• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

15mg codeine phosphate...how many is safe?

wheaters

Bluelighter
So ive recently got my hands on some 15mg perscribed codeine phosphate tablets. They only say they contain codeine phosphate (obviously) and lactose.

No APAP or anything nasty like that, just being such a low dose per pill if im swallowing 10 of these things is that safe?

Fyi i realise i probs sound like a total noobie right now just im used to higher dose pills and/or CWE. Swallowing so many pills just makes me cringe a little ha!

Thanks for the future replies as always! <3

You should stick taking your normal dose as it doesn't matter whether you take CWE'd codeine/APAP or plain codeine.

u could do a cwe anyways to remove the binders and still get a good dose..

Ah ok ;) it was more to ask if the binder would do me any harm in high dosages :).

Binders dont do much at all mate. Youll prolly get a bit constipated but thatll happen with codeine anyway.

Yea, get out of here newbie! We only allow serious, bloodthirsty addicts to even glance at our Harm Reduction forums. You will be lucky to make it out of here alive.

I'm only joking of course Wheaters, we're happy to help. The issue is, you haven't given us a lot of information regarding your tolerance to Opioids, given your fairly casual statement of swallowing 10 pills that you must have a tolerance. At any rate, the minimum lethal dose for oral Morphine is 200mg unless you happen to be hypersensitive and Codeine. Codeine is demethylated into Morphine at a rate of approximately 10% (again, it varies), which leaves us with an approximate dosage of Morphine; 15mg.

At any rate, 15mg of Morphine is not anything to worry about. Even if you were hypersensitive to Codeine, you should still be well in the safe zone. The binders are irrelevant in pills that are not designed for controlled-release when taken by the oral route. Hope this helps.

A 2nd gen antihistamine may be a good idea if you ren't used to codiene, the histamine release can be crazy-and check out an opioid converter or post your tolerance/usual dosage -peace love and stuff