• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Yeah baby I like it RAW......

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
"Never believe fully in anybody else?s B.S. I don?t care if its Rajneesh, The Pope, L. Ron Hubbard, Al Gore, George Bush or I don?t care who it is, don?t swallow all of their belief system totally. Dont accept all of their bullshit.
The second rule is like unto to the first: Dont believe totally in your own B.S. Which means that, as Bucky Fuller said, "The universe consists of non-simultaneously apprehended events". NON-SIMULTANEOUSLY. The universe consists of NON-SIMULTANEOUSLY apprehended events. Which means any belief system or reality tunnel you've got right now is gonna have to be revised and updated as you continue to apprehend new events later in time. Not simultaneously.
This is the natural functioning of the human brain. It's the way children?s brains perform before they?re wrecked by the school system. Its the way the minds of all great scientists and artists work. But once you have a belief system, everything that comes in either gets ignored if it doesnt fit the belief system, or gets distorted enough so that it can fit into the belief system. You gotta be continually revising your map of the world.
Robert Anton Wilson.

Big fan of RAW and this quote is spot on and should inform any conscious seeker after truth or reality. However I've found that searching out reality is not always fun at all. In fact it's sad and ugly way more than makes me comfortable. Sometimes I wish I didn't know shit. Like RAW said or something like it. "I don't know what is truth but I have many suspicions".

I think the person that goes out of their way to hunt for the "truth" will always come across bad/dark things as that in my view is part of the balance of life.

That username taken from the Cosmic Trigger series I assume?

This is the natural functioning of the human brain. It's the way children?s brains perform before they?re wrecked by the school system. Its the way the minds of all great scientists and artists work. But once you have a belief system, everything that comes in either gets ignored if it doesnt fit the belief system, or gets distorted enough so that it can fit into the belief system. You gotta be continually revising your map of the world.
Robert Anton Wilson.

That's just a belief system in itself. You can't escape practicing theory of mind.

I believe it's possible to devise a philosophical system so tight that you never have to redo your axioms. It of course incorporates revisions to lesser opinions. And you don't need to speak logic to arrive at it.

Your axioms, Never fully believe anyone else, and never fully believe yourself, and that beliefs color everything is a strong base. All these axioms I have experienced myself. The most shocking event of my life is that I couldn't trust myself. That left me in depression for like five years.

I think your philosophy is successful if it prevents world-shattering system shocks to you.

I suggest the proper chronology to tightening your theory of mind is to study evil first, because that's where the identity destroying experiences come from.

One solution is to get out of mind entirely, by using other faculties.

Also, please don't double/triple/quandruple post, DJ S-H... if you have more to add please edit your post to add more.

There you go doing it again lol. Why not explain your POV rather than obfuscate it? Thus you are wrong in your self serving conclusion.