• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is this a safe combo of prescribed drugs?

mrmicktwz

Greenlighter
I have sever panic disorder so the er dr I was rushed too started me on paxil 20mg a couple days ago along with ativan 1mg (for panic attacks only ) and metoprolol 25mg cut in half daily for lowering heart rate/blood pressure. But I've only been taking half cap to ween off. All of it makes me super sleepy over the day if I take it all and I traded a ativan for a 1mg kpin to take today as it leaves me feeling less doped up as the other. Took it an hour ago. Now my reg dr also prescribes me suboxone which I cut into peices so like 1/2/3 mgs maybe is what I use daily. I'm just afraid since the er had not really checked in if it's even safe to all take together as I had a panic attack again took a kpin and need to take my subs later. Is it safe if I wait a bit? My one pill lowers my heart rate which I take in the morning and the kpin does about the same I believe I just don't wanna have respitory failure.

Haha yes it's safe; doctors may not study pharmacology quite enough, however they wouldn't do that

Your healthy? Everything is fine; buprenorphine has a limit on respiratory depression., and if you have panic disorder type 2, your body is actually taking in a bit too much oxygen

Feally benzo don't cause respiratory depression by themselves-it is combining them with other things, like heroin or a lot of alcohol that is what makes them dangerous

The LD50 for benzodiazepines is high; 3-4mg per day would be completely safe-btw, Clonazolam is more potent and longer lasting than Ativan, 1mg clono CHRONIC dosing is like 2-3mg; however it tends to be more functional or even stimulating in comparison
Anyway take 2ng SL or buccal buprenorphine, you will be fine

Lorne, I guess you meant clonazePAM instead of clonazoLAM? Just to make sure but both are more potent and longer lasting than Ativan.

Yeah, K-Pins, Clonazepam; not -lam(atm)'

Thanksnfor pointing that out- Clonazolam/Clonitrozolam is certainly more potent than lorazepam! We could be talking 4-7ng, depending upon conversion method(compared to 1mg C-Lam, ~2mg)

Klonopin and Rivotril; we need a brand or common name for the -lam counterpart

Suhhestions people / Also, we have Flunitrazolam now and flu nitrazepam! It's a pam and lam dominated market

Fluoridized(is that a right word as I only can do chemistry in my native language?) nitrazolam and nitrazepam sound abuseable as hell.