• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc My Kratom quitting, then going back with a much smaller dose - question regarding

DiacetylEros

Greenlighter
So about 2 weeks ago I quit kratom at 12 grams a day with the use of large amounts of Gabapentin and proper diet and it was painless. I was clean off of it for an entire week. But over the last few days I've been taking doses that are less than the suggested max daily dose (2.4G 2x a day max) from my particular well-known vendor. Two days ago I took 3.5g's (2 and 1.5) that day, woke up with anxiety depression the next but nothing horrid so yesterday I took 2.5g's (1.5 and 1). This morning I took
1.5 g's of kratom (btw the type is red vein sumatran) and I intend this to be my final dose. I haven't taken gabapentin in large doses since totally quitting, I've only been weaning my doses down because I know from friends that it can be just as painful as benzodiazepine withdrawal if I cold turkey'd 1800-2 400mg a day. I'm hoping cos of my short use at such high levels and me tapering down, at 600mg twice a day now of gabapentin, that I won't experience gabapentin withdrawal. So my question is from others experiences with both or one or the other drug what you suspect my chances of rebound withdrawal will be from kratom and full withdrawal from gabapentin? (I know that everyone responds differently, I am 5 9 165lbs with a fast metabolism and exercise religiously) I'm more concerned about gabapentin withdrawal than kratom as my dose of kratom is miniscule in terms of my doses of gabapentin, I know I'm doing the right thing (I hope) by dropping 300-600mg of gabapentin a day, but nonetheless concerned as I have a great job, have been through heavy benzo withdrawal and if when I'm done tapering I'll feel how I felt coming off 12mg of Xanax (in a detox) I feel that Gabapentin withdrawal is similar I will not be able to work, that is assured. Does anyone think I should slow the gabapentin taper or am I in your opinions doing it right. Like I said, Ik everyone is different, so that's why I'm asking for suggestions and experiences rather than advice. All input will be sincerely appreciated. Any suggestions or experience getting off either or both drugs? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, I'm pretty new to BL.

Tapering gabapentin if you've only been taking it for a week is probably pointless. You shouldn't become physically addicted after that time. You might feel some rebound anxiety, but not full blown WD.

If you already made it a week without kratom, then you had made it through the acute WD phase. I wouldn't start back up at this point. If you want to be clean of everything, you should just stop everything as soon as possible. Tapering shouldn't even be necessary