• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax safe amount-

ChillingLord

Greenlighter
Um, hi, I am a 15 year old girl and I kinda want to try drugs. My friend in my class sold sold me 3 bars of Xanax and I don't know if I how much I should use to begin with because I am not an adult and I'm kinda smaller.
My friends told me not to take the whole bar but they were like "sorry we don't know how much you need to get the good effect minimally"

PS: I'm new here, so if I posted in the wrong spot or anything I'm sorrie ;;

If you've never had xanax before then I highly recommend you don't take the full bar. Are they 2mg bars? If so don't take anymore than 1mg for your first time. So half it. You can always take more if you feel u can handle it, you can never take less.

If you've never had xanax before then I highly recommend you don't take the full bar. Are they 2mg bars? If so don't take anymore than 1mg for your first time. So half it. You can always take more if you feel u can handle it, you can never take less.

Yeah they are 2mg bars. I've never had it before so ;
Okay so I just break it in half? Thanks aa

Hi Chilling and welcome to Bluelight! I'll go one further and say break it into quarters because you've never taken Xanax before. A small amount will give you a mellowed out feeling but too much can make you overly sedated and you could end up just falling asleep. It's effects can be subtle and I'll give you an example of things that happened to me when I was new to xanax:

I was prescribed .25 mg for panic attacks and took it at work. I was just feeling level and calm. I had to gas up the car on the way home and misjudged how close I was to the pump. I pulled in a little too close and scraped up against the cement pole leaving deep yellow scratches in the side panel.

A couple weeks later after my shift ended, I was pulling into the driveway. I mistakenly hit the gas instead of the brake crashing into the garage door. It had a big dent and didn't open properly after that. We needed to get a replacement and my dad was so pissed! It took me a while to pay him back.

What I'm trying to say is this stuff wouldn't have happened had I not been on Xanax. I was not a young kid either- I was 23 but I was na?ve to its effects and the dose was just .25 mg. I didn't realize that I was impaired at the time and felt so stupid. You're not at driving age yet but if you were I would say do not operate heavy machinery! :| Start small and get an idea of how it will affect you. You can always take more later.

Hi Chilling and welcome to Bluelight! I'll go one further and say break it into quarters because you've never taken Xanax before. A small amount will give you a mellowed out feeling but too much can make you overly sedated and you could end up just falling asleep. It's effects can be subtle and I'll give you an example of things that happened to me when I was new to xanax:

I was prescribed .25 mg for panic attacks and took it at work. I was just feeling level and calm. I had to gas up the car on the way home and misjudged how close I was to the pump. I pulled in a little too close and scraped up against the cement pole leaving deep yellow scratches in the side panel.

A couple weeks later after my shift ended, I was pulling into the driveway. I mistakenly hit the gas instead of the brake crashing into the garage door. It had a big dent and didn't open properly after that. We needed to get a replacement and my dad was so pissed! It took me a while to pay him back.

What I'm trying to say is this stuff wouldn't have happened had I not been on Xanax. I was not a young kid either- I was 23 but I was na?ve to its effects and the dose was just .25 mg. I didn't realize that I was impaired at the time and felt so stupid. You're not at driving age yet but if you were I would say do not operate heavy machinery! :| Start small and get an idea of how it will affect you. You can always take more later.

aaa, that's a bit scary ;; I'll break it into quarters and stuff, I still haven't used it yet haha thank you !

Yeah he's right break into quarters. I've had a bad experience with xanax too... When I first started taking it last year I took about 6-8mg in one night totally nieve to its effects, a friend of mine visited my house in the morning and I collapsed as I walked into the living room with him smashing my head on the coffee table. He freaked out and called an ambulance and got took to the hospital, I blacked out a further 2 times at the hospital. So be careful with it