• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

When will I feel normal

Thanks simco and everyone that has offered advice and encoragement it has helped a lot.

Day 17 woke up after 5 hours showered now waiting to wake kids up for school.Today the cravings are coming on strong.All I am playing in my mind is a big f you to them not gonna let a drug rule my life.I am always hungry just made myself a full English breakfast ate that but for some reason could not keep it down.Im sorry for posting every day on in but it seems to help me some how

I'm on day 77 i believe, and although i feel good, I'm not 100% back to my normal self. The heavy brain fog lifted after day 38, but its still not crystal clear. Legs are still a little achy, but that goes away once i start moving around. I do have 2 shot knees and a 3 herniated discs in my lower back, so maybe I'll never feel GREAT again, but i feel much better not having to wake up and chomp my fent patch or take 40-60mg of oxy to get going. I find i can't finish a cig now, whereas I'd smoke 3 straight after that morning dose in the morning, along with my coffee. You'll start feeling a little better each day, congratulations on getting sober, stick it out, it's completely worth it.

As soon as you realize there is no such thing as normal to begin with. Honestly without actually working toward your problems you may never feel right again you'll always be missing something...but physically unless you were doing long acting opioifds like poppy seed tea, methadone, buprenorphinr then within a couple months you'll be right physically

As soon as you realize there is no such thing as normal to begin with. Honestly without actually working toward your problems you may never feel right again you'll always be missing something...but physically unless you were doing long acting opioifds like poppy seed tea, methadone, buprenorphinr then within a couple months you'll be right physically
That's going to be a problem for me once a week's I would make poppy pod tea Indian word is dode will once a week make a differance

I'm on day 77 i believe, and although i feel good, I'm not 100% back to my normal self. The heavy brain fog lifted after day 38, but its still not crystal clear. Legs are still a little achy, but that goes away once i start moving around. I do have 2 shot knees and a 3 herniated discs in my lower back, so maybe I'll never feel GREAT again, but i feel much better not having to wake up and chomp my fent patch or take 40-60mg of oxy to get going. I find i can't finish a cig now, whereas I'd smoke 3 straight after that morning dose in the morning, along with my coffee. You'll start feeling a little better each day, congratulations on getting sober, stick it out, it's completely worth it.
I know the feeling I did not have the energy to walk up the stairs and shower before doing some I used to have six sugars in my coffee because the sugar seemed to make it a better buzz.Now I can't believe I had it so sweet thanks for the congrats mate and the same to you day 77 that's brilliant.

Funny you say that about the sugar. Before opiates i was 1.5-2tsp in my coffee, during opiate use i went up to 4-5, and now I'm back down to 2. L- tyrosine(1000mg) in the morning before you eat, and a "green superfood drink mix" (8oz), and that gave me a good boost for a good 3-4hrs. I'd have one in the morning then one at lunch and that really helped getting me through work days.

Funny you say that about the sugar. Before opiates i was 1.5-2tsp in my coffee, during opiate use i went up to 4-5, and now I'm back down to 2. L- tyrosine(1000mg) in the morning before you eat, and a "green superfood drink mix" (8oz), and that gave me a good boost for a good 3-4hrs. I'd have one in the morning then one at lunch and that really helped getting me through work days.
I just ate so much sugary stuff while high and smoked loads but during wd a cigarette would make me vomit so I stopped smoking.I should get myself some supliments as well start looking after body plus get some natural sleep aide.Well day 18 has started in up at 3 30 if only sleep patterns would return quickly after wd it would make it so much easier

Car won't start after a week in Audi garage for starting problems kids need to get to school no longer got courtesy car.Got so stressed came inside had a lot of ground poppy pod that I kept for emergencies and my Friday night poppy pod tea.Was so tempted to have some.Flushed it all down toilet now have no sort of opium left in house apart from about 20 ml of methadone that's been lying under my bed for three months.

The happiness of a few days ago is gone today I feel angry tired and pissed off.I know I would have days like this.I have stopped the pegablin and tamazepan.Got some 25mg phenergan tabs will hope one or two will help me sleep need to sleep a proper sleep.The pegablin was great at first but tolerance goes up so quick and leaves me dopey and heavy headed.Cant wait till I can look back at this thread and laugh.But I knew what I was doing thirteen years ago knew it with all my heart I was going to get on it but carried on now I have to go through a nasty divorce with opium and it's being a bitch.

stopping pregabalin and temazepam abruptly will definitely mess with one’s mood.

What is your sleep like without those meds?

stopping pregabalin and temazepam abruptly will definitely mess with one’s mood.

What is your sleep like without those meds?
Without these I won't sleep.After my wd every night it would start that when I tried to sleep it would feel like I'm being tickled from inside.I t drives me crazy the pegablin stopped it but I'm worried about taking it more then the eight days I have

Have you been on pregabalin before? Or ever been dependent on something similar?

Hopefully the promethazine helps. If not maybe you can get some better non-habit forming sleep aid. Having melatonin and trazadone around the first year off opioids was an absolute necessity for me.

Have you been on pregabalin before? Or ever been dependent on something similar?

Hopefully the promethazine helps. If not maybe you can get some better non-habit forming sleep aid. Having melatonin and trazadone around the first year off opioids was an absolute necessity for me.
Never before this wd benzos every now and again .Have heard of melatonin was thinking of ordering it and some st John's wart for my mood.My problem is my work requires a medical every three years any sign of depression anxiety on my medical record will have me fired so I can't even talk to my doctor.

Day 19 feel week got a cold or flu felt tired before this has debilitated me.On a happier note this is my most drug free days since April 7th 1991 when on my birthday my mate chopped me my first line of crank.

that's really fucked up that a job can fire you just because of having anxiety or depression, seems like that would go against your rights. discrimination is a huge deal here in the states and a lot of companies are getting sued because of it.
Have you ever tried kavakava? it's similar to st.johns wart and can be found at most healthy herbal stores around here. then again you might be better off ordering it online to get better stuff.

I've been doing quite some research on the PAWS symptoms and you would be surprised of how normal you might feel after just a week or two off drugs/alcohol. it just takes time for the mind to recover, and the body and soul. maybe look into some formal meditation, ie daily devotions, readings, sooth music, prayer is what I do on the daily basis because who knows, I might search a guy at my job and find a bag of dope and who knows, I might be having a bad day. I gota realize that I'm not the type of person that will use 1 time and say dang I need help again, I'm the type that you wont see or hear from me again. So I really ask myself is this bag really worth it?
I work the steps today, so when a problem does come up I have a set of tools I use, mostly calling people that knows what it's like to want to use at 1am.

that's really fucked up that a job can fire you just because of having anxiety or depression, seems like that would go against your rights. discrimination is a huge deal here in the states and a lot of companies are getting sued because of it.
Have you ever tried kavakava? it's similar to st.johns wart and can be found at most healthy herbal stores around here. then again you might be better off ordering it online to get better stuff.

I've been doing quite some research on the PAWS symptoms and you would be surprised of how normal you might feel after just a week or two off drugs/alcohol. it just takes time for the mind to recover, and the body and soul. maybe look into some formal meditation, ie daily devotions, readings, sooth music, prayer is what I do on the daily basis because who knows, I might search a guy at my job and find a bag of dope and who knows, I might be having a bad day. I gota realize that I'm not the type of person that will use 1 time and say dang I need help again, I'm the type that you wont see or hear from me again. So I really ask myself is this bag really worth it?
I work the steps today, so when a problem does come up I have a set of tools I use, mostly calling people that knows what it's like to want to use at 1am.
I find listening to music improves my mind a lot.I do miss getting high but don't miss the hassle it was the worry if I get a tug from police job gone.the fear of it going dry for a few days and going into wd the feeling i was imprisoned by my addiction.My company won't fire me for the reason of the medical but will find another reason to I know what they like.