• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

trazadone to sleep during light benzo wd?

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
it work? any adverse effects? suggested dose? i'd like to be done with my taper now if i could just sleep.

i've never taken trazadone before. it was not prescribed to me. that's why i'm being cautious about just taking it, especially in this sensitive state.

thanks

I've taken trazodone to sleep before, not in withdrawal. It feels somewhat awful to wake up, hungover in a bad way. Really not my cup of tea.

Have you tried valerian tea? Perhaps an antihistamine like doxylamine, or diphenhydramine? I have a feeling these will work a bit better, and are OTC.

thanks, i?ll skip it.

antihistamines give me unrestful sleep.

i haven?t tried valerian tea. will pick some up tomorrow.

I'll second captain's advice, trazadone is hit and miss anyway, like captain said for some it's horrible afterward. Felt like I got hit by a truck the one time I used it, but it never even put my ex under.

FWIW, I have used trazedone for sleep for a few years now and it works wonders for me.

I've seen Trazedone used during detox as a sleep med so I think it's fine but I for one don't like Trazedone.

You are better off if you can get Hydroxyzine; mild anti-anxiety’s effects, and no anti-cholinergic side effects -an underrated medication for this purpose

Of course gabapentin or Lyrica, or Phenibut or Baclofen as alternatives2

Yiu asked about traOdone, 25-50mg is certainly safe, and even up to 100ng if your not mixing it with anything weird, however it is generally not the best Ned for this purpose - seroquel or Renee in would be superior

And remember not all antihistamines are precisely the same, though Hydroxyzine is the main exception, some find doxlyamine to be more relaxing and useful than, say diphenhydramine

You are better off if you can get Hydroxyzine; mild anti-anxiety’s effects, and no anti-cholinergic side effects -an underrated medication for this purpose

Of course gabapentin or Lyrica, or Phenibut or Baclofen as alternatives2

Yiu asked about traOdone, 25-50mg is certainly safe, and even up to 100ng if your not mixing it with anything weird, however it is generally not the best Ned for this purpose - seroquel or Renee in would be superior

And remember not all antihistamines are precisely the same, though Hydroxyzine is the main exception, some find doxlyamine to be more relaxing and useful than, say diphenhydramine

oh yes I am a big fan of hydroxyzine. Haven't had it in a while.

Haha yeah, well, just got some 50mg capsules-vistaril generics; they don’t like to give the hcl salt, not complaining, though like the tablets (and water solubility) Oh, and better control over dosing, that is could do 12.5ng easier

Although capsules work just fine. People forget About it, though it has multiple uses, is effective and really the only potent H1 antagonist with virtually no anticholinergic effects

Nice your still around, Captain:)

Didn’t really care much for trazodone either, and many better alternatives
(Better than nothing? Like Flexeril, for that purpose