Why "all modern music sounds shit"

I bet you I can find a newly released track I enjoy in 30 seconds or less.

ok it took me a bit longer but I was choosy:

THIS IS COCAINE- BALTHAZAR & JACKROCK REMIX

The invention of the Autotune has taken pop music to a new level of awfulness. I don't listen to the radio by choice but I can hear that creepy robotic artificial nasal sickly sound in most pop records now. It's like they are softening up a new generation for the inevitability of transhumanism.

I'm not sure I totally agree with the premise of the article, as I still listen to a lot of current music.

I listened to Rock, Punk Rock, Heavy Metal, Industrial, Hip Hop, and as much Techno, House, Jungle, and Trance that I could get my hands on as a late teen/early twenty something.

Some genres that I really enjoy didn't really exist in the late 80's/early 90's. Dubstep, 2-Step, and Trap come to mind.

:)

I like a lot of modern music, and older music too. Disco is king though - four on the floor tweaks my ADHD just right.

Obviously some people are a lot more open minded than others, and I think drugs certainly help with that, especially when it comes to music. Empathogens/psychs/weed can really help you to understand the 'language' of music and to 'get' the intent/vibe/groove, so I'd imagine that you're more likely to find people a lot more open to stuff than is usual, on forums such as this.

I'm just an absolute electronic music junkie, and I adore cool, unbridled musical hedonism. So if it sounds good, I'm in.

A lot of people are very particular on their tastes though. IME people who have taken psychs at clubs/festivals tend to be the most open minded.

Even though I have my fave era and do so many other people, I can’t imagine teens today saying yeah the 2010s was my fave era, think teens today are not into music like we were in previous generations. They are more into video games, apps, youtube and snapchat glued to a mobile device. But this maybe my bigoted opinion. I heard many theories why music is shite today, I think we just grow out of it in the end.

Disagree. Although I am old and crusty. I will however lament the art of quality pop writing mostly disappearing. Also there aren't as many "players" on pop songs. Everything trends lowest common denominator. We aren't at the bottom yet but it's looking pretty dark!

Otherwise there is more amazing available than ever. However it isn't always easy to find and most of the artists are starving to death.

You know mostly depends what kinda people you had around you and where you grew up, not necessary the age. People usually stick to one genre or two, others are ecletics( e.g> me) or not, but anyway 70%, I only listen music that include dance music except childish genres likes dubstep drum'n bass, etc, no man just no, another little example with what I listen would be proggresive house. People that usually don't like techno, disco, psy, trance, house, etc, are usually those that are introverts, they hate crowds and hate being around things that have life. People that listen to hip-hop music, usually confuse it with sentimental rap, that the artist they are hearing, it's talkin about their loved ones or depressive shits, hip-hop should be about politics/system/diss, what happens in the world, poverty, wars, etc. Also people that don't listen EDM can't say they love music. In our scene, mostly of productions are just bom bom and drops so they look for that, that's why in every genre there are at least 3 type of people, music should give you a feeling, a vibe, memories and a mood, long short story something to think. Anyway in other ideas before you go to a rave or a concert, festival, party, whatever the fuck you wanna run, if he/she doesn't dance and don't have any moves, then it's a bad sign, that it's the first thing you want to see before you go to see them live.

An little example of something melancholic which came up my mind now when I finished to write these things down