something went wrong

MelLust1981

Greenlighter
I am a heroin user going on 20 years now an this is the first time this happened. I shot up in my wrist an my hand an arm swelled up I got a tingle in my finger tips an I looked in the mirror an my face was red an swelled as if I was holding my breath but I wasn't. Now twenty mins later hand an arm still swelled jus not as bad. not sure what to do or what I did wrong???

That kind of thing has happened to me before too. Not so much the face thing, but my hands used to swell up and get really tingly fairly often when I'd shoot into them, especially when I'd miss the shot. One time, this happened, and when I looked in the mirror I noticed that several of the veins around my collar bone area (I shot up into my HAND, remember.) were dark, dark blue, almost black. It FREAKED me out. It sounds like you probably just missed the shot. I know I used to flush and get really red like that all the time right after pushing off. That could actually even be unrelated, like maybe just due to a histamine reaction or something like that, maybe something in the cut...? But the tingling feeling I know is usually caused by a missed shot, or a partially missed shot. Sometimes I'd even get it just from poking around looking for my vein, hitting other tendons and shit in there in the process. It doesn't sound like you need to be worried. It's weird it's never happened to you before considering how long you've been using, but weird shit would usually happen to me a good portion of the times I'd shoot up. Kind of just comes with the territory.

Stay safe!