• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

When will I feel normal

I know people must think im being stupid but i cant not get high least once a week.I enjoyed it and no matter what will keep it to once a week

I don't think you're stupid, maybe misguided though. I think you're fooling yourself if you believe you can use in moderation after having been addicted in the past. I know for myself, every rule or boundary I ever tried to set with using drugs was broken - if not immediately, then eventually. Some people might be able to use opiates recreationally, but from what I've read about you in this thread, you're not one of them. I hope you can figure out some way to stop, or at least minimize your use.

I don't think you're stupid, maybe misguided though. I think you're fooling yourself if you believe you can use in moderation after having been addicted in the past. I know for myself, every rule or boundary I ever tried to set with using drugs was broken - if not immediately, then eventually. Some people might be able to use opiates recreationally, but from what I've read about you in this thread, you're not one of them. I hope you can figure out some way to stop, or at least minimize your use.
You are right everytime i try to do a opiate once it turns into days.I just have to stop but i love the high so much that sounds dumb i know but life without anything is just so shit.Luckily i got this week of so any withdrawl i can just load up on lyrica and valium.I can handle all the other things in withdrawl its the anxiety that kills me and lyrica stops that for me.Feeling a little shitty this morning so i know i am going to have a minor withdrawl just taken a 300 mg of lyrica that will kick in soon will just have to pass the next few days high on lyrica and valium.But the last 4 days were fun the excitement after picking up getting home taking a hit of crack i would buy one crack aswell getting the foil ready and then smoking the brown.But always in the back of my mind there was digust at me on it again and the fear of withdrawl.Well i will just get through these few days which i dont think will be full on withdrawl and hopefully learn my lesson.

Hello

I am 15 days clean from opiates apart from one relapse I had on day 13.My question is when will I start feeling normal again.At the moment I'm taking pegablin to help me sleep but last night I did not because I don't want to get addicted to them.So last night I settled down was ok until I tried to sleep the feeling of a million people tickling me came back so no sleep.Im thinking of getting valium and doing that one week and pegab the next week so I don't get addicted.Is this the wrong route to take and should I just bite the bullet and do it naturally.Hoe long will it last and when will I get back to normal sleep.And also when does the body temp get back to normal I'm always cold or sweaty and getting out the shower in the morning is an ordeal because once the water turns of I shiver with cold
It's been about 4 weeks for me and I get to sleep fairly well but I wake up shaking cold, sweaty and in a panic. It takes about 20 minutes for me to think my way through it settle down. Some days I'm okay and then some days (like today ), I lack interest for anything (Not hungry, not tired, social media and people suck along with television and any other viewing platform) I guess I can remember feeling like this on some days before the pills but not really sure. But the days that I feel normal (the way I did before addiction) are everything and they happen more than the "everything sucks " type of days. I don't know if it depends on how long a person uses or what. I hope you get to feeling like yourself soon. Good luck.

It's been about 4 weeks for me and I get to sleep fairly well but I wake up shaking cold, sweaty and in a panic. It takes about 20 minutes for me to think my way through it settle down. Some days I'm okay and then some days (like today ), I lack interest for anything (Not hungry, not tired, social media and people suck along with television and any other viewing platform) I guess I can remember feeling like this on some days before the pills but not really sure. But the days that I feel normal (the way I did before addiction) are everything and they happen more than the "everything sucks " type of days. I don't know if it depends on how long a person uses or what. I hope you get to feeling like yourself soon. Good luck.
Thanks for advice friend but im now coming of 4 days heavy use of heroin smoking.I just found the boredom and cravings to hard.I now in what i say very minor withdrawls little warery eyes and a irritatng cough.Done 600 mg of lyrica today which a wonder drug for me in wd.My pal just dropped of 30 10 mg valiums and 16 tamazepam.This has put a fullstop to my stratergy of getting high once a week.Has to be total abstinence from now on.Dont have any idea how i will do this but i know i cant keep doing this.Tried benzos on weekends thats when i get cravings and bored the most but i seem to just fall asleep.Love the feeling i get using lyrica but that sfter a few days heavy use leaves me foggy.Used crank and coke before 13 year opium habit now dont likestimulants prefer downers unless i can use opium afterwards to bring me down.I feel like this fucker has got its hooks in me and i cant release it i always go back to it.Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement even if i failed i apreciated it so much.

Hang in there mate it does get better.I had hit a point where i was getting 5 to 6 hours natural sleep and mood had got better.Dont make my mistake and think we can use once in a while we cant.I wish you all the luck friend dont follow my example im weak will and useless l let this drug run my life my mood everything.I trade a little time of being high and end up hating myself for the rest of the time.Well payed job a wife and kids that love me and still that not enough for a selfish fuck like me.I deserve everything i get

I find listening to music improves my mind a lot.I do miss getting high but don't miss the hassle it was the worry if I get a tug from police job gone.the fear of it going dry for a few days and going into wd the feeling i was imprisoned by my addiction.My company won't fire me for the reason of the medical but will find another reason to I know what they like.

music definitely improves my mood but also i find once i start listening to music again within 3 days i relapse. gives me bad cravings and makes me wanna be crazy

music definitely improves my mood but also i find once i start listening to music again within 3 days i relapse. gives me bad cravings and makes me wanna be crazy
Same here music sounds so much better when high.That makes me crave even more

Taking anything once a week is still addiction lmao I tried that shit you'll still get withdrawals

No

4 days straight of anything will yeah heroin the mark for addiction is three days

Last edited:
4 days straight of anything will yeah heroin the mark for addiction is three days
I at day three since the 4 day binge.Im feeling the wd but its not to bad got the cough the flu feeling back and leg ache.Not able to keep food down and the diarrhoea but at a much less intensity then when i first quit after years of use.I keep repeating this but lyrica a wonder for me chills me right out and stops the anxiety.Glad i knocked it on the head with the week off it could have just carried on.

Taking anything once a week is still addiction lmao I tried that shit you'll still get withdrawals
Was just trying to keep the use to one day.It was stupid to think i could do it like that. i was convinced i could.Back to trying to live a normal drug free life with just a joint before sleep.

I have DDD and several herniaed discs and had a cervical fusion yubacity. I am a chronic pain patient but I was so fucking sick of being on opiate pills I just stopped CT Saturday night. This is day 5 for me. The physical symptoms are gone. I slept a few hours last night. But now I have depression which I never had before. I hope this goes away soon?

^ You will no doubt experience some PAWS but some depression may also be normal--after all you are in a big transition--both physically and mentally. Look for good moments throughout your day and mentally mark them by just recognizing they occurred. It can be a way to lessen the load of depression ime.<3

I have DDD and several herniaed discs and had a cervical fusion yubacity. I am a chronic pain patient but I was so fucking sick of being on opiate pills I just stopped CT Saturday night. This is day 5 for me. The physical symptoms are gone. I slept a few hours last night. But now I have depression which I never had before. I hope this goes away soon?[/QUOTE Congrats on getting to day 5.The depression i think hits all of us after quitting opium.It does get better be prepared for cravings to come and go aswell.Just hang in there mate.I remember having bad depression but it does lift.

Thanks Yubacity,

Day 6 now, I slept last night, still depressed and in terrible pain. But I am stubborn and I don't want to have to refill my rx if at all possible.

Take care,
Ashley.

Thanks herbavore,

Day 6, I slept but I feel depressed. Par for the course. I really don't want to refill my rx but I hope I can find a way to control my pain. I hate being on LTOT and so I just stubborningly stopped CT. Maybe I'm an idiot, Lol! I laughed at least writing this, Lol!

Take care,
Ashley.

Thanks Yubacity,

Day 6 now, I slept last night, still depressed and in terrible pain. But I am stubborn and I don't want to have to refill my rx if at all possible.

Take care,
Ashley.
The depression will go could ypu talk to your doctor and see if he could give you a non opiate pain killer.I admit i not know much about pain relief.He might know of an alternative.I hope you can find a way to control the pain without going back to opiates.

I hope you can find a way to control the pain without going back to opiates.

Thanks Yubacity, I really hope so too. Keep in touch, it was nice to hear your point of view.

Take care, here for you anytime.

Ashley.

Thanks Yubacity, I really hope so too. Keep in touch, it was nice to hear your point of view.

Take care, here for you anytime.

Ashley.
Same here mate keep me updated on how you doing hope it goes well

That sounds so amazing. It's so food to see someone doing so well so soon. I still hate everything and it's been about a month for me but I enjoy my time alone so I'm beginning to think I'm just not a people person. It helps me to read about other people making it.