• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol and SSRIs seratonin syndrome risk?

oxyloveUK

Bluelighter
How much tramadol is safe to take with things like prozac, zoloft, lexapro etc? Ive never gone above 250mg together and that gives me anxiety about it ruining the nice feeling, mixing it with hydrocodone now to get the same effect because im worried

I wouldn't even risk mixing the two.. Stick with the hydro if you can.

Officially contraindicated. As in not recommended.

Based on one case report, but that;s the official line.

What if you stopped taking the ssris for a couple days to take the tramadol then went back to the ssri's? I hit the jackpot with obtaining tramadol recently but cant take any of it for this reason. dont wanna stop the ssris completely because theyre helpful and seem to take weeks to work

Short answer, it would help.

Fill-in answer: a Tramadol jackpot is like a ____________ made of irony.

Long answer, no one knows any more the actual etiology of SS, so who can say? The half-life of sertraline/Zoloft is like 22 hours, so you'd need at least five days to clear your system. Prozac/fluoxetine might be even longer, and I think is one of the case studies, where an adverse event happened like a month later. Meanwhile brain zaps, and throwing off your entire therapy with risk of dead-meds.

Why would you want to? Because it's better than hydrocodone, for you? And really, it sounds like most people put Tramadol as about as exciting as a Vicodin, anyway, but with a maximum daily dose you have to actually pay attention to.

(Some might argue that the risk of seizure is actually lower than the risk of addiction-triggering from a Vicodin script. I will leave the relative harm from either of those events happening as an exercise for our Bluelight work-study interns.

((I also still don't know the relative seizure risk for Tramadol, and am suspicious its for special-people anyway. I think bupropion is as high as 4% for the ~500mg/day dosing. I don't know if that's one in every 20 users, or 20 scripts, or if each time with that dose your risk is 1 in 20. But it fits with being in the Hexen family.

(((Ms. Love, if I may, and this is not to find fault with this thread per se, other than the info you seek is contained in your other threads already. In checking what your deal with Tramadol was, I noticed that of 19 threads started, 8 are presently closed; 1 was closed but reopened, and 1 should have been closed.

I know you have more closed threads than I've ever started, and more closed threads than I think I've closed as a "mod." The California Dept. of Motor Vehicles sends a cheerful note when you get two points on your license in two years, asking you to take a moment and reflect on your habits. Then again, maybe not the best advice, since I did reflect, right into a four-year hard suspension.

I want to because it is as good as hydro or oxy in high doses but lasts alot longer for me and is MUCH easier to get more of, if that wasnt the case things would be a lot better and my therapy wouldnt have to get ruined, wouldnt have risks of seizures and the worst atypical withdrawal symptoms imaginable when stopping but thats the shitty nhs for you

Tramadol is very nasty and dangerous compared to the codeine family drugs (oxy, hydro etc), literally everyone I know who used it recreational has had a seizure. More people die from it in Northern Ireland than heroin so its ridiculous to call it safer and less addictive than oxycodone or hydrocodone