• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos is 2mg of xanax too much for someone with no benzo tolerance

KingKush

Greenlighter
Im gonna be trying xans for the first time this week(i know the risks and im still going through with it). im buying 2 bars(2mg each and ik its obvious but just in case any1 was gonna ask) and most of my friends who have done xans say if i have no benzo tolerance ill probably feel 1mg but i wont be "high" ill just feel relaxed so theyre telling me i should just pop a whole bar but apperently thats a big dose 4 some1 new 2 xans and i might/probably blackout.
u guys think 2mg is a good starting dose that i wouldn't blackout on?

ps. im gonna smoke alot of weed after i pop it 2 bc i heard benzos and weed mix well but just sayin incase it affects anything

Stray with a small test dose if you have never tried them, like 0.25-0.5mg wait at least 40 minutes and go from there; DO NOT Gober 2’mg regular alrazolam,(Xanax)!abd would start with 1mg, you can take more later

Good luck

^ That would be an excellent “test dose” however if he wants to be relaxed or have a buzz, then he’s gonna need to redose
However I personally don’t recommend getting or even trying to get “high on first time benzos, especially with xanax

Instead, go for relaxation and possible disinhibition; try maybe 0.25mg(half a block of a traditional 4 piece xanax bar) and then ~40 minutes later, you can double up, with another 0.5 if you are not hypersensitive or anything

And don’t take this the wrong way, however your friends may be loving, though doubt highly that they’re educated in even basic pharmacology or any other medical training; true, if you don’ Mix it with ANY OTHER MEDICATIONS WHATSOEVER a Xanax is unlikely to hurt you, however you may end up so high that you steal openly or do something stupid, and could get into trouble or even arrested; not to mention retrograde amnesia, so you won’t even remember how you got on the floor, or wtf you are even at-so popping something that is active at 0.125-25mg(making 2 bars literally up to 32x the threshold dose, or about ~80mg Valium) and it hits hard and fast, though even on an empty stomach it can take about 100 minutes or so to peak;

Anyway, this could be an overstated build up, just saying, start with a low dose , then you can redose while still under control, and work your way up to 1, or even 2mg, and it won’t take that long and will greatly reduce the risk of disaster. Remember that bar has 4 0.5mg sections for a reason (more rarely, 3 sections); because 0.5mg is like 1mg of Ativan though with a faster onset, or 5-10mg Valium, except a likely harder comedown- so stick with a block at a time until you learn(or at least get a feel for) how it effects you; if nothing else, please don’t take more than a bar, it is likely to put you to sleep and be waste, since 0.5–1mg is like a sleep med; a tester dose, and then a larger dose, and remember it takes more than 10-15 minutes to “feel” even a fast acting medication like alprazolam, and also that the effects can be subtle, and you’ll be , in all likelihood fine, and you may even enjoy this kind of experiment

Weed is unlikely to effect anything and is the one drug that is ok to take with xanax(unless marijuana, or the particular strain, is very relaxing to you and even helps you sleep, in which case, wait to time or you just increase the chances you fall asleep) otherwise it would be ok, *if* you start low, and redose if necessary or otherwise go from there; if you ignore my advice (and that of others) and just pop a bar, smoking weed is just adding one more variable to an unknown situation involving a fairly strong psychoactive drug- and you certainly don?t want to be disinhibited in public, wit weed or smoking it-again, it is otherwise ok, although please take your test dose(0.25-.5mg, or half of whatever you plan on taking) while still sober, again it can be Subtle, then again some people are quite sensitive to the effects-it is somewhat akin to a much smoother, less sloppy and more selective ethanol-ok done with another speech, sorry and have a good one 8)

I agree, first time I would start with .5 and see what that does for you. I?ve had anxiety attacks from smoking weed before and yes the alprazolam helped me calm down beautifully, perfect high. 1mg first time you will just wanna take a nap.

2mg with some good weed my first time taking xanax and I woke up the next morning remembering nothing.

Xanax often seems to affect people differently. With any new drug, take them in a place where you will be safe and comfortable, especially a drug that can cause blackouts & poor judgement. If you take those precautions 2mg will not hurt you.

Honestly, xanax isn't a very exciting drug anyways so I wouldn't too much. You will get sleepy, and tomorrow morning you won't remember a whole lot. Be safe man, have fun.

Everyone's different and there's a large variability, just like with other drugs. I feel that you should start with .5mg to get a feel for the drug. If you'd like, you can then escalate the dosage. 2mg is not out of the question, sure, but you don't want to go too high and end up in a blackout. I would say 2mg is your maximum possible dosage for your first time.

Im gonna be trying xans for the first time this week(i know the risks and im still going through with it). im buying 2 bars(2mg each and ik its obvious but just in case any1 was gonna ask) and most of my friends who have done xans say if i have no benzo tolerance ill probably feel 1mg but i wont be "high" ill just feel relaxed so theyre telling me i should just pop a whole bar but apperently thats a big dose 4 some1 new 2 xans and i might/probably blackout.
u guys think 2mg is a good starting dose that i wouldn't blackout on?

ps. im gonna smoke alot of weed after i pop it 2 bc i heard benzos and weed mix well but just sayin incase it affects anything

to drive yeah, to sit on your couch and watch a movie no its perfect.

I've blacked out on benzos before (with assistance from my old friend beer). Please keep in mind that not everyone gets "high" on benzos. I don't feel a damn thing until I'm suddenly sleep-walking. BTW, my first time with a Xanax blackout was also my first time getting arrested. It's really not fun being teleported mentally from a party to the county jail.

So go slow please. Feeling "somewhat calm, I guess. A bit clumsy maybe?" is not worth risking anything. And if you don't feel "high" after 1mg, just stop. It means you're just one of us many, WTF-benzos? people, who don't get "high" off them.

I've blacked out on benzos before (with assistance from my old friend beer). Please keep in mind that not everyone gets "high" on benzos. I don't feel a damn thing until I'm suddenly sleep-walking. BTW, my first time with a Xanax blackout was also my first time getting arrested. It's really not fun being teleported mentally from a party to the county jail.

So go slow please. Feeling "somewhat calm, I guess. A bit clumsy maybe?" is not worth risking anything. And if you don't feel "high" after 1mg, just stop. It means you're just one of us many, WTF-benzos? people, who don't get "high" off them.

I'm sure theres a story behind that one lol

I haven't been using benzos for months and I came across 3x 2mg Xanax XR so I decided to test if 6mgs is too much without tolerance. I hammered them into IR so there won't be a difference with normal bars.

Lets see how this ends up. It has been 40mins since I took them.

(I already know how this is going to end. I'll get an temp ban for live trip reporting.)

2mg is too much imo. .5mg is a good starting dose. But not a good idea regardless..

1.5h so it should have peaked and I haven't felt nothing...