• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Opana(oxymorphone) & Heroin Comparison

Craig111384

Greenlighter
I originally got started with opiodz by using IV Heroin. I loved it, and when I moved I couldn't get it (this is like 13 years ago) and after getting off Methadone I started banging oxycodone & Dilaudid, preferably together. IT was the only thing that compared. That's until I finally figured out how to inject Opana in 2011. Nothings been the same since.

So my questions are -

If the conversion chart is right, a 40mg Opana is equivalent to .24g of Pure Heroin????? So, if someone was to say, inject 240mg of Opana a day, it's the same as 1.4+grams of Pure Heroin??????

Are there any other Oxymorphone fanatics out there?

How similar are they chemically?

How do I find out it's "binding affinity" to the Mu receptor?

I'm not really sure about this one. Sorry to neuroscience if this isn't your scene, but I'm sending it your way.

http://www.bindingdb.org/bind/chemsearch/marvin/MolStructure.jsp?monomerid=50001707 - LogP and affinity

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/oxymorphone#section=Names-and-Identifiers - pKa

You will need to use an on-line tool to check the pKa at physiological pH but that is the AD part that I presume you want.

https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01192 - CPY enzyme activity & removal from body.

And this is the metabolism, metabolic fate and removal. The ME part of the action that is just as important to understand.

It is everyone's right to make an informed choice. As such, I think it important to state that tablets are not designed for parenteral administration and can cause serious adverse effects. I already know enough people missing limbs because of the excipient's damage to the circulatory system. If you must, crush them up and swallow and if you really intend to inject, consider rectal administration. It is equally efficient in avoiding first-pass metabolism so the peak plasma levels will be within just a low, single-figure % and white it may take a matter of 15-30 minutes to take hold, I am lead to believe that it does produce a similar rush.

I don't think I need to detail all of the IV risks but be aware that fake Opana (ang generic oxymorphone) pills with fentanyl derivatives are turning up ever more frequently. That adds an extra dimension of risk. The risk levels are constantly shifting but it is within all of our nature to become confident that 100 real pills means that it must be less than a 1% chance of the next one being a fake. Every single time is as risky.

Don't drug drive, stay safe and have a good day.

If the conversion chart is right, a 40mg Opana is equivalent to .24g of Pure Heroin????? So, if someone was to say, inject 240mg of Opana a day, it's the same as 1.4+grams of Pure Heroin??????

How similar are they chemically?

Like hydromorphone, oxymorphone differs from morphine by having one of its rings saturated and the 6-hydroxy-group turned into a keto group. It also differs from hydromorphone through the addition of a hydroxyl at the 14-position, which makes it significantly more active as an opioid, but also much more susceptible to first-pass metabolism in the liver, giving it a very low oral bioavailability of just 10%.

What this means is that oxymorphone is extremely "attractive" to IV users because the tablets - being dosed for oral use, where 90% of the drug would immediately get washed out - become ridiculously strong when injected.

This has not escaped the attention of the FDA, however: Last year, they "asked" the manufacturer of Opana ER to "voluntarily" withdraw their product from the market. It is not unlikely that other oxymorphone-based products may meet a similar fate, or that at the very least doctors will become wary of prescribing it.
And that means you might not be able to ride the oxymorphone gravy train indefinitely. Oh, there will be plenty of "Opanas" on the black market, but as clubcard said you should expect more and more of these to turn out to be fentanyl-based counterfeits of unpredictable strength.

I also agree with clubcard that injecting any pill intended for oral use - particularly extended release ones - is generally an extremely unsafe proposition that could literally cost you an arm and a leg. Plugging (i.e. rectal adminstration) is a much safer method of drastically increasing the biovailability to about 50% (again, that's 5x as potent compared to oral administration), and even snorting can boost the BA to ~43%.