• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

5-MEO DMT God complex

JGrimez

Bluelighter
So a friend of mine recently got me a job working with him.
He took some 5meo-DMT (in Australia) and it has completely changed him. He unexpectedly quit his job and now all he says is that he has awakened to the next level of consciousness and has found his purpose, which is to help humanity elevate to the next level like him. He says he has power coursing through him into his hands which he claims can put people into a trance. I tried to explain to him that he may have been deceived, he listens and understands what I say but he is quite adamant that he is on the right path. He claims that he is God yet worryingly he cannot explain in detail what happened to him.

I'm really concerned for him and this wild change in his behavior and outlook. Has anyone witnessed anything similar and do you have any advice?

It is a really strange phenomenon that the delusions from both drug induced and non-drug induced psychosis so often have a person believing they are divine. Well, we are all divine so maybe that in itself is not the delusion.;)

The fact that he quit his job and is on this vague mission to move us all collectively to the next level is indeed worrisome for his life. I'm not sure what you can do besides remaining supportive as a friend. When people I love are delusional I try to look for places in the delusion that I can honestly connect with. I have a friend who became non-functional when she became obsessed with how poisoned our environment is. She went so far as to refuse to eat anything that had touched plastic, could not wear clothing that had been hung on plastic hangars, etc. I did not deny her central truth about a poisoned planet nor try to talk her out of it--but I did try to address the fact that she could not survive the intensity of her belief. She would have to choose to live in the world; not only live but find a way to be happy again in the world. Your friend has the same challenge.

Do you think if you were able to try to talk your way into his delusion (rather than trying to talk him out of it completely) that you could get anywhere with him? It's a hard situation. When you say he got you a job with him but he is no longer going to work does this mean your job is also in jeopardy?

No my job is safe it is just a little bit strange that he got it for me and then left suddenly after a couple of weeks. On the bright side I am next in line for his managerial position but obv I would much rather he return and take that position as a psychologically healthy person.

I did exactly as you described, I feel that I have a much more comprehensive grasp about what is happening to him that he does, after studying spirituality for almost a decade, and yeah a lot of what he is saying I definitely do agree with. If a job isn't "serving your purpose" then why do it, but the sudden and manic change is worrying. I asked him what he would do for $ and he looked up to the heavens and basically said trust and it will come... He keeps repeating the mantra "the answer is always yes". I did go to his level and attempt to dig down to the foundation of his new belief, and while remaining supremely confident, he was still unable to explain exactly what happened to him or where his "power" came from. If he does indeed have a 'power' I feel it came from negative forces, as that stuff usually takes years to cultivate after acquiring knowledge.

I know that everyone has their own path to take and hopefully he 'snaps' out of it soon or at the very least, eventually. I'll keep checking up on him and attempt to gently nudge him back onto a more realistic path where he is able to handle his daily affairs first.

You gotta get him on some psych meds. I had a psychosis and thought I was Christ until I gave my life over to Him and the delusion went away.

Don't think there's any way that's gonna happen, he thinks I'M crazy..

This is incredibly irritating. I really feel for you on this one, JGrimez.

My ex's son went off like that for a few years. I could barely hold a conversation with him without wanting to just completely come unhinged on him.

I hope this weans away, or at least becomes tolerable for you or such.

Tell him to look up experiences on the internet and he will find that all he did was breakthrough. Many of us have made it thru and back and occasionally visit. I’m going to say he had no spirituality in his life befor and being stripped of his ego has him feeling like he is more elevated than others

We are all vibrations who turn into stars and I’m a level 5 Vegan, don’t eat anything that casts a shadow. Jus kidding

My ex's son went off like that for a few years. I could barely hold a conversation with him without wanting to just completely come unhinged on him.
The day he quit his job I went over to his place and spoke to him for a few hours to see if I could talk some sense into him. At first I was very subtle and tried to ask questions to find out what he believes but he was being kinda vague and relying a lot on emotion and flowery language. While the conversation remained respectful, eventually I got a little frustrated and was brutally honest with him. I think I did get through to him by making some good points and using some creative analogies, I could see the gears in his head working, but I think he would've gone straight back to his 'path' after I left. Whatever 'source' gave him his new lessons also told him that there would be people that were going to doubt him and try to throw him off his path. A self-fulfilling prophecy...so easy for him to just dismiss me as being an obstacle..

Tell him to look up experiences on the internet and he will find that all he did was breakthrough. Many of us have made it thru and back and occasionally visit. I?m going to say he had no spirituality in his life befor and being stripped of his ego has him feeling like he is more elevated than others

Sure I've been there. And even though I consider myself more 'spiritually advanced' than most people I still don't look down on them for it. Everyone learns at their own pace and I don't believe we should interfere with others' free will, which is why I was not super forceful with him when he told me what he was going to take. I kinda wish I warned him more forcefully in hindsight but honestly he still would've done it anyway and probably would've also got irritated with me for putting doubt into his mind.

I also forgot to mention that later that night after he took the 5meo he went to a bachelor party and got on a whole host of other substances. Anyone who knows anything about rituals knows that that was definitely not a good idea to do in that altered state.

We are all vibrations who turn into stars
Pretty sure he did say this to me when we spoke. He also said that he was more powerful than Jesus. I told him to let me know when he cures someone of blindness.

:\

I've always found that true madness is part absurdity and part transcendent wisdom. If only the absurdity was not the larger portion of that pie chart it would be great.;)

Careful with psych meds, I know they serve a purpose but from people in my family on ssri's and anti-psychotics, the long term effects are brutal. I didn't realize until last night I stumbled upon tardive dyskenisia, where the dopamine receptors are permanently destroyed. There is a huge list of drugs that cause them. Imagine permament withdrawals for life. Hate to be a downer just trying to be informative...

"If he does indeed have a 'power' I feel it came from negative forces, as that stuff usually takes years to cultivate after acquiring knowledge."

Yip, psychedelics will lead you down blind alley after blind alley. You can't just get 'the answer' or powers, it doesn't work like that, and being shown this for yourself is easily one of the harshest lessons offered.

Have you tried asking him to put you in a trance with his hands, or show you a single instance of when this has happened and who it was?

Last edited: