• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Can Cannabis HELP DP/DR?

ThomasD

Bluelighter
I hear everybody talking about drug induced depersonalization, especially Cannabis. I've been a daily toker for a couple of years, recently been spacing out my sessions a lot more. After a long time not knowing of the condition, a few days ago I realized I've suffered from DP/DR for as long as I can remember. Now my question is this - does anybody use Cannabis FOR DP/DR instead of Cannabis being the cause itself? I've noticed since toking less that i'm considerably more dissociated when I'm not high. I remember these feelings long before weed came along as well. I just find it strange that nobody has talked about weed HELPING DP/DR and not the other way round.

Heres another small question I have. Does DP/DR have anything to do with some issue with NMDA? The reason I ask this is because literally every single symptom, including sensory, match up with Ketamines effect profile, except Euphoria and full body Anaesthesia. Is this not coincidence? I understand NMDA Antagonists are dissociatives so are obviously going to cause these symptoms, I just find it bizzare that every effect, even sound feeling as though it is coming from any direction, is nearly identical to NMDA Antagonism.

I wondered if I perhaps have Less NMDA than I should have?

I found Ketamine felt EXTREMELY familiar to me, I understand Deja Vu is an effect but It felt like something i'd already experienced even at low doses. I didn't feel very different to usual because i'm so used to being confused and detached from myself and my surroundings all the time anyway.

I hear everybody talking about drug induced depersonalization, especially Cannabis. I've been a daily toker for a couple of years, recently been spacing out my sessions a lot more. After a long time not knowing of the condition, a few days ago I realized I've suffered from DP/DR for as long as I can remember. Now my question is this - does anybody use Cannabis FOR DP/DR instead of Cannabis being the cause itself? I've noticed since toking less that i'm considerably more dissociated when I'm not high. I remember these feelings long before weed came along as well. I just find it strange that nobody has talked about weed HELPING DP/DR and not the other way round.

Heres another small question I have. Does DP/DR have anything to do with some issue with NMDA? The reason I ask this is because literally every single symptom, including sensory, match up with Ketamines effect profile, except Euphoria and full body Anaesthesia. Is this not coincidence? I understand NMDA Antagonists are dissociatives so are obviously going to cause these symptoms, I just find it bizzare that every effect, even sound feeling as though it is coming from any direction, is nearly identical to NMDA Antagonism.

I wondered if I perhaps have Less NMDA than I should have?

I found Ketamine felt EXTREMELY familiar to me, I understand Deja Vu is an effect but It felt like something i'd already experienced even at low doses. I didn't feel very different to usual because i'm so used to being confused and detached from myself and my surroundings all the time anyway.

In my personal experience, cannabis has only made the situation worse and was part of the reason for my demise both the first time and post recovery. The reason I think is because the effects off cannabis can make you feel incredibly detached as is which is one of the main symptoms of DP/DR. I only wish that i had never touched it or any other substances (Ecstacy/N20) because it has made recovery for the 2nd time nearly impossible. So pretty much it may be different for you or a lot of other people but my simple answer is that it has done nothing but make it 50x harder to recover.

Fair enough if thats the case for you mate. Personally I actually feel more connected to the world after a smoke, for example when I go outside at night when i'm not high I feel threatened and on edge and the world doesn't seem real. When I light up everythings back to normal :)