked pretty cool.

Maybe you can do this and be fine, you do you, but in general LSD + edibles + theme park is an absolute recipe for disaster and is a situation that should be avoided by almost everyone. I certainly wouldn't do it.

I think it's really the indole (correct term?) Tryptamine (DMT and analog molecule based) and lysergamide combo that tends to cause to push people over the edge

I have to agree with the above it depends on who you are. I went to Six flags a few years back out of my mind on many different things on multiple occasions. I had the time of my life it was awesome.

At first i thought i was too old to attend a theme park anymore but I think now days i might say its the only way i will go. The first time was kinda crazy but after the first ride and rush then i was pretty eased into it . . . Waiting in line without a smoke might suck just fyi . .I think that might be the only thing.

I love tripping at six flags...generally lower dosages. I had an awesome time on 2mg DOC and all the rollar coasters a few years ago. I'd do it again should the opportunity arise. All one needs to do is wear some sunglasses and remember that...it's all in the mind, ya know?

Roller coasters I assume? What kind? I bet the vekoma flying type where they lay you down on your back then flip you over at the top of the lift hill as you fall out of the seat into the restraints would be epic... The B&M flyers not as much unless it was tatsu. The 4D type rides where the seats can roll would be hella fun.... I don't consider the coastetball type ones 4d as the track only utilizes two dimensions. Pretty much any roller coaster with hight and a long layout would be epic. Any wooden GCI especially those retracked by RMC as well as many RMC retracked woodie would be epic. Things like The Voyager at Holiday world or the Raven would be fun too...

I could imagine hella coasters that would be fun to trip on.

YMMV. I think that a trip to a theme park on 2C-D or 4-AcO-MET would be delightful. LSD...maybe a light dose, or during the comedown, or at night...I certainly couldn't combine with edibles, but to each their own. A deeper psychedelic like psilocybin or 2C-E in that don't would be terrible for me.