• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New Canuck here.

HarryKeery

Greenlighter
Good day to all.

A newbie to the forums here. 44 year old Canadian from Nova Scotia.

Have been browsing these forums from time to time over the years out of interest, and thought I'd finally plug in.

Seems to be a ton of great members.

Hope you're all well as can be this fine day.

Hey harry, glad you piped up the courage to open an account :)

Welcome from us all here. You enjoying the Olympics? ;)

What's your drug of choice?

Thanks very much, CFC, I appreciate the welcome.

I've been enjoying the Olympics for sure, how about yourself? I'm very much looking forward to the men's hockey finals.

I am an Oxycodone man.

Hey man welcome to bluelight, how's the great white North this time of year?

Mmm oxy's

Thanks very much, bptubbs! We be doing fine up here sir. As always, barring our meathead of a dreaming prime minister. I suspect there's a lot of that type of leadership going around.

Yeah, I ended up off and on prescribed oxy's due to some injuries and the like. Been off them, but with chronic pain, ended up back on them. And of course to be 1000000% honest, a lot of the time, it doesn't exactly hurt the one remaining "feeling" I possess to be on them. As someone who's taken (or so it would appear) oxy, I'm sure you greatly understand that lovely warm glow.

I was off of them for a year. A great many things just weren't as rewarding. I tried pain management alternatives, pain clinics and the like. So in reality, here's my situation:

I genuinely suffer from a pile of chronic pain. Need something for pain control.

That being said? I'm dependent and addicted to them, no qualms there. And frankly?

I fucking love 'em most of the time.

They've created problems for me a couple of times in my life, but more so due to poor relationship structure.

Well.........that and as you may know.....the wonderful journeys of opiate withdrawl when one mismanages their prescription and dosages.

Yeah alot of that going around lol, we elected Trump for God's sake. I was more a morphine guy, but I do enjoy oxy considerably. I know all to well how hideous withdrawal is.

I hear you there sir. I actually started out with morphine for the first month or so. I found the oral morphine sulfate to be pretty weak and ineffective for pain, but IV Morphine? Yep. Pretty fantastic.

Morphine is an odd one, it's a different high than most other opies.

Yes, it is that, speaking from a "high" standpoint. I can of course only speak for myself, but I find myself less "reflective" or "inward" than I do with oxycodone. Hydromorph, for me (had a brief flirting with that when they were trying to work out my pain control) is horrible. It induces quite a bit of dysphoria for me, and just general exhaustion.

EDIT* When I first had an accident, they had quite a time working out what was best for me (had some serious injuries in back, neck, groin, abdomen). They pretty much ran the full gambit on me. Codeine, hydromorph, tramadol, ketorelac, fentanyl, morphine, oxycodone, you know the drill.

I think it's because it's more of a body high, I'm able to stay a little more coherent with morphine than I can on oxy.

Well put! I never thought of it that way. For myself, oxy focuses me like nothing else, really. But it usually focuses me on all the wrong things, albeit intensely.

They say morphine is the closest to heroin, which makes sense considering h is just morphine with an extra acetyl group.

By the sounds of it, you know far more about the composition/chemical elements of said substances than I. I can only attest to anecdotal experiences; I know nothing past the basics of the formulations and how they interact with our bodies etc. %)

It's all good lol, practical experience is worth more ime. I've got alot of that too lol. Not really a chemistry guy, but it does interest me.

Right on. I find the concepts of it pretty interesting myself. I've just never really sat myself down and learned, as such. I think i'd get far too caught up in it were I to apply myself that way hahahaha. For me, some things are better left untouched LOL

I would've said the same thing 2 years ago, meth does some odd things to ya lol, one of which is learning random things.

I've actually not tried Meth, only heard the stories and had a few friends etc. I can certainly attest to their "randomness" hahahaha :)

It's great until you go crazy lol, then it's pretty bad.

Quite possibly lol, it's very fitting for meth though. That's usually the end result.