• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opium tincture

Luveydove

Greenlighter
So I have an opium tincture homemade and not sure what to do with it. It smells horrible and tastes even worse. Along with it I also have thc tinture which pretty much smells and tastes the same. Does anyone have any experience with an opium tincture? It is in a 10 ml dropper bottle.

Hey there Luveydove! First off, welcome to Bluelight. We are always happy to have fresh blood injected into the community, pun most certainly intended.

We need more information dude. Opium is not really a pharmaceutical drug. Opium Tincture as it is sometimes called, in the modern formulary, is actually just Morphine solution.

How did you get this solution? I'm not trying to get you in trouble, but how do you know about the quality or potency of what you've got? Also, who knows if you made the solution correctly. Not trying to patronize. Could you please give us more information?

For reference, Opium typically contains, I believe ~15% Morphine and ~3% Codeine by weight. These numbers are approximate and obviously potency will vary.

My husband brought it home and said he found it...so yeah I have no idea what it really is other than the written label on it. I'm assuming it's old. It kinda has a licorice alcohol smell and taste. I've only tasted it and felt no effect. I have a opiate tolerance and was just kinda wondering about the stuff. The thc tincture smells and tastes the same but I'm not as concerned about that.

It's tough because we really can't even make an educated guess if you literally just found a bottle of Opium Tincture. It could be anything. I don't really see any practical way to help you with this. The best I can do is provide you with the guidelines above. It just requires some simple math, but this only applies if this is actually Opium Tincture. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but I doubt that it is actually Opium. Just my opinion.

I completely understand. My addict self just has a damn hard time throwing the stuff away because it says opium lol. I may try a few drops in tea and see if anything happens. I did try to vape the shit but it was the worst taste I nearly puked.

Well, I wouldn't try to vaporize it. I honestly think that that is probably the worst route to go. You mentioned that it is in a 10ml bottle. I'll help you out here with a little bit of drug math. As I stated above, consider Opium to be 15% Morphine by weight. Morphine, I believe, is only soluble at a rate of 60mg per ml. I think you can try a little bit and see what happens. I highly doubt that with a tolerance it will be too much for you.

Do let us know what happened. I'm curious as to how you came across this, but alas, tis against the rules.

Haha not how he got it. He was going through a foreclosed house and found all kinds of things. It was in a box with a bunch of incense and herbal stuff. Kinda sketchy I know but very curious still.