View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOC-good for microdosing?

sin_is_synthetic

Bluelighter
Curious if anyone here has used this in this context and what dosage was optimal for below thresh hold effects?

I'm curious about this one as well. Never tried microdosing DOC over extended periods of time but have taken small doses plenty of times. I got a bottle of DOC solution at 1 mg/mL laying around and now and again when I need a little boost I'll take a single drop of the solution, so I'm estimating anywhere between 50 - 100 micrograms, and I swear even at that low dosage I can feel a slight effect suggesting that maybe I'm taking too much. I'd start at less than 50 micrograms daily and see if that is enough for you if nobody else has more reliable data and trials to go on. I might try this myself too soon some day.

I've microdosed DOC anywhere from 10-30 times?

If you're looking for the expanded creativity and perception of microdosing mushrooms or LSD, it's not really a great substitute. If you're looking for a nervous system uplifting, stimulant-ish microdose, it's pretty good. However, I find it manifests as anxiety pretty easily, just like DOC does at regular doses, if you're not really busy and physically active.

Dosage wise, past 200-300 ug it starts to get too stimulating, distracting, and anxious. I'd recommend 25-150ug? Shit is strong.

Oh, and I just read "below threshold effects". If you're going to try and microdose it where you can't feel anything, good luck, you're going to need to take less than 50ug.

Final edit: I end up regretting microdosing it about half or over half the time I do. That's how easily it can lead to anxiety and general discomfort IME.

Yeah I was definitely mis-speaking by saying below theshhold.

Okay so it looks like more it could serve as a useful stimulant but not creativity booster? Thats good to know

I find it to produce an increase in inspiration and creativity, but in a more focused, stimulant way than LSD or tryptamines. I pretty much agree with psy otherwise. It's good for microdosing but the bodyload makes it less good than LSD for it. And by bodyload I mean that anxious stimulation that happens unless you're physically active.

Yea. It's still increases inspiration and creativity. But, that doesn't mean shit to me if I'm too anxious to be creative in the first place.