• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Canadian Codeine - No imprint

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew
I came across a bottle of Life brand acetaminophen, caffeine , and codeine.

White oblong pills with no imprint.

I'm not asking for ID, I just want to know if codeine can be sold and bought in CA without an imprint ?

Available w/o Rx in Canada. But not for long, according to the Toronto Star. Ok, that was in 2015.

OK, here's a link to the Canada pharm scomething, I think in effect as of November.

Codeine is Rx, but codeine in preparations is exempt. So cough syrups and +APAP pills, etc.

Edit: cause they'd still have an imprint. Don't want to look like a random multivitamin.

Last edited:
Have lived in Alberta, BC, Manitoba, Ontario, NWT, Yukon, New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia. I've purchased OTC Acetominophen (generic from many different pharmacies) with Codeine and Caffeine, and OTC Aspirin (222's generic) with Codeine and Caffeine.

Many times, neither of these had markings or stamps on them; particularly the Aspirin based tablets. This being said, I've not purchased any for quite some time, and am not at all certain the rules regarding this. Simply stating that I've bought many untampered, directly over the counter packages of both from Canadian pharmacies, none of which have been marked or stamped in any way.

I never like to assume, but just for the hell of it, I will. If you've come into some, and are absolutely unclear as to their markings, packaging or such, please do not take them. Yes, I know this probably goes without saying, but I have to say this: I've never posted in these forums until this very post. And I am doing so as per having lost a friend due to him taking medication which he "thought" or was "told" was something else. He didn't do very well with it, as he's precisely dead.

EDIT* Also, just to note, as per the post above, regarding "Canadian Pharmasomething" etc. etc. Such things are heavily dictated by our Province's individual Colleges of Physicians and Surgeons, and as such, the illustration above is regarding the Ontario regulations, not federally mandated ones. Depending on where you're residing, such regs may vary. One still does not need a script in Nova Scotia to purchase OTC Acetominophen or Aspirin with Codeine, providing the Codeine dosage does not exceed 8mg, and it must be accompanied by 15mg of Caffeine so as to prevent abuse.

Last edited:
^ Thanks for the reply

They came in the manufactures bottle, but I'm from the US, so seeing codeine without an imprint was a little surprising.

Otc tablets don’t have to have an imprint( in Canada?) though, it seems odd 1w/out one, would be weary, and BLers can only speculate ( as you well know :) )

Codiene should be otc, and it should have an imprint though-unless it is syrup, although imprinted syrup would be pretty neat

Alright Good Luck with this

I gave up on Canadian law (after linking the scheduling for opioid products) after like half an hour, when I realized I was looking up Canadian laws on labeling things. The canadian drug product database is pretty fantastic, but the images I wanted didn't seen to work. I found a manufacturer of codeine combo tablets in Quebec, but they don't say what their imprint might be.

And google image search for pill imprints might as well be shopping for laundry detergent packets. The multi-colored-swirl tablets are pure super-fent.

I thought, maybe none of their drugs have imprints, because they'd be 10g of excipient just to fit "codeine" and "codeine with an accent on the e so it's french".

ETA: I did see google images of Life Brand packaging, but I didn't see it come up in the canadian drug product database and the "we're not from the government" skin of that database. They (CDPD) included the Logos for what they say are ALL the drugs, but it was only a dozen.

Last edited:
^ :)

There are only about a dozen: Clonazolam, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Flualprazolam,valium flunitrozolam(?) also coca(cola)

Morphine, Diamorphine, Dihydroheroin, dihydrmorhinone/codonone, Methadone, Buprenorphine, Nalaxone, DXM, METHamphetamine and lisdexaftemine, coca leaf, another one who's name cannot remember, oh Oxycodone and morphone, temazepam phenobarbital meprobamate(prodrug) estazolam hydrixyzine LSD, etizolam,,caffeine and nicotine (Codiene barely counts, and not all available in every province

Update, They turned out to be legit.

I wouldnt suggest doing this unless they came in the manufactures bottle, like mine did.

This bottle had english and french on it, I don't know if that's an ALL Canada thing, or just a Quebec thing.

Pretty sure it's a Quebecois tiny fanatic thing imposed on the whole country. Sort of like how our gun laws, or Trump, are imposed on us by fanatics in red states.

I also meant only a dozen drug manufacturers' logos (not imprints)were listed, and I'm amazed at what your spellcheck can and can't handle, Lorne.

HarryKeery: you live in Nova Scotia? What's that like? In my head there's an image of a friendlier, colder, sheep-herding/cod-fishing Maine. Maine without Stephen King.

Last edited:
I use two different devices

I'm amazed at your snarkiness, mean(yet cute) cat thing

Acetaminophen, caffeine, and codeine is indeed sold OTC in most parts of Canada, usually 325mg APAP/15mg caffeine/8mg codeine phosphate per pill.

I think Manitoba has banned non-prescription sales though and there has been rumblings of a ban on non-prescription OTC sales federally too.

As for abusability, they really aren't, 'cause they have 2x the amount of caffeine as compared to codeine, so ingesting ~100mg of codeine will also give you ~200mg caffeine. And there's no real way to remove the caffeine without some heavy duty solvents.

^ Your the one person I would trust on both Canadian otc semi -abusable opioids and how to get rid of that pesky and soluble caffeine-which can do some weird stuff-Actually 100mg codiene and 200mg caffeine seems terrible; a quarter gram of codiene +half a gram of caffeine would be a disaster piece, though that would require over 50 tablets, and a super CWE - dhc/apap combos seem more practical

I've been dissed before, and I know what flattery smells like anyway.

But Lorne. These whole eight weeks or so, a lifetime for a red blood cell, yet still no trust?

^ My red blood cells have been heartbroken too many times :(

You need to detect sarcasm/irony better friend-make a Canadian joke or two, then a Canadian mad scientist comes up, and points out that there is double the caffeine- Well I didn't know that, and my chest heels heavy as we speak, and since accident al ingestion of caffeine while dangerously low on the medication you that keeps me alive(you know the medication you tease me about?) causes disaster--it's stimulating effects, and a mild GABA antagonist, terrible, just terrible

Cut me some slack, I am going through the ringer trying to stay distracted in between my body wringing and fighting itself, not quite quite able to go full -clonic on me, yet just waiting for the opportunity, and my mind is so fucked I am on the verge of the shadow people

Ok your about my spell check, it turned cut into "cyt " 3 times, yet turns cyt into cut- I am not fucking joking, if even just randomly did cit, which also normally turns to cut

Funny story, I won a spelling bee-they made me take a couple of gifted classes, even though I slept through them or otherwise went out for a smoke cuz I thought I was cool �� so did the spelling bee for the hell of it, of course U was to cool to go to a regional, actual spelling bee, so they took the runner up-some preppy smart girl-

Ok don't even know wtf I am talking about, point is if my inflections are not clear or my asymmetrical wit not landing, that is why-you could buy me a a card, or a Space Ghost figure-my friend, one true friend, went to Dragon Con, and almost got it, but didn't;THAT hurt my red blood cells- Are we alright?