• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Going to see a psychiatrist, a few questions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex500

Greenlighter
Im going to see a psychiatrist Wednesday. I really just want to get some low dosage of 10-20mg adderall instant release to help me study.

Im pretty stressed because I have no job and cant study. I dont think I have too crazy of ADD but just enough to inhibit me being able to focus for 5-6 hours.

I have to see the physicians assistant first then remake an appointment. Can he/she provide me with a prescription. Kind of weird I have to see them first? If I am upfront and honest will this work?

I am 28, graduated from college, switching careers and stuck in a rut.

In most states, a physician's assistant can prescribe same as a doctor but need a separate DEA registration for controlled medications. I've seen a few doctors that also have PA's but not when it comes to psychiatry so that's a new one for me. They mostly try to get patients into therapy/counseling from my experience. I imagine they would want your previous records showing your diagnosis in order to prescribe meds. Just be honest and tell them your situation. The logistics for each practice would vary so we can't give you an accurate answer. I'm closing this but wish you luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.