Mental Health Why do I need a constant change of scenery?

ThomasD

Bluelighter
Was just wondering why I have this specific problem. I'm riddled with depression and anxiety, and I have aspergers. I am not bipolar, but i've noticed my mood can rapidly change for no apparent reason at all. I'm not talking about mood swings per say, I do not jump from happy to depressed to angry etc. It's more like, I can be sat here perfectly calm and content, enjoying what i'm doing, and very rapidly change to being extremely unmotivated, tired, restless, bored depressed and anxious, and whatever i'm doing will suddenly seem daunting and like I desperately need a change of scenery.

I find this is the biggest reason why I smoke so much bud - I suddenly feel a sense of doom where i'm at and desperately need to go outside to have a smoke and a change of scenery. 10 minutes later, i'll be desperate to be inside again. I always seem to be desperate for what I don't have until I have it. I had this problem long before smoking weed - thats causing its own host of problems. But yeah, was wondering if this is tied to aspergers, or anxiety. Or somebody else who has similar problems. I had this issue massively as school/college too - I'd become horrendously restless and depressed if I was in a lesson for over an hour. And then i'd find myself restless for lessons to begin at lunchtime... and then restless to go home when college finishes... etc etc.

I should note this is a massive impact on my life, as much as depression is. I can't play games, study, watch videos etc very often because I instantly want to do something else 5 minutes later, but can't figure out what. I also find it will sometimes manifest itself as extreme fatigue instead of restlessness. For example, i'm often restless to do the next thing, but sometimes I'll stop a task and suddenly have 0 motivation to even move, which can last for hours and makes me even more depressed and anxious.