• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I need help with a crack cocaine and heroin problem

Billy123

Bluelighter
I need to stop this crap. I know why I should stop but I'm always messing up. I was clean for 10 years before I messed up. My withdrawals from the H aren't so severe because I'll be using Loperamide. I only suffer from mild stomach cramps and anxiety. The crack is my main poison. I need help with ideas on how to get through the first few days. Going to relatives etc isn't an option for me at the moment. I know it's willpower but getting started is hard. I've made a list on the benefits of stopping, planned ahead with TV shows, movies etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

watsup man hang in there, get some pot for the H w/ds itl help trust me, also most importantly weed helps suppress cravings to smoke crack cocaine... well it does for me at least, give it a try man trust me on this, weed relaxes me I'm an H addict in recovery myself and I'm able to smoke it and not use the other stuff because it gives me a lot of self doubt/ makes me reflect on the damage I've caused and then i don't wanna do it

crack is is a different beast entirely from heroin, i got clean from H 2 years ago got on subs, but then got addicted to crack for a solid year and a few monotheist was the worst i really sunk to a new low, i mean i was bad with H but at least I was calm on H the crack was an absolute nightmare

the only reason why i stopped the crack was because i had gotten completely sick of the thing that i had become, sick of crack houses, sick of the horrible people i was associating with, just sick of it all the fiending was nightmarish like i said H is bad but crack is a different beast

once you get a solid weeks break from smoking hard, it gets easier man, you need time, every day is a victory time is the key here if u can get some serious time away from smoking hard, you will be able to beat it like i did

Thank you. After binging I feel like crap and regret it so much. As soon as I've had a few hours sleep and as I wake I hear about new washes etc and I forget everything. It's amazing how the brain works. How is it I can forget what I had been through so easily and within a mere few hours? I was clean for 10 years!!! I messed up big time. Looking back at then and now, my life has changed a lot. For me one of the most important things I miss is the respect I had before. Now people try to avoid me and I try and avoid them.

How long has your current habit been? What is your tolerance like? You might want to look into buprenorphine or something related.

thankfully crack isn't physically addictive. You just need the will power. Once that thought creeps into your head do something to distract that thought, because once you start on your way to the dealer there's no turning around. Im going to assume you use the H to come down from the crack, and if so, you may not be too bad, and the wds might not be too bad. What's the longest you've gone without the H? Did you wd during that time, and if so how baf was it?

My nickname from when i was 20 till i was 40 was bri-fry, because i toked the herb all day every day. Not a bad thing considering all the other bad things i could of been doing, but NOBODY thought id ever be able to give it up. 2 years ago i did, and it wasn't hard at all. After the first week or so i didn't miss it one bit. Every now and then I'll take a whack, get geeked, and that was that. I know with crack doing it that every now and then isn't possible, but stopping completely is, you just have to have the will power. Think of all the bad places, and people you've surrounded yourself with when and while using. I know I've had my jaw broken, ribs broken, gun to my side trying to get pushed down one of those basement apartments, chased down the street, dirty whores in my car, I've disappeared for days, spent thousands of dollars in a weekend, been arrested..... it's just not worth that geeked out, paranoid, few hours of non enjoyment to go through. Will power my friend you can do it.

How long has your current habit been? What is your tolerance like? You might want to look into buprenorphine or something related.

I agree, suboxone has helped tons of people recover from their addictions and not only with opiates.

fast forward some, I recently had an acquaintance passaway from wetbrain aka Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, and this gentleman was nice as hell, he seemed really confused a lot, and would leave without wearing a jacket (when it was freezing outside), slowly he started urinating on himself and did not know he was doing it, kind of something like a person with alzheimers would show.

like what tpd asked, what is your tolerance like? are you using everyday? have you noticed your health decline? if that's the case you need some help bub

thankfully crack isn't physically addictive. You just need the will power. Once that thought creeps into your head do something to distract that thought, because once you start on your way to the dealer there's no turning around. Im going to assume you use the H to come down from the crack, and if so, you may not be too bad, and the wds might not be too bad. What's the longest you've gone without the H? Did you wd during that time, and if so how baf was it?

It might not have the same kind of withdrawal syndrome physiologically as opioids, but a severe cocaine use disorder can be even more difficult to tackle than opioid addiction. Craving for cocaine can be incredibly strong, and the mood disregulation caused by over-use and or cold turkey cessation can be likewise challenging.

Confidence is important of course, but I'm not sure willpower paints the right picture. It's probably going to be more about restructuring their life and peer support than simply something they try to do on their own. That certainly can be enough for a lot of people, willpower I mean, but it sounds like they would have probably already tried that approach, hence their posting here.

Thank you for posts. I've been using for a couple of years now. I've been tapering off and being honest I could probably get by on 2 bags a day (smoked). Yesterday I thought I would be okay with the H withdrawals but for some reason after 24 hours it hit me hard. I was sneezing and puking at the same time and my stomach was severely cramped, feeling hot and cold, found it harder to breathe (probably anxiety) and runny nose, mucus in throat /chest. I gave up. But this time I thought about doing cold turkey but with half a bag per day for three days and then stop completely. I know it's difficult because the temptation of having more is in the back of your mind constantly but if I can do it I'd be over the moon. Basically half a bag, a couple of Gabapentin, a few loperamides (imodium), Ibuprofen (for the pain), Ranatidine, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 50 mg, Indian tonic water and a partridge in a pear tree. Then three days later all of the above minus the half bag. Honestly the withdrawals were so bad that crack was the last thing on my mind. But knowing that I know once I have gone through this opiate stage I'll have to take heed of my other addiction. Once again thank you for your posts and as AllDoneWithIt said I have to keep reminding myself of all the bad places I've been and what I'm going through. Until recently I was on roughly five bags a day smoked and about the same in rocks. I reduced my habit down to about two of each within the last couple of weeks and the last few days I've been trying to go cold turkey (emphasis on trying). Something I can't understand is OK you have a habit but that doesn't mean you don't have any dignity. I saw these hookers trying to score and it was about 6 in the morning. They were shouting and swearing, waking everyone up and it wasn't because they were arguing. They were just talking in between themselves. People opened their bedroom windows and started shouting at them but it was embarrassing being associated with them. Going completely off subject, I live in the UK and we're having a KFC crisis with virtually all of the outlets being closed due to their being a lack of chicken. Has anyone outside of the UK heard about it?

Has anyone heard of Baclofen? It's apparently useful for cravings but can also be used for opiate withdrawal symptoms.