• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Just a little bit psychopathic.

Cosmic Trigger

Bluelighter
I've always thought that most people have some of the traits of the psychopath or sociopath. That tiny percentage of full on psychopaths could not be responsible for mess this world is in.

Here's a interesting video on this subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6LLQ1POzhY
How much of a psychopath are you?

I remember just a few years ago I would shoplift DXM extensively and spend my highs musing why the psychopath was the ideal individual, for he was lightened of the burdens of the normal person. I became convinced I was one of these wolves among sheep, and because of this, I deserved absolutely anything I could steal or fraud.

I was convinced I could become more psychopathic by devoting myself to not feeling guilt. Now I think psychopaths are born, because I never did succeed in becoming one.

I also think full on psychopaths are born also but the studies have shown most don't do really horrendous things unless they also had an abusive or neglectful childhood. You and I just have some of the tendencies of a psychopath. In that I think we are average or normal.

i used to read a lot about psychopaths and remember its an ambiguous term. in general a psychopath would lack the ability for empathy, fear, and be more-or-less an unconscious being completely enslaved to the passions. (a la Forrest Gump or Jack Nicholson in The Departed - not the Shining) so some benefits would be that you would perform well under pressure, could inflict harm without remorse, immediately recover from a breakup, make a great daredevil or militant - however, you wouldn't be able to appreciate much of anything outside of food, sex, and perhaps dominance. also, if you're both a psychopath and a moron you'll probably end up dead or in prison fairly young.

the right combination of drugs could, depending on the individual, alter a brain enough to produce a disposition nearing that of a 'psychopath'. possibly just methamp + opioids (might need to toss in a weak tranquilizer or hypnotic) of course it can't be just anyone and the effects would dissipate

i'm not very psychopathic mainly because of the fear aspect - i feel fear, routinely.

my take/

I have heard that a lot of heros in wars are psychopath types. No fear, wow would I like some of that. I'm scared of my shadow way too often truth be told and it makes life unpleasant not to mention limiting.

Now what can we say about spirituality when we think about the psychopath? He's supposedly not really responsible for his makeup and he could give a flying fuck about peace and love and spiritual growth and all that. Life has created him/her that way and they have no chance to relate to spiritual stuff. That's just another clue to me that this reality is likely just a material reality whether I want it to be or not. I've never heard someone into spirituality address this and I'm not surprised. What are they going to say that would make sense and not sound like a lame excuse for not having a place to put the psychopath in this "spiritual" reality? I remember how shocked I was when I realized there actually were true psychopaths and sociopaths and they weren't responsible for the "evil" they lived out. Nature/the creator made them that way. When younger was into the idea that everyone could choose to spiritually grow. That's not true and now it's just another reason that spirituality and a immortal soul doesn't make logical sense to me anymore.

Last edited:
I've never heard someone into spirituality address this and I'm not surprised. What are they going to say that would make sense and not sound like a lame excuse for not having a place to put the psychopath in this "spiritual" reality?

The philosophy behind evil is that in The Infinite there is a place for everything:

The Mother: Thoughts and Aphorisms

When I knew nothing, then I abhorred the criminal,
sinful and impure, being myself full of crime, sin and
impurity; but when I was cleansed and my eyes unsealed,
then I bowed down in my spirit before the thief
and the murderer and adored the feet of the harlot; for
I saw that these souls had accepted the terrible burden
of evil and drained for all of us the greater portion of
the churned poison of the world-ocean.

God is infinite Possibility. Therefore Truth is never at
rest; therefore, also, Error is justified of her children.

Yeah that's what I said.
What are they going to say that would make sense and not sound like a lame excuse for not having a place to put the psychopath in this "spiritual" reality?

This might come as a shock to you but anyone can say anything and they do all the time and usually it's just nonsense. And this might come as a shock to you also but there is a world of people always ready to believe that nonsense without rationally assessing it's validity. That's why we (a few of us) use the scientific method to attempt to separate the BS from something valid.

Last edited:
That's why we (a few of us) use the scientific method to attempt to separate the BS from something valid.

beyond logic and beyond science

science is just a material science, there is higher science a higher logic

but i do respect even material science but this is from a famous scientist:

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

Nikola Tesla

“My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists.”
Nikola Tesla

“Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ”
Nikola Tesla

“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”
Albert Einstein

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
Albert Einstein

I've never said there wasn't other possibilities and I'm open to those possibilities. What I object to is the aggressive and authoritarian way you post. You don't ever say things like. "This is my best guess or this is my opinion or it might be different for you or I could be wrong or YMMV". No you just preach like you are the fountain of truth and what you say is gospel. I've been on forums for years and I've seen dozens of people who post like that and in the end it's all just hot air. It's self important, it's not honest IMO.

You don't have any real evidence for the things you've been saying but you don't own that it's all just your opinion. No you preach it and there's no humility in it.. It's no different than any Christian or Muslim or any other religious person preaching who KNOWs the truth and is here to tell us all what it is.

You do not know what is true, you just have an opinion like the rest of us. So just keep preaching and I'll keep disputing your gospel until you can prove me wrong. I grew up in a Christian home and I know the drill. They all knew the "truth" too and they preached it in the same way you post.

Hi Cosmic Trigger,

I'm sorry if I sound like a preacher.

Yes I know you have been on the forums for a while, I'm also visiting these forums from a while but have only registered a few months back.

I apologize to you, once again.

Its good hear from you experiences and I'm definitely learning from these discussions.

Kind Regards

That's great. I appreciate your willingness to hear what I had to say. I want you to know that I don't have any real surety that this is just a material world. I'm always trying to discover something that can inform me. I'm open to what you and others have to share. At this time in my quest my conclusions are that humans aren't likely capable of knowing what's going on in any totality. I hope I'm wrong but I've been in an out of so many belief systems and quests and changes of perspective and mind with new information that I know for a fact that I don't know what is true. Maybe you do but I don't know that. Maybe someone else does but I don't know that either. Maybe my guesses are correct but I find that fantastically unlikely. Be well.

I've always thought that most people have some of the traits of the psychopath or sociopath. That tiny percentage of full on psychopaths could not be responsible for mess this world is in.

Here's a interesting video on this subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6LLQ1POzhY
How much of a psychopath are you?

It's a logical fallacy to assume that psychopaths are bad, therefore all bad things must come from psychopaths.

Most people aren't psychopaths. But most people also contribute to how messed up the world is. Because even non psychopathic humans have the ability to shut off empathy when they deem other people to be bad for stupid and ignorant reasons. And ignorance itself causes no end of problems in society.

All things considered, stupid people do more harm to people and society than psychopaths ever could.

Yeah we're bad to the bone over here and damned proud of it. I think the school system over here prepares you for losing your moral character yet learning the ways to give the impression of being moral. It's really cool.

Last edited:
Life supports psychopathic behavior. They're a superior breed. Now, capitalism probably exacerbates the problem, but I can't imagine a world where taking more than your share without guilt isn't a good thing. The only recourse would be to prevent anti-social behavior through surveillance. Any system but complete martial law under a surveillance state is advantageous to the psychopath. Only in a world where crime cannot exist does the psychopath not ply an advantage.

If we could weed out all the empaths and compassionate and leave it all to the psychopaths I wonder what would happen?