• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hi guys and gals quick question

JohnD267

Greenlighter
I was addicted to Percocet for about 2 years . Went on zubsolv 5.7 three times a day and it got me off the Percs. Over a year I was down to a tiny piece of the sub prob 1-1.5mg and I just hated the stuff . It ruined my sex life etc etc just so over it . I detxed off sub with Vicodin 7.5 four times a day it's been three weeks now so the sub is gone and I will not go back ! My senses are back , taste , sex with wife has been great etc . I'm not taking the Vicodin like I would have back in the day I'm actually using them as a tool . My friend was a heroine addict at one point in his life and he told me sub was worse to get off than H . The Vicodin I know is a lot less potent than the sub so I'm now weening or maybe saying F it and just go cold turkey. At this point the whole thinking of pills disgust me . I have a business to run and just want this crap to be over . Am I making sense here

I get your point but i don?t see a question. If you have the will power to not abuse them keep tapering slow, or if you want it to be over quick just take a few days off and cold turkey. You?ll probably feel like shit for 3-4 days and feel a little off for a week after but you should be able to function after a few days.

Well just keep weaning. You?re doing a good job even tho you are hindering yourself by taking hydros. But eh. You?ll get thru it.

I personally feel the Vicodin is a lot left potent I don?t even have a craving for them . I actually hate the feeling of them I feel like hell now . Been three weeks off subs was at about 1mg . I feel I need to grow a pair and just cold turkey the Vicodin now as I have done in the past . Feel like shit for a week

Man in my mind u have blown through the hardest part of quicking, which to me is getting over the drugs and TRULY wanting to stop. In my eyes, the fact that u were able to get past that part of quitting shows some damn good will power and some real strength in yourself man. From what it sounds like to me, u are more then capable and well strong enough to just cold turkey it. I mean hell u even have some extra motivation to quit cold because like u said, u hate the feeling they give u. So man I say go for the cold turkey, get this burden off ur shoulders and finally finish kicking the ass of ur addiction cause u have been doing a fine job it sounds like. Best of luck man, rooting for ya :)

You could cold turkey the Vicodin or schedule a taper off them, whichever you feel more comfortable with. Say instead of taking four a day, go down to two and then one. You will have some amount of discomfort but it shouldn't be terrible. Welcome to Bluelight, John. :)